INDY 4 in Chronological Order + Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Complete Cue List and Analysis

D_A_R_T_H

Just now, Luke Skywalker said:

Is there an alternate ending to the jungle chase in the sheets? It could be heard a few seconds in the game staff of kings, but it is not in the sessions.

Nope

3 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

5M38 Andy's Full Nelson

5M38 [Insert] - Legs

5M39 Irina’s Great Blade

5M39 Insert #1

5M39 Insert #2

5M40 Mike Kahn Cooks

5M40R [untitled]

5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Is there an alternate ending to the jungle chase in the sheets? It could be heard a few seconds in the game staff of kings, but it is not in the sessions.

It was just an edit of the alternate 5m40 with the TOD dinner source bump ending edited in.

Has anyone been able to determine the speed or pitch difference in the sessions files as compared to the OST, or what processing is needed to match the OST?

Here's a back-and-forth comparison between the two sources and the difference is noticeable (not just volume difference; the sessions sound like they're in a different key or running fast):

57 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Has anyone been able to determine the speed or pitch difference in the sessions files as compared to the OST, or what processing is needed to match the OST?

Here's a back-and-forth comparison between the two sources and the difference is noticeable (not just volume difference; the sessions sound like they're in a different key or running fast):

That’s quite a substantial difference. I have a hunch whichever is incorrect is a 44.1khz file played back at 48khz, or vice versa. Sounds like the not-quite-a-half-step difference that would result.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

The slower one is the OST, the quieter & higher-pitched one (played first) is the sessions version.

This is odd: they’re a whole step off from each other. The sessions version is in G major, as written, but the OST version is down a step in F major.

Have you noticed pitch differences in other tracks, though? I did some quick comparisons of a few other cues and they seem to match exactly.

Likewise, compared a few other cues and didn't notice any major differences... just coincidental I chose this cue to compare.

For reference, the film version seems to match the OST instead of the sessions:

Very strange... perhaps recorded in G Major but JW asked them to pitch-shift down for the film (and he carried that across for the OST)? Might have something to do with matching the key of the preceding cue?

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Likewise, compared a few other cues and didn't notice any major differences... just coincidental I chose this cue to compare.

For reference, the film version seems to match the OST instead of the sessions:

Very strange... perhaps recorded in G Major but JW asked them to pitch-shift down for the film (and he carried that across for the OST)? Might have something to do with matching the key of the preceding cue?

Yeah, I noticed that a while ago, and that's my assumption as well. The recorded version is in G Major and the beginning is pitch-shifted down for both the OST to match the ending of the previous cue, which is in F Major. 

Notice that in the OST, there's a sudden key change at 1:52, and the rest of the cue is in the original G Major pitch. 

Doesn't Trip to Akator/Trip to Peru have two different versions? perhaps the original version ended on G Major, while the rewrite F?

3 minutes ago, The River (Fal) said:

Doesn't Trip to Akator/Trip to Peru have two different versions? perhaps the original version ended on G Major, while the rewrite F?

But this is not that cue. This is the source cue that follows it (Homage a Maxie)

2 minutes ago, oierem said:

But this is not that cue. This is the source cue that follows it (Homage a Maxie)

I was thinking they might have to segue or something.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:52 AM, The River (Fal) said:

Hmm, that sounds plausible, but 3M20 and 3M20 Rev both have the same F-major ending. Maybe they weren’t intended to overlap with the source cue originally?

• 1 year later...

Rewatched the movie yesterday and noticed the opening to the cue “Stepping Stones” is dropped. The first 7ish seconds isn’t used, but a short flourish is tracked from somewhere else. Has anyone else heard this or know where it’s taken from?

Edit: I found it, 0:56 of 'Ants!'.

• 8 months later...

Someone pointed out to me that there sounds like something added to Ants. In this video, when Spalko squishes the ant between her knees, the music sort of raises in conjunction with the squishing sound effect. Has anyone else seen this before? Or could this happen to be a sound effect? 3:16 in the video 

31 minutes ago, Brando said:

Someone pointed out to me that there sounds like something added to Ants. In this video, when Spalko squishes the ant between her knees, the music sort of raises in conjunction with the squishing sound effect. Has anyone else seen this before? Or could this happen to be a sound effect? 3:16 in the video 

Tracked from 0:56 of the same cue.

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Tracked from 0:56 of the same cue.

Ah, yeah the person who asked me answered about the same time as I did. I should've looked here first:lol::lol:

On 06/02/2022 at 7:09 PM, Brando said:

Edit: I found it, 0:56 of 'Ants!'.