Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Pieter Boelen

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (John Williams)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this score?

• 5 stars
    • 4,5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

Am I the only one here who compares the A New Hope (I call it that just for Joey and Mark and everyone else's sake) Tatooine fluff music with the Attack of the Clones love fluff music? Neither seem to move the the story forward musically (and I know I will get persecuted for saying that), and neither really offer too much fascinating compositional or orchestrational material. Neither do a great job of incorporating themes or developmental sections. I think they are about equal in terms of musical interest.

All right, fire at will.

Colin Thomson

Idiot!

Neil

Why, thank you! You really are too kind. I certainly don't deserve that sort of generosity.

Colin Thomson, who has seen all of the Star Wars movies

Am I the only one here who compares the A New Hope (I call it that just for Joey and Mark and everyone else's sake) Tatooine fluff music with the Attack of the Clones love fluff music? Neither seem to move the the story forward musically (and I know I will get persecuted for saying that), and neither really offer too much fascinating compositional or orchestrational material. Neither do a great job of incorporating themes or developmental sections. I think they are about equal in terms of musical interest.

All right, fire at will.

Colin Thomson

Knowing you, Colin, you probably haven't even seen the movies.

However, you bear a slight resemblance to David Tennant, so you're okay in my book.

Just answering an indirect question indirectly.

Colin Thomson

• 14 years later...
Just now, Jay said:

Anyone else think Princess Leia's theme has never sounded better than it does in that cue?

It's certainly up there. Do we count the escape pod launch as Leia's theme? If so that's the winner. I'm also a huge fan of Carrie Poppins in The Last Jedi.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Anyone else think Princess Leia's theme has never sounded better than it does in that cue?

My thoughts too !

14 hours ago, Tallguy said:

I tend to compare it with The Asteroid Field, but really TAF doesn't quite equal it.

I've also done a full cover of it ! Entirely played on the french horn :)