The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

Ricard

What's with the $40 version of the soudntrack on Target's website?

thats the two disc extended edition, 37 tracks in all including unused material, and concert arrangements, and the special Indy finale featuring music from all 4 films in an actual recording, not a cut and paste edit version.

man I started to cry while reading this.... why don't those executives just ask us how we want to make a soundtrack! We are the ones who buy it.

Someone should just go offer to buy the rights and such for the Prequels and Indy. Since they have no intention of releasing them they should have no problem selling the rights. :)

Someone should just go offer to buy the rights and such for the Prequels and Indy. Since they have no intention of releasing them they should have no problem selling the rights. :)

They're holding them back like corporations hold back the cure for acne, dandruff, hair loss, obesity and cancer.

yeah but they make more money on maintaining rather than curing. by not giving us the soundtrack we want they don't make any money.

coming soon

Indiana Jones and the Search for Willie's Lost Teeth

followed soon after with

Indiana Jones and the Search for Calista's Shadow.

An interesting post on the FSM MB concerning the music in the film

FSM Indy4 thread

So there is half of Jungle Chase that did not make it to the album. I guess some of us were right with their predictions.

FSM Indy4 thread

So there is half of Jungle Chase that did not make it to the album. I guess some of us were right with their predictions.

Damn I knew it.. I would have preferred the album without the raiders march and have a 10 minute action sequence instead

The news that Burtt worked on this movie is disappointing.

I massively disagree with this comment.

Burrt is as much a part of the Indy experience (and tradition) as Ford, Spielberg and Williams ever were.

His contribution is invaluable.

FSM Indy4 thread

Damn I knew it.. I would have preferred the album without the raiders march and have a 10 minute action sequence instead

Yep,that really sucks .Could have been worse as in the album beeing much shorter,but it's sad to hear we get a hacked up version of the main set piece.

FSM Indy4 thread

Yep,that really sucks .Could have been worse as in the album beeing much shorter,but it's sad to hear we get a hacked up version of the main set piece.

This seems to be the fate of EVERY Indy score, somehow . . . important sections are ALWAYS missing.

Yes,but at least when we got a cue it was mostly complete in the past. A piece of music was either on the album or unreleased.

Now album cues are micro edited to death as to not even ressemble the recorded version .No doubt that this Ramiro Belgart guy is working on a wave editor and slapping togheter the bit HE likes the best with no regard to the flow and structure of the cue.

And then there is my "conspiracy" theory that the best part of cues are edited out just to leave good material for an eventual expanded release (that may or not ever come)

your last line is pure lunacy, but right out of the KM needs a life book.

Yes,but at least when we got a cue it was mostly complete in the past. A piece of music was either on the album or unreleased.

Now album cues are micro edited to death as to not even ressemble the recorded version .No doubt that this Ramiro Belgart guy is working on a wave editor and slapping togheter the bit HE likes the best with no regard to the flow and structure of the cue.

And then there is my "conspiracy" theory that the best part of cues are edited out just to leave good material for an eventual expanded release (that may or not ever come)

I think JW gets to have a say, as well!

The rest of it has the ring of truth, though. I think those of us that care about these things are going to be horrified the first time we watch the movie when comparing the actual score against the CD.

I think those of us that care about these things are going to be horrified the first time we watch the movie when comparing the actual score against the CD.

So much so that it could ruin the actual film experience? 'Horrified' is such a sad and desperate expression, in this case.

Whoa, I cannot get my head around that.

Is it literally impossible for you die-hards to sit back and watch the show, THEN ponder the score?

If the answer is yes, then you have no business reviewing the film in question.

*sigh*

Horrified at how the score is presented on CD, not horrified at the actual movie.

Hmmmm, apart from The Jungle Chase, not many tracks appear too hacked up...

*sigh*

Horrified at how the score is presented on CD, not horrified at the actual movie.

Well *sigh*, you should check your wording before submitting a post. Maybe then the wrong impression will not be created. *Sigh and yawn*

I've listened to the score 3 times now and I still think it sucks. Why do we need another rendition of the RAIDERS march??? 6 minutes of wasted disc space which could have be filled more appropriately with newer music AND it wasn't even a good RAIDERS performance!!!! Can't wait to bitch about the movie :P

I've listened to it about three or four times, and I'd give it a B so far. Irina's theme has been stuck in my head for days. Love The Jungle Chase, hacked up though it may be. I also enjoy the new arrangement in the Raiders March reprise section at the end of Finale.

However, Finale is an interesting one thinking in terms of music not on the album. The section from the last statement of Marion's Theme to the Raiders March just doesn't feel natural, so I wonder if there is something between that, or if it's just a case of weird editing. Guess we'll have to wait until Thursday (or Wednesday if you're MissPadme).

I can understand being upset about the inclusion of the march and losing disc space, but in this case you realy have think of the casual buyer. Some random person picking up the cd will probably be picking it up just to hear that - I'm sure many couldn't care less about what else is included on the album.

Guess we'll have to wait until Thursday (or Wednesday if you're MissPadme).

heh hee :P

well at first they told me that they won't be selling any tickets in advance but only at the evening right before the premiere.. oh man that would have been chaotic! ;)

But i guess she was just missinformed becasue now I got the tickets I am really exited everywhere just INdy! be it news, Tv or the street

It's comes in a digipack case. There is a booklet inside of it with a note from Steven Spielberg. Some photos inside of it that haven't been seen until now.

Neil

digipacK? worst fears come true

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Screw continuity. Well maybe the expanded scores will be digipack then...

Well at least those are harder to break in mail packets...

BTW we asked Joe and the didnt respond...

What's with the $40 version of the soudntrack on Target's website?

Seriously it's the import version. Nothing extra just the high exchange rate.

I've listened to the score 3 times now and I still think it sucks. Why do we need another rendition of the RAIDERS march???

Maybe because it is a selling point of the cd. After all there's a sticker on it advertising that it contains the Raiders March.

I am pretty happy that Amazon managed to get the cd to me today. :P

I can understand being upset about the inclusion of the march and losing disc space, but in this case you realy have think of the casual buyer. Some random person picking up the cd will probably be picking it up just to hear that - I'm sure many couldn't care less about what else is included on the album.

Indeed, its obvious its there for commercial reasons.

Burga - who quite enjoys the new march recording.

It does suck when cues are edited like that on an album, but it makes me more excited to hear the score in the film, as it will almost certainly be a better presentation. And there are always DVD rips (with varied quality, of course).

FSM Indy4 thread

Don't stress! We'll get a complete edition in 30 years.

Has anyone else seen this?

From soundtrack.net:

"This fall, Concord Music Group will also reissue the soundtracks to the original Indiana Jones trilogy, which have been out of print for nearly a decade, as part of a four-CD boxed set. "

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1183

Has anyone else seen this?

From soundtrack.net:

"This fall, Concord Music Group will also reissue the soundtracks to the original Indiana Jones trilogy, which have been out of print for nearly a decade, as part of a four-CD boxed set. "

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1183

That's very good news :)

The question is, do the 3 complete scores fit in 4 cd's? If they are all filled with 75 minutes, we'll have 300 minutes, or 5 hours worth of music.

According to my calculations, The Last Crusade has about 105 minutes of music. Raiders has maybe 85. Does Temple of Doom fit in 110 minutes? It just might actually...

The question is, do the 3 complete scores fit in 4 cd's? If they are all filled with 75 minutes, we'll have 300 minutes, or 5 hours worth of music.

According to my calculations, The Last Crusade has about 105 minutes of music. Raiders has maybe 85. Does Temple of Doom fit in 110 minutes? It just might actually...

They didn't say anything about "COMPLETE EDITIONs", did they? There you have your answer.

In fact, they didn't even mention the word "EXPANDED," but I'd be more than happy with that at this point. :)

It's 4 cd's. They couldn't possibly not be expanded.

I hate to be the pessimist here but they most likely are just the regular OSTs slapped together with the new score.

Well, I'd like to keep my hopes up. It's quite possible the 3 complete scores of the first films fit in 4 cd's.

BUt you could be right, the box set might include the Indy 4 score. BUt that would be a pretty cheap shot, forcing us to rebuy it.

True it would be a cheap shot but it would not be the first time. But let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired the release of the complete Indy scores. :)

Well, I'd like to keep my hopes up. It's quite possible the 3 complete scores of the first films fit in 4 cd's.

BUt you could be right, the box set might include the Indy 4 score. BUt that would be a pretty cheap shot, forcing us to rebuy it.

I hate to be a pessimist too, but it's pretty obvious that that's exactly gonna be the case.

First of all, if it were expanded editions, they would have mentioned that. Also, how clumsy would that be, technically? All the selected unreleased cues from the previous movies on the 4th CD? I highly doubt that.

I hate to be a pessimist too, but it's pretty obvious that that's exactly gonna be the case.

First of all, if it were expanded editions, they would have mentioned that. Also, how clumsy would that be, technically? All the selected unreleased cues from the previous movies on the 4th CD? I highly doubt that.

Something similar was done with the Star Wars Anthology. But in the case of Indy, the complete scores might actually fit in just 4 cd's.

Something similar was done with the Star Wars Anthology. But in the case of Indy, the complete scores might actually fit in just 4 cd's.

Hmmm, I don't think so. EXPANDED scores, sure, but not COMPLETE scores. Even if they left out the Raiders March concert version on every CD, I don't think so. ToD and TLC has WAY more music than just 77 minutes!!!

I meant the complete scores for just the first 3 films.

Oh okay... hmmm, let's hope so!

But again, they would have mentioned SOMETHING in the press release if that were the case, I'm sure.

While I'm trying not to be too optimistic, and I confess that my first thought was that this would be the original scores, plus the new one...

This fall, Concord Music Group will also reissue the soundtracks to the original Indiana Jones trilogy, which have been out of print for nearly a decade, as part of a four-CD boxed set.

... they mentioned Trilogy!!!