WotW Reference in IJ4

Taikomochi

Because I'm at least putting forth the information that there is no intentional Raiders quote in Azkaban. If you want to hear it you can easily do so yourself.

There IS a raiders quote... in the scene where they have a lesson with the boggarts that transform into the greatest of your fear.... one kid is affraid aof snakes and you can hear the exact same Snake theme as you do in Raiders (Well of the Souls)!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it's fun speculating about the intentionality or motivation behind a particular quote. You sort of wonder whether this comes from the "how to score

aliens

" cul-de-sac in Williams's brain, or whether he's really as sly or mischievous as some of us are guessing here.

That's what I reckon. I doubt it's entirely coincidence and laziness at work.

No, there isn't. There's a horn figure that's coincidentally similar, that's all. I think it's in "The Portraits Gallery" or something.

Not only there was a raiders snake theme quote in the boggart scene of HP 3

also a AOTC quote in HP 2.. :P;)

It means KotCS is a prequel to WOTW.

And Mutt is Tom Cruise's dad..

And there are hieroglyphics of C-3PO and R2-D2 in the background in Raiders, clearly meaning Indy and SW are the same universe, also connected to E.T., who had members in the Galactic Senate in TPM!

So...

War of the Worlds/Indiana Jones/Star Wars/E.T. are all a part of the same continuum!

Not to mention that R2 appeared in Close Encounters too...

There are two possibilities: either Williams doesn't remember WOTW or he hopes no one else remembers WOTW.

Neil

The most likely possibility (to me, at least) is that he remembers the score and he made a deliberate not-too-subtle reference to Spielberg's only badass-aliens-kicking-our-asses movie.

:)

Unfortunately, when you watch the movie there is no straightforward reference to the extra-terrestrial when we hear WotW quote. The music could have been tracked, but it only serves to build a tension.

Unfortunately, when you watch the movie there is no straightforward reference to the extra-terrestrial when we hear WotW quote. The music could have been tracked, but it only serves to build a tension.

What about 'The Departure'? What does the climax of that - which features a WAR OF THE WORLD quotation - accompany?

What about 'The Departure'? What does the climax of that - which features a WAR OF THE WORLD quotation - accompany?

I didn't notice any quotation, but if there is the answer is

YES

And Threepio, Chewie and Vader in Poltergeist.

and greedo, hammerhead, lando carlrissian in ET

and the ancient egyptian hieroglyphs in the Well of souls showing R2 and C-3PO

YES

Thanks. See my post on the first page of this thread about that quotation.

YES

Thanks. See my post on the first page of this thread about that quotation.

Thx. Now I see, I misread your question. Sorry <_< If you want to know what is in the departure scene, I'll tell you. However, beware, it's a MAJOR SPOILER. The scene is about

the departure of the flying saucer.

Thanks. LOL. No spoiler there. To be honest, the cue title, the fact that Spielberg was directing, and the musical carryover from WAR OF THE WORLDS had already given that away for me. :D

Thanks. LOL. No spoiler there. To be honest, the cue title, the fact that Spielberg was directing, and the musical carryover from WAR OF THE WORLDS had already given that away for me. :sigh:

I don't know :lol: You might have lived in denial or something ;)

Plus, in the traditional mysticism climax of Skull, Ford

even gets to say "I got a bad feeling about this"

Yeah, that brought back some nice memories. :)