Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

What it is, is if you have two pieces of audio that are identical in wave-form, if you were to "invert" one of them, then mix it over the other, it would cancel the other out, creating blank audio. In this context, we can use the solo ambience files to remove the ambience drawled over the music.

Now, i know how to do it!

It works with Mutt's entrance in the train station!!!!!!

Not with the jungle chase (desert chase part) entirely...

I'm uploading the raw files, i hope you have more luck with the difficult ones. Damn Megaupload error...

i'll try later.

EDIT: I hope im doing something wrong because it does not get 100% clean in train station...:/

If you get an error for megaupload when it shows the file is done uploading, just reupload it with the same tag you had before, then it'll finish and give you the link. It's done that to me a few times and that's all I did to correct it.

Hey this sound much better than I expected.

could it work for They Stole the Children alt?

and

4_1a_Hangar51_Qui (which has the cool version of Irena's Theme at the end)

Hey this sound much better than I expected.

could it work for They Stole the Children alt?

and

4_1a_Hangar51_Qui (which has the cool version of Irena's Theme at the end)

It does in both, but in the end they must have altered the ambiance and the last seconds do not match and sfx sounds.

I hope other people try, i'm just new at this and these could be improved, i think.

Rope bridge: DAMN I dont know where did i store the 1st Lego indy DVD.

I tried it with "Slave Children alternate" seems to work at the beginning , but after 20secs it doesn't..

EDIT: correction... found another ambience/music file of it ...it works perfectly!

unfortuatly the AMB is ten secs to short - but in the end it is not that distracting

I tried it with "Slave Children alternate" seems to work at the beginning , but after 20secs it doesn't..

EDIT: correction... found another ambience/music file of it ...it works perfectly!

unfortuatly the AMB is ten secs to short - but in the end it is not that distracting

those ambient files are loops, so you can paste and paste until you reach the deserved lengh.

Frustrating.

In lego indy 1 there are 3 cues that feature the bridge percusion. It can only be clean in about 10 seconds of one.

And looping the ambience files though it sound seamless, it does not work in the music files. Im with headphones and i am noticing the endings have sound.

New files:

2_2_IndianVillage_Qui (part 1 of alt indy and villagers-miss padmes' is part 2)

4_1a_Hangar51_Qui (irina's theme King Mark Mentioned)

Is there is a program like audacity, in which you can put to music files at the same time, and could move it milisecond to milisecond to find the correct match, it could be very useful in trying to use short ambient files against parts of cues that interest us (like the bridge percussion, for example.)

Oh wait, are you guys talking about taking clean ambient noise files, inverting the waveforms, and then overlaying them onto files that contain the same ambient noise PLUS music? I think I misunderstood. That should work!

Frustrating.

In lego indy 1 there are 3 cues that feature the bridge percusion. It can only be clean in about 10 seconds of one.

And looping the ambience files though it sound seamless, it does not work in the music files. Im with headphones and i am noticing the endings have sound.

New files:

2_2_IndianVillage_Qui (part 1 of alt indy and villagers-miss padmes' is part 2)

4_1a_Hangar51_Qui (irina's theme King Mark Mentioned)

Is there is a program like audacity, in which you can put to music files at the same time, and could move it milisecond to milisecond to find the correct match, it could be very useful in trying to use short ambient files against parts of cues that interest us (like the bridge percussion, for example.)

I still would like to hear what you did with the Rope Bridge pieces. Despite if the endings have sounds on them.

It is frustrating, I've tried. It seems that even if the wave is fractionally off it won't work. Unfortunately all our audio editing software is not that good. You'd have to find a way to paste the bits at the exact time. Or, it could be a longer version of the ambience was used for this bit.

When I'm trying to line up two tracks perfectly, I try to find a part of the tracks where they should be identical (i.e. no additional sounds overlaid onto either track). Then I zoom in bit by bit, trying to eyeball it as I go. Once you zoom in far enough, Audacity shows you the individual samples as dots connected by lines, and then it's just a matter of finding a distinctive peak or valley so that I can line it up perfectly. But then they may have different volume levels, in which case I have to adjust one of them by trial and error until they cancel out properly.

What's really annoying is that sometimes when you duplicate a passage in Audacity, the duplicate is offset by a fraction of the time between individual samples...and because moving the track is quantized, you can't just slide it until it lines up. The way you can fix that is by duplicating the entire track instead of just part of it, and then just use the envelope tool to silence whatever you don't want. Then the samples shouldn't be out of sync.

Does TD_PANKOTSECRETS_C_QUI contain alternate or unused 'bug tunnel and death trap' music. I cant find any mention of that file in this thread.

TD_FREETHESLAVES_D_ACT contrain Short round helps, alternate or in correct pitch?

Somebody with good ear should check the files again. Since we analised them before the Concord release came out.

No, in TD_PANKOTSECRETS_C_QUI they just inserted random music in the middle of the original Williams Indiana Jones 2 cue. And parts are edited differently. But it doesn't contain any unreleased Indy2 music

TD_FREETHESLAVES_D_ACT sounds like they just messed with the original recording too (looping and editing), pretty sure there's nothing new there, other than the clean ending (the Concord and film segues directly to Indy Takes Charge)

Hm Luke I did it with Adobe Audtion.. and my version does somehow sound better? I don't know why - it is the same process..

it has less hiss than your version - also yours sound a little compressed (maybe the mp3 decoder?)

I used cool edit.

Adobe seems to be a better program. maybe its the mp3 compression... but i didnt want to upload wav files since the originals were oggs.

its great they can sound better :)

well cool edit IS adoibe audition. Cool edit was bought by adobe.. as i understand. :)

You're right Adobe bought out the makers of Cool Edit and it became Adobe Audition.

Miss Padmé, just silenced the birds! :)

That's actually pretty damn funny!

So how is everything turning out? Is the project a success for everyone? If so, I may do the same thing...but all I have is ACID Studio. Hope that will be enough

Now, i know how to do it!

It works with Mutt's entrance in the train station!!!!!!

Not with the jungle chase (desert chase part) entirely...

I'm uploading the raw files, i hope you have more luck with the difficult ones. Damn Megaupload error...

i'll try later.

EDIT: I hope im doing something wrong because it does not get 100% clean in train station...:/

How do you do it with Audacity? Could you give me a step by step process?

i used cooledit, not audacity...

FYI: CoolEdit is great for wav-editing but uses a preset of less-than-stellar Fraunhofer mp3 codecs, which you cannot easily replace (with Lame or similar). You should save everything in wav-Format and decode it with Razorlame or another decoder of your choice.

Hello!

I am working on it - I will create a folder, containing all the files I cleaned up properly.

They are the result of hours of adjusting all these ambiencesound with the amb/music mixed files and finding all the loops - and fiddeling arround with , where it was not possible to remove the noise properly

But the best thing now is:

We have "The Priest's Tale/A child returns" Alterante -without any SFx and in CD Quality

Do we have a list about where those cleaned up files would have to be put on "expanded" soundtracks?

In 'chrono' order:

4.1a Hangar Qui = 4.1b Control Room Qui

unreleased Nevada music - in the middle goes the Intro Indy cue from Staff of Kings

4.1a Hangar Act = 4.1b Control Room Act

SFX-less

unreleased Warehouse Chase music from 1.15 to the end

(edit: the staff of kings cue is the same, doesn't have a cleaner ending really)

4.2 Doom Town Free Qui

- unreleased Rocket Sled aftermath (last few seconds should go at the beginning)

- 0:44-1:17 is from the "I like Ike" segment

4.4 Motorbike Qui

Mutt’s Entry

5.4 Jeep Chase Act

unreleased Jungle Chase

5.0 South America Hub Act

unreleased Jungle Chase

6.3 Temple Entrance Qui

ending + opening: "Through Eyes and Tears" (/"The Temple Ruins")

• 2 months later...

I've been rather out of things, but I understand that some more unreleased music has surfaced from KotCS.

The last I knew was the music from the first LEGO Indiana Jones. Could anyone give me some information on what new stuff has surfaced?

i think it has been derived from the second LEGO Indy and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings game but im not sure....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we have a list about where those cleaned up files would have to be put on "expanded" soundtracks?

In 'chrono' order:

4.1a Hangar Qui = 4.1b Control Room Qui

unreleased Hangar music

4.1a Hangar Act = 4.1b Control Room Act

SFX-less

unreleased Warehouse Chase music from 1.15 to the end (for a cleaner ending, see the Staff of Kings cue)

4.2 Doom Town Free Qui

unreleased Rocket Sled aftermath

4.4 Motorbike Qui

Mutt’s Entry

5.4 Jeep Chase Act

unreleased Jungle Chase

5.0 South America Hub Act

unreleased Jungle Chase

6.3 Temple Entrance Qui

ending + opening: "Through Eyes and Tears" (/"The Temple Ruins")

And to add to this:

DoomTown_Intro (.00-.11 sec.) is confirmed to be the very ending of "Knife to a Gun Fight" in KOTCS.

It's very subtle in the film, but it's a lovely little Raiders March cue.

• 2 months later...

I just spent the last couple hours reading this thread. What a phenomenal resource. I've been a film score fan for years but have never signed up here before. John Williams' Superman score got me hooked on film music when I was a young kid.

I once started an Indiana Jones score project back in 2008 when those few cues leaked (Indy Rides the Statue, etc) and then got sidetracked with crazyness and other obligations. Then I accidentally deleted those leaked files and haven't gotten around to trying to find them again.

Anyways, thanks for all the insightful conversation here. This place is a gold mine of information. :) Seriously awesome discussion and information. I' m in AWE!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at last looking into expanding my Indiana Jones edits, but ended up being quite confused on all the LEGO Indiana Jones 2 stuff.

Could anyone give me a hand with figuring things out one way or another? :(

• 1 month later...