Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

Hmm so far I only found this version, which of course is very subpar quality. Played in the first half. Unfortunately also marred by people laughing at one part. But I had never heard this before. Sounds great!

Yes the new arrangements he wrote of Marion's Theme and Irina's Theme in 2008 for concert performances are awesome!

You gents are aware that you no longer need to find the unreleased music from rips right? ;)

Indeed, and what a wonderful gift on the eve of Lincoln's score! :)

So much delicious music went begging from the OST! It's funny how apparent the film's pacing problems are felt listening to the score in complete form; the 27 minute stretch of underscore between 3m21 Homage A Maxie (Peruvian Band source) and "Quick Step in Quicksand" is painful. That JW thought it appropriate to give us 13 minutes worth of it on the OST over a complete Jungle Chase, The Waterfall, Stepping Stones, Nuclear Cloud, and lots of great militaristic bombast from the opening act (where there's much better underscore), is a bit of a head-scratcher. There's just so many more gems hidden in the score.... (until now! :))

I don't hate the underscore in KOTCS... it's just glaringly obvious Williams' writing reflects the tensionless, adventureless directing in that stretch of the film (Staring Down The Skull the only exception). Williams' music in the superbly directed first act is top-notch though, absolutely vintage Indy. Shame the film falls to pieces after that.

Also, "Ugh, Vines" (NOT the revised version) has to be one of JW's finest cues in the entire Indiana Jones library? To think it might never have seen the light of day!

Hey! i must have missed something too, PM please or something? Thanks!

You gents are aware that you no longer need to find the unreleased music from rips right? ;)

Indeed, and what a wonderful gift on the eve of Lincoln's score! :)

Wait, what?? Did I miss something?

Ditto !

-- updated ---

Never mind, got it, what a treat!

Love the three versions of Staring Down the Skull, the first one in particular. It's wonderful to hear so many variations on the familiar themes from the OST. I've only gotten through the first half of the score so far, but I'm really enjoying the variations on Irena and Dovchenko's themes so far.

The obvious homages to the bad 50's sci-fi soundtracks in those alternates is a fun listen. I can see why Spielberg nixed the idea, but I get the feeling the film would've benefitted if he fully embraced these kinds of homages, rather than trying to make the film another matinee serial with aliens shoehorned in. It ended up a strange patchwork which pleased nobody.

I think Johnny tried having a bit of fun with the whole 50's/UFO/synthesiser idea, but none of it made the final cut. :sarcasm:

Another shot at the KOTCS cover from my cover series I posted a while back, now proudly labeled "complete" ;)

kotcscompletefront.th.jpg kotcscompleteback.th.jpg

I've used all cues (plus the source music tracks), but combined some of them following THIS overview. The combined cues don't overlap or crossfade into each other, so the track times might differ if you choose to edit them more seamlessly. Also I took some minor liberties with the track titles.

Someone has the Temple of Doom (Film Version Recording Sessions)

Here's what is included on it. I don't have track times or total disc time yet but should. By looking at these track titles, would it be worth getting? No Sfx and supposedly good stereo sound. Thanks for any input

01 1m1 High Life In Hong Kong - 1m2 Anything Goes.

02 1m3 Anything Playoff.

03 1m4 A Tribute To Vernon.

04 1m5 Indy Negotiates.

05 1m6 Once In A Vial (with 1m6A Dance Orchestra - combined mix).

06 1m7-2m1 Through Chinatown.

07 2m2 Out Of Fuel (with 2m2 Revised Map Extension).

08 2m3 Down The Snowbank.

09 2m4 The Indian Village.

10 3m1 Revised The Old Priest.

11 3m2 The Child Returns.

12 3m3-4m1 The Elephant Ride.

13 4m2 The Scroll - 4m3 To Pankot Palace (Part 1).

14 4m3 To Pankot Palace (Part 2, with Insert).

15 [Palace Source #1].

16 5m1x The Emperor's Entrance - [Palace Source #2] (with 5m2a The First Supper Inserts, Part 1).

17 [Palace Source #2] (with 5m2a The First Supper Inserts, Part 2).

18 5m3 Nocturnal Activities - 5m4-6m1 Strangle Hold.

19 6m2 The Inner Chamber

20 6m3 The Walls Come Down.

21 [First Ceremony Film Edit].

22 7m3 Approaching The Stones.

23 7m4-8m1 Slave Children.

24 7m4-8m1 Insert - 8m2 Mola Ram's Speech.

25 8m3 The Evil Potion.

26 [second Ceremony Film Edit segment] - 7m1 Sanskrit Sacrifice.

27 9m1 Short Round Escapes (Part 1).

28 9m1 Short Round Escapes (Part 2) - 9m2 Willie In The Fryer [edit].

29 9m3 Saving Willie.

30 9m7-10m1 Crusade Of The Slave Children.

31 10m2 Short Round Helps Out - 10m3 Indy Takes Charge.

32 10m4 Mine Car Chase.

33 11m1 Water Music (with 11m1 Insert).

34 11m2 The Sword Trick.

35 [The Rope Bridge].

36 11m4 The Broken Bridge - 11m5-12m1 British Relief.

37 12m2 Finale.

38 12m5 End Credits.

39 1m1 High Life In Hong Kong - 1m2 Anything Goes (No Lead Vocal).

40 1m6 Once in a Vial (No Overlay).

41 1m6 Once in A Vial (with 1m6A Dance Orchestra - film mix).

42 2m2 Out of Fuel (with 2m2a Bar 34 Insert and 2m2b Bar 76 Insert).

43 [second Ceremony Film Edit].

44 11m1 Water Music (No Insert).

Um ... I suppose it's no good ignoring a thread, thinking someone probably has found a possible new alternate in some video game, and now people are bashing their heads in whether it's an alternate or just another mix.

It looks rather legit, though I would assume its an edit of some sort...

Yeah, it's legit. It is the film version, so it will include edits as indicated. But it does have some unreleased music. If it were the sessions without edits it would be more worthwhile to get. But since this score was written back in 1984, this is probably as close to getting any kind of sessions from TOD. So, I don't know. Maybe I should just be content with the Concorde version.

I would get it, but thats just me, from that tracklist, I would believe that only the unreleased bit would be edited, the rest would be sourced from the Indy box by concord..

Here's what is included on it. I don't have track times or total disc time yet but should. By looking at these track titles, would it be worth getting? No Sfx and supposedly good stereo sound. Thanks for any input

01 1m1 High Life In Hong Kong - 1m2 Anything Goes.

02 1m3 Anything Playoff.

03 1m4 A Tribute To Vernon.

04 1m5 Indy Negotiates.

05 1m6 Once In A Vial (with 1m6A Dance Orchestra - combined mix).

06 1m7-2m1 Through Chinatown.

07 2m2 Out Of Fuel (with 2m2 Revised Map Extension).

08 2m3 Down The Snowbank.

09 2m4 The Indian Village.

10 3m1 Revised The Old Priest.

11 3m2 The Child Returns.

12 3m3-4m1 The Elephant Ride.

13 4m2 The Scroll - 4m3 To Pankot Palace (Part 1).

14 4m3 To Pankot Palace (Part 2, with Insert).

15 [Palace Source #1].

16 5m1x The Emperor's Entrance - [Palace Source #2] (with 5m2a The First Supper Inserts, Part 1).

17 [Palace Source #2] (with 5m2a The First Supper Inserts, Part 2).

18 5m3 Nocturnal Activities - 5m4-6m1 Strangle Hold.

19 6m2 The Inner Chamber

20 6m3 The Walls Come Down.

21 [First Ceremony Film Edit].

22 7m3 Approaching The Stones.

23 7m4-8m1 Slave Children.

24 7m4-8m1 Insert - 8m2 Mola Ram's Speech.

25 8m3 The Evil Potion.

26 [second Ceremony Film Edit segment] - 7m1 Sanskrit Sacrifice.

27 9m1 Short Round Escapes (Part 1).

28 9m1 Short Round Escapes (Part 2) - 9m2 Willie In The Fryer [edit].

29 9m3 Saving Willie.

30 9m7-10m1 Crusade Of The Slave Children.

31 10m2 Short Round Helps Out - 10m3 Indy Takes Charge.

32 10m4 Mine Car Chase.

33 11m1 Water Music (with 11m1 Insert).

34 11m2 The Sword Trick.

35 [The Rope Bridge].

36 11m4 The Broken Bridge - 11m5-12m1 British Relief.

37 12m2 Finale.

38 12m5 End Credits.

39 1m1 High Life In Hong Kong - 1m2 Anything Goes (No Lead Vocal).

40 1m6 Once in a Vial (No Overlay).

41 1m6 Once in A Vial (with 1m6A Dance Orchestra - film mix).

42 2m2 Out of Fuel (with 2m2a Bar 34 Insert and 2m2b Bar 76 Insert).

43 [second Ceremony Film Edit].

44 11m1 Water Music (No Insert).

Where did you find this

Are those on ebay? Shoot, i might buy it myself. My favorite score! Only thing is I already have a pretty complete version, but some of the unreleased stuff i have, eg. the rope bridge (35) has some sfx. Do we know if this does not contain sfx on stuff like The rope bridge, the end credits (where the raiders theme A is mixed with short rounds theme), etc.?

Thanks! Very interested,

-Russ

I guess it's a ripoff, like the youtube guy one. If you remember well the youtube guy just had changed cue titles and basically merged Concorde and sfx including DVD rips together... the sound quality was bad too on the dvd rip.

I guess it's a ripoff, like the youtube guy one. If you remember well the youtube guy just had changed cue titles and basically merged Concorde and sfx including DVD rips together... the sound quality was bad too on the dvd rip.

It wasn't just a DVD rip....

It wasn't just a DVD rip....

There's also the lego game(s) which had some content, but I believe mostly contained sfx also. I'm always on the hunt, if anyone knows of unreleased ToD cues without sfx PM me please. My slave children aren't digging fast enough. :)

We've been trying to track down the supposed Temple of Doom convention CD for a while now with no luck. I'm beginning to think it might not exist. This new supposedly clean TOD edit mentioned here is probably another fake one I wouldn't worry about.