Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

jungle encounter sounds like Indy IV :D, that i can concede.

Well this music is for a videogame, and i like this kind if re-arranging. I love McNeely's Phantom train of Doom , for example.

And always this is better than a tracked score (unless it contains isolated unreleased music! :) ).

If he had been allowed to use the march more boldy (there is one quotation) and create a complete original score for the game that would noy have had any tracked music, this could have been a fun ride of a score.

I see this kind of near quoting of music degrading to both the original composer and to the one doing this "rearranging". And it is not rearranging here but something else. No creative room is given so he has to come up with the exact same music but tinker with it a little so it has the same contours as the original but has some a bit different sounding parts to try to mask the lift. And it sounds like different Indiana Jones action cues pasted together from here and there. Either it is a mandate from those who hired him or the composer is meek and wants to play it safe.

If he had been allowed to use the march more boldy (there is one quotation) and create a complete original score for the game that would not have had any tracked music, this could have been a fun ride of a score.

Surely if he's been allowed to use it once, he can use it as many times as he wants?

If he had been allowed to use the march more boldy (there is one quotation) and create a complete original score for the game that would not have had any tracked music, this could have been a fun ride of a score.

Surely if he's been allowed to use it once, he can use it as many times as he wants?

I think he just sneaked it in there once, ignoring the copyright issue.

Did they have financial issues with licensing the use of Williams' themes? This movie trailer style plagiarism is just silly. I bet Gordy Haab would have come up with more interesting music if he was allowed to use the Raiders March, etc. in his compositions.

I was thinking the same.

Listen to the Staff of Kings original Soundtrack here:

Some pretty nice "hommages" to Williams' original

http://www.gordyhaab.com/indylong.htm

Edit reg. the FMTowns Vers:

The Ost seems to be a rerec for a Disney World Indiana Jones attraction.. thats what I have read at lucasforums.

Haab must have gotten a very specific brief to emulate JW closely in composing the needed underscore for the game as what he is doing could be called near direct plagiarism of JW's music but dressing it a bit differently. There is not a single cue that would indicate otherwise. It is almost like the world's most direct temp track copy. Even though a few cues sound nice the result shows more diligent skill in taking existing music and modifying it than original composition in the spirit of JWs Indiana Jones music.

But it still sounds better than Indy 4!

I highly disagree.

I highly don't. ;)

You highly don't disagree?

jungle encounter sounds like Indy IV ;), that i can concede.

Well this music is for a videogame, and i like this kind if re-arranging. I love McNeely's Phantom train of Doom , for example.

And always this is better than a tracked score (unless it contains isolated unreleased music! ;) ).

If he had been allowed to use the march more boldy (there is one quotation) and create a complete original score for the game that would noy have had any tracked music, this could have been a fun ride of a score.

I see this kind of near quoting of music degrading to both the original composer and to the one doing this "rearranging". And it is not rearranging here but something else. No creative room is given so he has to come up with the exact same music but tinker with it a little so it has the same contours as the original but has some a bit different sounding parts to try to mask the lift. And it sounds like different Indiana Jones action cues pasted together from here and there. Either it is a mandate from those who hired him or the composer is meek and wants to play it safe.

I dont find this strikingly different than Jawa's music and the rite of spring.

And john Williams won an oscar :P

And now i must flagellate myself for my sin. thank you XD

jungle encounter sounds like Indy IV ;), that i can concede.

And always this is better than a tracked score (unless it contains isolated unreleased music! ;) ).

I dont find this strikingly different than Jawa's music and the rite of spring.

And john Williams won an oscar :P

And now i must flagellate myself for my sin. thank you XD

Pax tecum Luke. Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis sodalis! I am expressing my personal view on the matter. And I think SW is a different matter compared to this. JWs score in its entirety is much more original and not all obvious note for note rearranging of other composers' material. Or if I am mistaken please make up comparison list for all cues in SW and their classical music equivalents. If you enjoy Mr. Haab's concoctions then I am happy for you. I just express my opposite view on his compositions and the way industry makes composers abandon their own voice entirely and produce exact copies with no hint of personal style. As in all 10 examples on Haab's site you can easily point out individual JW cues they are aping.

i was only mentioning the jawa music because that`s the only blatant 'rip' i heard in the score, i was exaggerating...

you know, i was a little dissapointed by this game score, so...i dont know what im doing defending the approach soo much...

off-topic smart-ass statement ;): I just read your avatar's location.

There is not a single penguin species in the northern hemisphere (in the wild)

Unless you mean.. the bird that is called 'pingouin' in frech which is the auk Alca torda

The music's so cheesy. I could basically tell where every piece was going. "'Magnus' Theme'? Well, he's the German villain, so let's have the first three notes of the Nazi theme from Last Crusade, then a different note to make it original..." I think imitative music like this is annoying.

I dont hate or love the music to be honest. There are tracks which definitely do sound like adhering closely to temp tracks, but some which sound like its own thing, with a very strong Indy feel and lifted flourishes from the Williams originals.

I dont hate or love the music to be honest. There are tracks which definitely do sound like adhering closely to temp tracks, but some which sound like its own thing, with a very strong Indy feel and lifted flourishes from the Williams originals.

Yeah you can certainly tell that it's meant for Indy.

off-topic smart-ass statement :folder:: I just read your avatar's location.

There is not a single penguin species in the northern hemisphere (in the wild)

Unless you mean.. the bird that is called 'pingouin' in frech which is the auk Alca torda

The penguin and polarbear thing is a inside joke among my friends :P The secret is that there are no penguins and certainly no polarbears in Finland.

• 4 weeks later...

The game does look cool, but after several lego star wars, lego indy, lego batman, I've had enough, they're all the same, so I'll probably pass on this one.

The game does look cool, but after several lego star wars, lego indy, lego batman, I've had enough, they're all the same, so I'll probably pass on this one.

Agreed, after the Star Wars Complete saga and Indy I'm pretty much Lego'd out. I still haven't gotten Batman yet either, and I was really looking forward to it. About half-way through Indy I realized that these games, while fun and easy to pick up, can be very repetitive and not very rewarding. But hey, at least we're getting some more music out of it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

well, well, at last Indiana Jones and the Staff of kings is giving us goodies.

I just ripped the whole unreleased tibdit from the Wharehouse escape cue. i think it can be edited into the dvd rip with ease.

(it's the begging of the chain fight with dovchencko)

i checked the movie and i think there is UNUSED music even!

and this is just level 2, lets hope for more...

(there were two seconds of the jungle chanse in another SFX-cutscene)

the game is PAL, i dont know if this affects it.

well, well, at last Indiana Jones and the Staff of kings is giving us goodies.

I just ripped the whole unreleased tibdit from the Wharehouse escape cue. i think it can be edited into the dvd rip with ease.

(it's the begging of the chain fight with dovchencko)

i checked the movie and i think there is UNUSED music even!

and this is just level 2, lets hope for more...

(there were two seconds of the jungle chanse in another SFX-cutscene)

the game is PAL, i dont know if this affects it.

good work! I hope you find more.

No pitch issue I believe

Any opinions on what is the best sound quality overall,this rip or the DVD?

Yeah, PAL games don't have any speed-up. Luke, how are you ripping the music? Is it in an accessible file format like WAV?

no... i recorded it with audacity 'as i went', putting volume of sfx and voice to zero.

PS: the psp version has been cracked and does not feature any unreleased music. its all small bits or williams music (indy march) and sinth cues (that maybe are composed by the same composers, but are not the same)

i forgot to mention that you can PM :lol:

no... i recorded it with audacity 'as i went', putting volume of sfx and voice to zero.

the recording is good though,no static like on Battlefront 2 initial recordings

Well it's 19 seconds of extra music

Does anyone else think there is a unreleased opening to the track he recorded (like just a couple seconds) or is it just me? Probably is, but had to ask.

Thanks for getting this! :lol:

Does anyone else think there is a unreleased opening to the track he recorded (like just a couple seconds) or is it just me? Probably is, but had to ask.

it seems to lead from an unused segment

no, that beggining is the ending of the unreleased music due to the looping.

is there anyway that i can improve the sound?

i recorded it with audacity, so if anyone can help with the options there...

the source is stereo, or so the game says. and i cant put the volume higher on the computer :/

mmm, the blunt part of the ark theme is not there, i remember that when the dvd docs material surfaced it was mentioned that the ark theme was longer than the movie. and hearing the file again, i notice the cut or transition feels natural. could be the ark theme part 2 one of the famous indy scores' 'inserts'? or a film version?

i cant find that cymbal clash on the cue we already got...

thank you for it.

Yes it has a very narrow stereofield. this MAY be your soundcard/software configs fault.. but maybe its like this in the game?

Just listen to that part ingame with headphones and then try to find out if you can hear a difference between the game mix and your recording.

If he used the default setting to record it should be ok .The only way to mess with the stereo field is to do something with the setings on purpose

And the volume is fine. There's no clipping and you can match it with the DVD part .I only used the minimum from the game rip and the rest used the DVD previz rip

well i found a segment of 'the secret revealed' that sounds different

but i feel it may be altered by the designers. high pitch??

i'll send links to everyone who asked for the other file.

yay!

i have the music for a certain scene involving a mushroom! ;) and it was a cutscene. It seems that in-level cutscenes do get affected by the volume :P i think i did not miss anything but i'll replay these levels when i finish the game.

and a possible alternate or unreleased part with the crystal skull theme (when they are looking at the pictures in the wall??)

preparing the wavs and uploading soon, wait a min.

UPDATE:

indy fanfare when he puts his hat when he is gotten out of the car. in a sepparated link

DAMNIT!

they put on a cutscene the missing bit of the 'they weretn you honey' (indy and mutt kick dovchenko) and then the music that goes as proffesor standford get marcus bible.

i'm starting to think that the impossible to remove sfx in cutscenes has been on purpose :/

i sent you a file that i dont know hwere its from. discuss! :P

Wow! The Mushroom cloud..one of the missing highlights.

"unknown" cue = Unreleased Orellana's Craddle + Nevada 1957

I don't know exactly where goes the "crystal skull" recording goes

Anyone else having a hard time editing the newly discovered segment of "Warehouse Escape" into the Pre-Viz version? It's fairly easy to edit it in where it goes, but to then edit the end from the Pre-Viz afterward is sort of hard to do without it, well, sounding like an edit, lol. I think because it is still missing a second or two, or a couple notes or something, that would lead into the continuing bit. So we may have to get those couple of notes from a DVD rip? Otherwise it just sounds weird editing it in the way it is. Unless you guys have had more success than me.

well, the istambul level didnt had anything salvageable.

the nepal one has something, but just as a curiosity.

i found an alternate neding to the jungle chase (wow..WOW! scene)

its only 10 seconds but the orchestration screams 'concert version' specially the ending' drum 'boom'

the file i'm sending has some TOD music (i think it is on the concord release, but with a a clean endig?) an action cue by Haab and the jungle chase ending (i didnt want to make a cut because they are a little mixed)

Nice!

Would you also keep an ear open for possible Young Indy music, or is there none of that?

it is... or so i think. i didnt recorded them ;)

Well. i found one TOD cue.

I HOPE it is fortune and glory, (i'm ashamed that at the moment, i dont remember how that cues sounds)

if not, it maybe an alternate indy and the villagers (there was one in the lego game, didnt it?)

I got is this really odd alternate Mine Car Chase (unknown2) .Check at the 0.54 mark and you get the matching point with the version we know

Maybe it's an early version Williams composed ?

Unknown2 was described by Luke above:

the file i'm sending has some TOD music (i think it is on the concord release, but with a a clean endig?) an action cue by Haab and the jungle chase ending (i didnt want to make a cut because they are a little mixed)

He hasn't sent the TOD music he talked about after that yet