Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

Exactly what is the difference between this version of the Once In A Vial Dance Orchestra and a standard dvd rip of that section?

I think I'm gonna write to this guy. Just gonna try to find out what the scoop is, first. If he responds, and if he does indeed have what we think he has, I'll see if I can persuade him to share.

EDIT: Jay, I don't know exactly what Delorean90 meant about that cue, but I'm deducing that it can't be from the DVD because the front channels have lots of SFX and the rear channels have irreparably bad sound quality, whereas the version heard in the video seems to be from a mono source with better sound quality otherwise. :)

Exactly what is the difference between this version of the Once In A Vial Dance Orchestra and a standard dvd rip of that section?

the "brass" sounds different to me when they are compared, but I am no audiophile

here is a DVD rip for comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYg4AA-LZns

that version I posted above (NOT the video I posted before that) is a DVD rip, notice that you can barely hear the snares in the DVD rip and the whole thing sounds a bit wetter

I think they have...different problems. :P The rear channels of the TOD DVD have a strange, yucky sound to 'em throughout the entire film, particularly where the brass instruments are concerned. Makes the trumpets almost sound like really bright saxophones or something. [EDIT: And Faleel's right, it's a wetter mix, too.] I dunno, I've never heard anything like it in another DVD. However, it's still in stereo, which is good. As far as I can tell, the source for the version in that video is in mono, but other than that, the tone of the instruments seems to be a lot more accurate and pleasant. I suppose it'd be a matter of personal taste as to which is better, though.

OK I've been doing some AB comparisons and the youtube version is better than I first though. It's too shrill, though, and sounds possibly sped up

on another note, A Tribute To Vernon sounds almost passable when I play it on my speakers in the background

I dunno about it being sped up, but yeah, the sound quality is definitely not perfect. I'm chiefly interested in "A Tribute to Vernon", since that one is just smothered in SFX on the DVD rip, no matter whether you use the front or rear channels.

In any case, I sent him a message politely asking for more information. We'll see where this goes!

GoodMusician and I have already done the same with our combined sharing materials (which are chiefly KOTCS material)

Not yet, that was Monday night that I messaged him

He should respond sometime, because he has responded in the past

Alright. I recommend no one else contact him, and anyone who already has doesn't do so again until you hear back from him. Don't want to annoy the guy

here is a test I did of making the cues from his video sound better, I am no audiophile so some of the "Improvements" may have done more harm than help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AFT_J-mno

EDIT: could it have been from a Documentary that he ripped the playoff, Overlay, and Palace dinner from? the Overlay does sound garbled at a certain point so he could have done what I did with the KOTCS cues I got from the Docu and thats why its Mono....

Well, the video says he got the Dance Orchestra "from the bootleg release"

It seems he has a bootleg CD that he used to source this stuff, what the source was for THAT CD is what we need to figure out

I think I'm gonna write to this guy. Just gonna try to find out what the scoop is, first. If he responds, and if he does indeed have what we think he has, I'll see if I can persuade him to share.

EDIT: Jay, I don't know exactly what Delorean90 meant about that cue, but I'm deducing that it can't be from the DVD because the front channels have lots of SFX and the rear channels have irreparably bad sound quality, whereas the version heard in the video seems to be from a mono source with better sound quality otherwise. :)

I was just talking about the fact that, in the film mix, the first part of "Once in a Vial" that goes with the overlay is dialed out, and that section in the video has that same edit.

what he is saying is that the guy edited them just like in the DVD so thats why you thought it was DVD rip

Oh and GM says you can hear the tape in the "Vernon" recording, so that proves its from the masters

Seems to me if if he had a complete ToD score from an official source, this guy would have put all of the unreleased tracks in his You tube video, since he went through all the trouble of making that video in the first place.

Maybe the sound quality is so bad, he didn't want to post lengthier stuff like The Child Returns, Molaram's Speech, or The Evil Potion?

As it is he only posted the short missing section of Fast Streets of Shanghai, the overlay, the playoff, and some of the palace source... all under a minute each

I think part of Will in the Fryer is used in the ogg Files for the first Lego Indy (TD_PANKOTSECRETS_C_QUI), or atleast music that sounds Veeerrrry similarto a section of Willy in the Fryer (or atleast what I can hear in a mockup of WITF)

The Once in a vial of the alleged Temple of Doom Bootleg can be very good mix with a good DVD rip of the rear channels!

In the version of the bootleg the Piatti set is very good to hear, but it must be some slowdown in the volume. :yes:

I use this in my own Edit and it works good for me...

I have a new and better mock up for that one in the works... a preview for you only per Pm Okay ?

I don`t have The Lego file from this... It is possible that the Piccolo flutes are a part of it !

I have a new and better mock up for that one in the works... a preview for you only per Pm Okay ?

Looking forward to it

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so in the track Indy and the Villagers/A Child Returns (4'59)

@ 4'02-'03 is the first couple notes of Mola Ram's theme, am i right? Sort of hinting at what's to come. This must have been intentional, right?

ps. Whenever it plays, I just want it to burst into the theme, but it never does. :(

• 2 months later...

Yesterday i finally plugged my new speakers into my computer, (they have a great sound!) and i played some TOD, but the sound was awful! TOD is the worst remaster i ever heard. Too crisp! Much too crisp. Jaws, on the other hand, sounds great. All the other JW cd's i have sound great too. But TOD... Awful.

here is my "evidence":

here is the Lego file edited into the mockup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RiMIncAUx0

here is the original mockup for comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWAORg60v8

So where does the lego file start? I'm playing it on my old laptop and the sound isn't great.

Yesterday i finally plugged my new speakers into my computer, (they have a great sound!) and i played some TOD, but the sound was awful! TOD is the worst remaster i ever heard. Too crisp! Much too crisp. Jaws, on the other hand, sounds great. All the other JW cd's i have sound great too. But TOD... Awful.

here is my "evidence":

here is the Lego file edited into the mockup: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5RiMIncAUx0

here is the original mockup for comparison: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8NWAORg60v8

So where does the lego file start? I'm playing it on my old laptop and the sound isn't great.

^Are you for real? is the sound great, or is it not great? If the sound isnt great, then why are you saying TOD sucks? EDIT: ;)

and the lego file starts at about 0:22

here is my "evidence":

here is the Lego file edited into the mockup: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5RiMIncAUx0

here is the original mockup for comparison: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8NWAORg60v8

^Are you for real? is the sound great, or is it not great? If the sound isnt great, then why are you saying TOD sucks?

and the lego file starts at about 0:22

My old laptop has bad speakers, my computer has those good speakers.

I played ToD on my computer. I played your video on my old laptop.

It sounds fine to anyone but Belgium people called Alex.

My name is not Alex!

Listening to ToD again, i have to agree it's not really bad.

I remember reading somewhere (I think it was on JWfan forums) that there was a released Last Crusade Raiders March version that included the part of the finale, but just shorter. I found this link on youtube, is this the version or is this just a fan-edit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvSszAAl98

Thanks in advance.

I think I remember someone saying it was from a promo disc of some sort.

Alex is short for Alexander, so your name is Alex.

I remember reading somewhere (I think it was on JWfan forums) that there was a released Last Crusade Raiders March version that included the part of the finale, but just shorter. I found this link on youtube, is this the version or is this just a fan-edit?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yXvSszAAl98

Thanks in advance.

Fanedit, I made one

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yXvSszAAl98

Thanks in advance.

Fanedit, I made one

Link? I'd love to hear it.

and do you know if there was an OFFICIALLY released version?

The Last Crusade finale with the Raiders March extension was recorded by the City of Prague Orchestra for Silva Screen... Take that as you will.

Having pretty much finished Raiders, I listened and I noticed a jarring edit in Indie's Feats. I'm guessing they cut some material there. Where can I find what's missing?