Ever listen to RAIDERS MARCH backwards

motifone

Great forums - long time Williams fan.

Years ago, I played a recording of the RAIDERS MARCH backwards -- no, not looking for any hidden messages, just experimenting. At least in my opinion, it really has some cool moments and could have made for a cool reworking of the theme for Indy IV... mixed in with our old favorite rendition. Of course, it has that backwardy sound to it, but if you have the ability to do it, try playing it backwards.

I listened to the Finale track on the new Indy score and got pretty excited to hear Williams experimenting a bit, but it was far too shortlived and the end sounded out of key.

Anyhow, let me know if anyone else has a listen

Cheers!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on a Mac, and used a program called Audacity. I could spit out a version and share it, but not sure if that's cool to do. Both the RAIDERS theme and Marion's theme have some really cool alternative takes when reversed.

How do you play music backwards?

maybe I'll try it.

I have a cool button on my old c.d. player that slows down the music while changing the pitch without distorting it. Sometimes it was cool to hear a track slowed down a bit.

I used change speeds and play LP's backwards when I was little but my mom would get mad at me for messing with the stereo system.

Actually those lyrics would play well going forward to the Raider's march:

John is dead, yes he's dead

John is deaaad, yes he's dead dead dead....

Although you could use another name...

:(

Yes. I remember reading once that Raiders was partly Star Wars played backwards. But I guess when I play Raiders backwards, it doesn't translate back into Star Wars, but a new theme.

Maybe for Indy V. Haha.

I use audacity a lot. Raiders March I have done. Ive also done, Main Title- Star Wars(1977), The Imperial March, The Basket Game, Desert Chase and many others. audacity rocks. Ive recored soundtracks off of YouTube to audacity. Who else has done The Imperial March backwards? I suggest you do The Imperial March backwards if you havent.