Jump to content

INDY 4 in Chronological Order + Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Complete Cue List and Analysis


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, both endings are in the written score of 4M36. The film/sessions leak ending is first, and the athematic OST version follows, referred to as ‘Alt Ending’:  

Fascinating!

Legend, thanks @BrotherSound!   So just an alternate ending that wasn't in the session leak, but Williams fortunately used for the OST. Have you noticed any other alternates in the sheet mus

 

Just now, Luke Skywalker said:

Is there an alternate ending to the jungle chase in the sheets? It could be heard a few seconds in the game staff of kings, but it is not in the sessions.

 

Nope

 

3 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

5M38 Andy's Full Nelson

5M38 [Insert] - Legs

5M39 Irina’s Great Blade

5M39 Insert #1

5M39 Insert #2

5M40 Mike Kahn Cooks

5M40R [untitled]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Is there an alternate ending to the jungle chase in the sheets? It could be heard a few seconds in the game staff of kings, but it is not in the sessions.

It was just an edit of the alternate 5m40 with the TOD dinner source bump ending edited in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been able to determine the speed or pitch difference in the sessions files as compared to the OST, or what processing is needed to match the OST?

 

Here's a back-and-forth comparison between the two sources and the difference is noticeable (not just volume difference; the sessions sound like they're in a different key or running fast):

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Has anyone been able to determine the speed or pitch difference in the sessions files as compared to the OST, or what processing is needed to match the OST?

 

Here's a back-and-forth comparison between the two sources and the difference is noticeable (not just volume difference; the sessions sound like they're in a different key or running fast):

 

 
That’s quite a substantial difference. I have a hunch whichever is incorrect is a 44.1khz file played back at 48khz, or vice versa. Sounds like the not-quite-a-half-step difference that would result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crumbs said:

The slower one is the OST, the quieter & higher-pitched one (played first) is the sessions version.


This is odd: they’re a whole step off from each other. The sessions version is in G major, as written, but the OST version is down a step in F major.


Have you noticed pitch differences in other tracks, though? I did some quick comparisons of a few other cues and they seem to match exactly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Likewise, compared a few other cues and didn't notice any major differences... just coincidental I chose this cue to compare.

 

For reference, the film version seems to match the OST instead of the sessions:

 

Very strange... perhaps recorded in G Major but JW asked them to pitch-shift down for the film (and he carried that across for the OST)? Might have something to do with matching the key of the preceding cue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Likewise, compared a few other cues and didn't notice any major differences... just coincidental I chose this cue to compare.

 

For reference, the film version seems to match the OST instead of the sessions:

 

Very strange... perhaps recorded in G Major but JW asked them to pitch-shift down for the film (and he carried that across for the OST)? Might have something to do with matching the key of the preceding cue?

 

Yeah, I noticed that a while ago, and that's my assumption as well. The recorded version is in G Major and the beginning is pitch-shifted down for both the OST to match the ending of the previous cue, which is in F Major. 

Notice that in the OST, there's a sudden key change at 1:52, and the rest of the cue is in the original G Major pitch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The River (Fal) said:

Doesn't Trip to Akator/Trip to Peru have two different versions? perhaps the original version ended on G Major, while the rewrite F?

 

But this is not that cue. This is the source cue that follows it (Homage a Maxie)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oierem said:

 

But this is not that cue. This is the source cue that follows it (Homage a Maxie)

I was thinking they might have to segue or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 6:52 AM, The River (Fal) said:

Doesn't Trip to Akator/Trip to Peru have two different versions? perhaps the original version ended on G Major, while the rewrite F?


Hmm, that sounds plausible, but 3M20 and 3M20 Rev both have the same F-major ending. Maybe they weren’t intended to overlap with the source cue originally?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...