Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

We shouldn't have to weigh our words to make sure we don't say something that will get a thread locked. This used to be a cool place and independent of all the other message boards on label's websites. I think some measures are now more about censorship than legal issues

I'm still annoyed that my Star Trek thread got locked. It was a great thread. It should be unlocked now. Nobody will violate board policy again in it, and starting a second one won't be the same either. I want to update my main post

I'm truly sympathetic, Jason ... but the "high court" has ruled on the Trek thread, and the verdict stands. I started a new thread right after it happened, with a link back to the old thread.

At any rate, I'd hate to see THIS thread get derailed by an argument about board policies and practices. If there's not a place for that, maybe there should be ... but it shouldn't be this thread.

yeah I know.But that's another problem with this MB now .I don't really like to have to re-type my posts 3 or 4 times to make sure I don't say something that will get a thread locked. This used to be a cool place and an independent fan composer forum. Now it seems we have record label tentacles and the copyright police in here.

I think some measures are now way beyond just preventing legal troubles for the website (like linking to music files)

To be fair Mark, we're allowed to talk about the unreleased music and where to find it - just not openly ask for the files.

My position is that I'm not a gamer, not remotely interested in this game, yet it would be nice to hear a few of these unreleased snippets.

It doesn't matter what I think is right or wrong -- it's a violation of house rules, and will get the thread taken down. That's the bottom line.

If this board ever gets in legal trouble by someone requesting they be sent 30 seconds of unreleased music, I'll eat my hat.

...And if it does, give them £5 and tell them to f\/ck off and solve some real problems.

Like I said we should discuss it somewhere else .

It's nice that we have a group of casual posters that want to talk about general entertainment news or the same things as in the other boards (the new FSM,Intrada c.d.'s ), but there's still a core group of JWfans that are basically here to try to edit complete scores from whatever sources are available .

That was the original purpose of this board too.

There will always be someone who has to bitch about the rules...seriously people follow the rules and we won't have problems and threads getting locked. I have no problems with the current rules of the board. As Rich said, we can discuss the material, we just can't openly ask for it or where to find it. A lot of people were asking where to get the material and asking for links in the Trek thread and that's why it was shut down. I think even repeated requests not to openly asked for links went unlistened to.

Just accept the rules?? what about a little good ole' anarchy.. well

I shortly had Staff of the Kings on the Wii.. but to me it is just unbearable what an AAAAWWWFUL game this is. since I am short of money I gave it back and got a refund.

More than likely, yes.

Well if I read Mr Breathmask's rule it seems to restrict discussion a lot more than just asking for stuff but what do I know.

The new rule as it reads seems to take it a lot further. Basically any discussion that goes against the record label's interests can be shut down if the mods feel like it. Now it's finding out something exists in the first place that is compromised.

Because this MB is really lame now (in the areas that used to make it great).

That was in another time!

Do you know what excuse people used to use for having pirated music on their computer? "Well, Napster's legal." That was before the RIAA started counting its fractions of a billion dollars, and began actively hunting down music sharers. People went to jail, people paid out the wazoo to stay out of jail, and the golden age of file sharing came to an end. There were no pages anymore where you could download whole albums in MP3, albeit in 128.

Now if you want something, you have to hunt underground. Torrents and the huge upload sites are in vogue, and they stay out of the news.

Of course there are those who were given stuff with strict instructions to keep it to themselves.

Some people listened and some didn't.

I know this is a big no-no, but I don't know who to ask specifically. Has anybody ripped the music from Lego IJ 2, the newer music that is?

No one has to "rip" the music from the Lego Indiana Jones games. Get a copy of the game and install it. The ogg files will be there in a music folder in the game directory for you to listen to.

If you want to obtain the files without buying the game ... well, I suppose that's between you and your personal code of ethics. But the board policy is quite clear: copyrighted files may not be publicly asked for or offered. Please don't risk this thread getting locked by violating that policy. It's happened before, even with long-running threads of significance.

I have the game, but on the XBOX 360. If you can tell me how to get the music off of that, I will. I'm not trying to stir up trouble.

You know we do have a PM system on this board that has worked for years.

Is everyone scared to use it all of a sudden?

It's not fear of the PM system why I asked my question, it's ignorance on who to ask. Besides, I don't believe I specifically asked for the music, I asked if anybody has done that. I merely asked if somebody robbed the bank, not if I could have some of the money too ;-)

This isn't entirely the same as file-sharing on napster. We're dealing with music files that in a strict sense you're not really 'buying', and for which no direct, marketable costs exist.

No one has to "rip" the music from the Lego Indiana Jones games. Get a copy of the game and install it. The ogg files will be there in a music folder in the game directory for you to listen to.

With respect John, you know damn well many people aren't going to do that, but you have to say it anyway in keeping with the bullshit "we all obey the law 100% and this board is squeaky clean" smokescreen

And my brother has the XBox version of the game but as above, I can't see how to extract music from that. Does that makes it wrong for me to request the very same content in a format my computer can read?

you can only rip the music from the xbox version if you record it directly with the sfx and voices turned off.So you have to plug the sound output into your PC that has the recording software

Which do you think I'm more likely to do - record the cues using that method, or get the actual music files some other way?

yeah I know.But in some cases it's the only option we have when the files can't be accessed directly

I'd be guessing the best sounding option for Staff of Kings would be the PS2 (I can't believe they still release games for older consoles only)

No one has to "rip" the music from the Lego Indiana Jones games. Get a copy of the game and install it.

With respect John, you know damn well many people aren't going to do that, but you have to say it anyway in keeping with the bullshit "we all obey the law 100% and this board is squeaky clean" smokescreen

That can also come back to haunt you if more material is available later from another source and you in turn need somebody else to access it.

I'm really not trying to be "holier than thou." So long as you're comfortable with the risk and ethics involved, get files from whatever source you please. Just don't use the board to ask for them or distribute them. That's my last word on the subject in this thread. If it goes too much farther into off-topic arguments and accusations, it will probably risk getting locked on THAT basis.

regarding the indy 2 lego game: can anyone please tell me, what is the piece playing during the kotcs hub 2?

From our analysis over yonder: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AitXfrT-eTV8dHBRVXBzbTZ3MWk5SHpBYkdFa3llZWc&hl=en

The two loops used for the hub appear to be:

"Action"

- (0:00-1:26) unreleased parts of KOTCS Jungle Chase (John Williams)

"Quiet"

- (0:00-1:11) unreleased YIJC Verdun 1916, nicknamed "Do Any of You Speak German?" (Joel McNeely)

- (1:11-1:40) unidentified

- (1:40-1:54) released YIJC Verdun 1916 "Aerial Pursuit" on OST#1 (Joel McNeely)

• 3 weeks later...

The Indy 4 blu ray is now $12 on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001E75QGG/jwfancom-20

I will probably pick it up so I can rip the audio lossless-ly to make an expanded score

If there is supposedly unreleased music in the menus, you might want to rip that from the DVD instead, because there is a program for that. I don't know if one exists for ripping music from Blu-ray menus.

The Indy 4 blu ray is now $12 on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001E75QGG/jwfancom-20

I will probably pick it up so I can rip the audio lossless-ly to make an expanded score

Do we even know if the menu music in the blue ray is lossless? I know it would be in the movie but for the menus they may have used the same files they used for the 2 disc DVD? It makes sense considering it would save time which means money on the production end for something so few would ever notice.

Hahaha, this is unrelated to what y'all are currently discussing, but somewhat appropriate to the thread as a whole. I had a geeky moment a week or two ago...I play percussion in a very good symphonic band, and I currently happen to be playing timpani for a lot of songs. So I was tuning them before rehearsal one time, and I somehow ended up with three of them tuned to F, Bb, and Eb...so I of course began playing the Koniggratzer March timpani overlay from TLC. ;) Sounded pretty good...if I can ever get some decent mics, maybe I'll record a version to replace that Finale version I uploaded way back when.

You know we do have a PM system on this board that has worked for years.

Is everyone scared to use it all of a sudden?

The new rule as it reads seems to take it a lot further. Basically any discussion that goes against the record label's interests can be shut down if the mods feel like it. Now it's finding out something exists in the first place that is compromised.

Seems like you're slowly realising which world we live in.

I think it's only a matter of time until PMs of such kind will be forbidden/monitored as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Newbury Comics had a B1G1 free used dvd/blu ray sale yesterday, so I ended up picking up the Indy4 DVD (2 disc version) for $5 (got it with Pirates Of Carribean 3 (2 disc version), which were each marked $9.99)

I may or may not still get the blu ray version some day, but that'll be after I already have a blu ray drive and have time to work on assembling a complete score. In the meantime I can easily rip all the stuff in the menus and special features from the regular DVD

• 1 month later...

One thought:

The lego music files have the ambience sound mixed in.

We also have the isolated ambience sound files.

Will the 'wave neutralization technique' work and get rid of the ambience sound?

One thought:

The lego music files have the ambience sound mixed in.

We also have the isolated ambience sound files.

Will the 'wave neutralization technique' work and get rid of the ambience sound?

It's worth a shot.

It DOES work but up to a certain point - it seems the ambience mixed into the music is longer than the solo ambience.

It DOES work but up to a certain point - it seems the ambience mixed into the music is longer than the solo ambience.

there are long cues that have long ambience counterparts.

Anyway, maybe looping the ambience file several times to reach the music file lenght could work.

Did you get any clean music?

The Jungle chase part could be great without that 'ant' noise.