What a strange coincidence...

indy4

According to iTunes, I have listened to 3, and only 3, "songs" 57 times: "Flying," "Soarin," and "To Cairo." I realize that these have a lot in common.

First of all, all three of them are somehow linked to Disney. "Flying" is from Peter Pan, which Disney made a cartoon version of many years ago. "Soarin" is from the Soarin' Over California ride in CA Adventures. And "To Cairo" is from Indiana Jones, and there is an Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.

Secondly, they all have something to do with flying. "Flying," well, that's obvious. "Soarin" is obvious as well. And "To Cairo" takes place when Indy and Marion are flying to (guess) Cairo.

Thirdly, the composers who wrote them have a first name beggining with a "J" and then a vowel. John Williams wrote "To Cairo," James Newton Howard wrote "Flying," and Jerry Goldsmith wrote "Soarin."

And there are three cues, written by three composers, with three reasons why they are similiar. And 57 is divisible by three.

Anybody else have cool coincidences like that? I know it's totally pointless, but it's still pretty fun. :-)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else have cool coincidences like that?

It's the number of my life.

Take my full name (Charles Andrew McKnight) and translate it to numbers using the standard system of A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Add them all together and you get 216.

My social security number. No, I'm not going to tell what my SSN is, but suffice it to say that 216 shows up in multiple different ways.

My birthday is November 16, which means 11/16. 1+1=2, so in a way my month is 2, and thus, 216 is my birthday. That one is kind of stretching it, I realize, but consider this. Exactly nine months before then would be February 16, or 2/16. So it is conceivable (lame pun) that I was actually conceived on 216.

The year of my birth is '88. '88 is a 2-digit number which when you add the two digits, equals 16. 216

All right, I know what you're saying. The full year is 1988. Well, 19 divided by 88, and rounded to the nearest thousandth, equals .216.

Beyond those, the number just constantly shows up everywhere for me.

Some other interesting stuff I've found about the number 216:

It is the smallest cube which is also the sum of three cubes. 2³+3³+4³=6³=216

It is also the product of two cubes. 2³x3³=216

It is an untouchable number. It can not be expressed as the sum of all the proper divisors of any other integer.

It is used in the movie Pi to represent God, and it is used in the Left Behind series to represent the Antichrist.

Gullywingdoors, all that number stuff reminded me about this huge Pi concidence.

Pi is the devil's number.

1. "P" is the 16th letter in the alphabet.

2. "I" is the 9th letter in the alphabet.

3. Multiply 9 with 16, and you get 144.

4. Add the first 144 digits of Pi together, and you get 666.

Or so I've heard. :-P

This is why The Number 23 was stupid.

How do you even come to all these conclusions, especially in gullwingdoors case. Only significant thing about me is that my last name spelled backwards is the same forwards.

"Flying" is from Peter Pan, which Disney made a cartoon version of many years ago.

You say that as though the movie James Newton Howard scored -- a decent movie, but nothing more, in my opinion -- is the real Peter Pan movie, and the Disney version is some sort of also-ran.

It isn't one of the better Disney movies, in my opinion, but the Disney Peter Pan is far and away the best-known, best-loved film version of that story. The version you're referring to will forever be reduced to living in its shadow. (It's not even one of my favorite JNH scores; rather bland, to my ears.)

Anybody else have cool coincidences like that?

It's the number of my life.

Take my full name (Charles Andrew McKnight) and translate it to numbers using the standard system of A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Add them all together and you get 216.

My social security number. No, I'm not going to tell what my SSN is, but suffice it to say that 216 shows up in multiple different ways.

My birthday is November 16, which means 11/16. 1+1=2, so in a way my month is 2, and thus, 216 is my birthday. That one is kind of stretching it, I realize, but consider this. Exactly nine months before then would be February 16, or 2/16. So it is conceivable (lame pun) that I was actually conceived on 216.

The year of my birth is '88. '88 is a 2-digit number which when you add the two digits, equals 16. 216

All right, I know what you're saying. The full year is 1988. Well, 19 divided by 88, and rounded to the nearest thousandth, equals .216.

Beyond those, the number just constantly shows up everywhere for me.

Some other interesting stuff I've found about the number 216:

It is the smallest cube which is also the sum of three cubes. 2³+3³+4³=6³=216

It is also the product of two cubes. 2³x3³=216

It is an untouchable number. It can not be expressed as the sum of all the proper divisors of any other integer.

It is used in the movie Pi to represent God, and it is used in the Left Behind series to represent the Antichrist.

There is a great episode of The X-Files called "Improbable" (I think) that deals with numerology, and features Burt Reynolds playing God. Ah, what a strange episode . . . good stuff, though.

What a strange coincidence

On the way to other topics.....you will stop at Pankot Palace :rolleyes:

Pankot Palace is not on the way to the Other Topics.

This is why The Number 23 was stupid.

How do you even come to all these conclusions, especially in gullwingdoors case. Only significant thing about me is that my last name spelled backwards is the same forwards.

You mean a palindrome?

And I found The Number 23 to be fascinating, personally.

You say that as though the movie James Newton Howard scored -- a decent movie, but nothing more, in my opinion -- is the real Peter Pan movie, and the Disney version is some sort of also-ran.

It isn't one of the better Disney movies, in my opinion, but the Disney Peter Pan is far and away the best-known, best-loved film version of that story. The version you're referring to will forever be reduced to living in its shadow. (It's not even one of my favorite JNH scores; rather bland, to my ears.)

For me, the first thing I think of at the words "Peter Pan" is the Disney cartoon. I like it more, even, than the book. I haven't seen the new version, but I love JNH's "Flying." It was used in a Disneyland commercial once, and it really worked brilliantly. The rest of the score is listenable, but not the most interesting soundtrack I've ever heard.

Thirdly, the composers who wrote them have a first name beggining with a "J" and then a vowel. John Williams wrote "To Cairo," James Newton Howard wrote "Flying," and Jerry Goldsmith wrote "Soarin."

The initial of each of their last names could be significant as well: Howard + Goldsmith + Williams = HGW which could be the initials of Harry Gregson Williams or H. G. Wells.

Harry did the music for Chicken Run (which is all about trying to fly), and Wells wrote quite a few novels having to do with flying.

I think I'm tired. :huh:

The initial of each of their last names could be significant as well: Howard + Goldsmith + Williams = HGW which could be the initials of Harry Gregson Williams or H. G. Wells.

Harry did the music for Chicken Run (which is all about trying to fly), and Wells wrote quite a few novels having to do with flying.

I think I'm tired. :huh:

LOL, that's great!!

For me, the first thing I think of at the words "Peter Pan" is the Disney cartoon. I like it more, even, than the book. I haven't seen the new version, but I love JNH's "Flying." It was used in a Disneyland commercial once, and it really worked brilliantly. The rest of the score is listenable, but not the most interesting soundtrack I've ever heard.

Are you positive that in the Disneyland commercial you're referring to, it was the JNH piece playing? Because "Flying" sounds an awful lot like a section of "Reflections of Earth," a lovely piece composed by Gavin Greenway for the Millennium Celebration at Epcot. In which case, it greatly predates JNH's Peter Pan.

Yeah I get that same feeling when I see your polls.

A waste of time but I just gotta read them to punish myself.

Yeah I get that same feeling when I see your polls.

A waste of time but I just gotta read them to punish myself.

So you're saying you're gay and masochistic?

I repeat: WOW!

Apparently Josh is in denial so he's blaming everyone else.

You didn't answer my question. ARE you gay and masochistic?

Don't be evasive.

This thread isn't dead yet?

Wow indeed.

- Marc, who was expecting a swift but natural death.

You should know better, it's like putting blood in the water with sharks.

Plus I like torturing myself.

All I hope is that with the release of Indy IV and it's score, the recent spate of gay innuendo and accusation in this place will let up, for a while.

I don't know how to talk to you.

When I call somebody gay, why do you assume that's an insult?

The person who's insulting is you! That's why you don't know what to say now...