Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

There are some interesting overdubs in a couple of cues from Last Crusade:

"Indy's Very First Adventure" -- after Indy mounts on the horse and the pursuit begins, there's a playful circus organ overdub on the 'Young Indy' motif, but it's mixed only on the front channels, while on the rear surround channels you can hear the same OST album mix.

"Escape from Venice" -- the mandolin overdub plays for the most part of the first half of the chase, but again it's mixed only in the front channels.

Did anyone else notice it?

i thought the prominent mandolin were an alternate film version (i love that version...). Its somewhat nice to know its not a full fledged alternate since the box set did not used it.

I'll add it to the website as "Mandolin Sweetener" :rolleyes:

And the IVFA one as "Circus Organ Sweetener"

BTW, going back to the "X Marks The Spot" film version, is that just an alternate mix or an alternate performance (for the reveal of the X on the floor I mean)

I wonder why they re-recorded those 5 seconds to be different than the original cue, I mean what was wrong with the original version anyway

I wonder why they re-recorded those 5 seconds to be different than the original cue, I mean what was wrong with the original version anyway

Possibly it was too loud. The alternate uses woodwinds instead of brass, basically.

Oh my....as someone who is coming into this at a late stage (I have been mostly avoiding a lot of the Indy threads!) this is a hell of a lot to take in!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to holding the CD's in my sweaty palms (hopefully today!), but now I have had a little time to digest a - ahem - preview I am more than curious to see how this all fits together....especially Temple of Doom....!

If you want to know how it all fits together, be sure to check out www.indianajonesmusic.com

Raiders and Last Crusade are mostly figured out, but a big update to the Temple Of Doom section is coming soon...

If you want to know how it all fits together, be sure to check out www.indianajonesmusic.com

I have been.....frequently.....! Very, very good...

I noticed as I was assembling my Raiders edit, that the "Raiders March" cut from disc 5 of the concord set is sort of a fake - the ending has been verbed out but if you listen on headphones you can hear the first hit of the snares from the coda that appears on the end of the End Credits. So Concord just used the same ending for both and faked the one without the coda. Apologies of this has already been mentioned somewhere.

It's been mentioned, in fact I was just trying to learn more about it in the "new indiana jones music website" thread.

I think it's weird that the 2 versions on the OST, the DCC, and the Concord, so 6 versions total... are all (sometimes slightly) different from each other

I just want to say that I have now several times listened to crumbs KOTCS version (after deleting the inserted source music and concert pieces) and find it an excellent listen. Especially the extended Jungle chase is much improved versus the album version; now the "funny" inserts with Mutts music are welcome and not irritating any more. But there are also a lot of small things like the Henry senior theme that make the soundtrack much richer IMO. I am now looking forward to an official complete release of this music as much as to complete editions of the other Indys and find KOTCS a worthy successor to the first three.

It;s nice to know how jungle chase sounds fully complete

but making an "expanded only" version using clean PreViz material and NO dvd rear channel rip is absolutely necessary.At least it can be used as an "official" addition to the OST .

Rear channels DVD rips don't sound remotely near c.d. quality even if they contain no sfx. I keep them as a curiosity on a separate album with the other still unreleased Indy music from the other films

I noticed as I was assembling my Raiders edit, that the "Raiders March" cut from disc 5 of the concord set is sort of a fake - the ending has been verbed out but if you listen on headphones you can hear the first hit of the snares from the coda that appears on the end of the End Credits. So Concord just used the same ending for both and faked the one without the coda. Apologies of this has already been mentioned somewhere.

Yeah, it's identical to the original album edit (with poorly done fadeout and an odd loop of the Raiders March near the end). But that coda was always part of the recording: the DCC does a fadeout too (on "End Credits"), it's just harder to hear.

Heh, I just realized we've had the "never before heard" new Indy's theme at hte beginning of "Water!" all along... parts of it can be heard in BOB INTRO and ESCAPETHEMINESHAFTINTRO, plus maybe more

Just one question. Digital's freak files (original source) for Iskenderum and konnigratzer have the same tape hiss and distortion than the rest of the files i think that kroning.. could be if not the film version, an alternate performance.

And hearing Jason's ediditing package DVD rip, the file sounds the same to me, except the finale flourish that is shorter. The whole scene has a drum beat overdub? maybe and cimbal beats overdubbed in the hitler scene.

Why did we assumed the bootleg file was not Williams-courage version?

Ok and in the 1st seconds (the fade out between the indy-henry discussion and the book burning scene) you can hear (i think) john williams saying 'OK' :lol:

Maybe the film version is the demo performance and what leaked was the final one, but spielberg liked the 1st one better...

anybody has an opinion on the kroningratzer?

The previously announced KOTCS Bonus Disc is nearly done, just converting everything to MP3 now.

My personal rating? Sound quality: 2.5/5. Music quality: 3/5. Effort: 5/5 :D

I think that the two "Der Konigrätzer" tracks on the bootlegs are taken from an entirely different source.

Since the music was not written for the film, different recordings must exist.

Probably the person who compiled the boot found two of those recordings and stuck them on.

from what i heard on a DVD rip, it's pretty close to the film version.

Unless the film version is a licensed recording too.

But... why do they sound as 'damaged' as the rest of the files?

Better quality files should had existed...

I'm no sound-engineer (not even hobby-wise), but I think DFNY's Crusade-boot has more bass to it than the files from the editing-package, plus the latter one sound less distorted (or "warbly"), so I assume the source isn't the same. Would it work to combine the lower-frequencies of DFNY's files with the files from the editing-pack to improve their quality?

I think the ones from the editing package sound much worse and have been tinkered with many times (probably to try to remove tape hiss).
Yes the ones from Digital Freak sound much better

Not exactly answers to my question... :blink:

I just wanted to say thanks for patiently waiting to everyone who has PMed me for the links to the editing packages... I am in the process of revising them all and will upload new ones tomorrow and send out links then. Even if you downloaded the first ones, these are better with more more music. I also normalized everything from the DVDs so you dont have to crank your speakers to hear them and then get blown away by when you play something at normal volume without remembering to turn it down :lol:

Also, I listened to maxxie's Nightclub Brawl edit before the link was removed, and it was awful. Not because of the editing, which was great, but because of the 4% speed up

Anybody out there using PAL rips - DON'T - just use my editing package instead. Stuff ripped from the R1 DVD will match the speed of the original perforrmances on the CD (except of course where Concord screwed up :) )

mmm nocturnal activities and secret passage DVD segue is not very satisfying... I think they were meant to be mixed on the last big note of the former and the clash of the latter. it works better IMO

OK, I've just sent out PMs to everybody with the revised editing packages. If I missed you, PM me

Also, I archived my PM folders right afterwards. If you've sent me any PMs in the past few days and I haven't replied, send again and I'll be sure to reply.

what happened to the cover work someone did a few weeks back?

Probably got deleted when the servers were changed.

Hey all, for everyone messaging me about the KOTCS bonus disk, it IS done, I just can't upload it atm because my internet is capped. It'll be around in about 24 hours!!! :lol:

Also, I've combined several cues from Temple and Crusade to create suites and the like, which will be released eventually as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Did anyone with a R1 DVD capture that alternate 'Spell of the Skull' fragment off the DVD? Please PM me.

I'm a little late here, but yes. I'd like that as well.

could whoever posted the custom cd cover designs from about a month or so back please repost them?

Here's JanBing's post with his KotCS covers.

I'm pretty sure he also did the other ones, but they're no longer on the forum by the looks of it.

Edit: I saved the files when I saw them, so here are the originals that I still have:

indyexp1xl8.jpg

indyexp2zh1.jpg

indyexp3nu1.jpg

indyexp4ic4.jpg

OK, I watched the Production Diaries on the bonus disc, and at 5:41 of the featurette Exploring Akator (on the European version of the DVD, that is), you can hear previously unheard music. The featurette deals at that moment with the shooting of the spiral staircase scene when the cue starts playing in the background.

It sounds a bit like On the Conveyor Belt from AotC... does anyone know what this is?

Not that I know, but I also recall hearing a version of the Ark theme I wasn't familiar with while perusing the special features menu? Is this from KotCS or am I just forgetting something from Raiders?

You can also hear a pretty awesome alternate version of the last part of "The Jungle Chase" underneath the section talking about the editing of the film.

Does anyone have the following tracks?

- Shanghai, 1935 (Anything Goes extension)

- The Nightclub Brawl with Anything Goes overlay

- Fast Streets of Shanghai (Complete) with missing section added

- Map/Out of Fuel with added segment from LEGO Indiana Jones

- They Stole the Children (Alternate) from the LEGO Indiana Jones game

- Rope Bridge Percussion (Complete) with the added segments from LEGO Indiana Jones

- End Credits (Complete) from Temple of Doom

- Belly of the Steel Beast/On the Tank (Combined track)

Also which tracks should get a volume boost and by how much?

I'll try to make my own temporary extended editions until somebody else does it better.

Even with some questionable decisions (including some tracks instead of others, the editing of Desert Chase - in fact the only album editing I liked was not reproduced in the set [the merger of Marion's Theme with Flight To Cairo which was great and IMO works better that the two short separate pieces]) and errors (pitch problems) I more than happy with the set for all the amount of wordfull previously unreleased music.

I want now to start some editing of my own (mainly the pitch corrections and merging of some tracks).

I've already included the map film version into the MAP-OUT OF FUEL track, but intend to redoo soo with better quality but I'd love if someone could PM me the following TOD tracks from the Lego game:

- They Stole the Children (Alternate)

- Rope Bridge Percussion

I'd also like if anyone has a good version of the following tracks (maybe from the DVD rear channels)

- Shanghai, 1935 (Anything Goes extension)

- Arrival at the Village

- The Nightclub Brawl - Anything Goes overlay