In which universe am I living?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is old news. Has been like this ever since the CD went out of print. It is available on iTunes for $16.99.

Don't ever question the stupidness of mankind. The Home Alone 3 soundtrack ranges between 1 cent and 100 dollars.

What's even worse is that plenty of John Williams scores go for higher. I don't understand the film score community. Why would someone pay $300 for a CD that's worth only $15? Who determines these set prices? Why is Earthquake, Jaws 2, and The Reivers being charged for over $70?

This is old news. Has been like this ever since the CD went out of print. It is available on iTunes for $16.99.

Don't ever question the stupidness of mankind. The Home Alone 3 soundtrack ranges between 1 cent and 100 dollars.

What's even worse is that plenty of John Williams scores go for higher. I don't understand the film score community. Why would someone pay $300 for a CD that's worth only $15? Who determines these set prices? Why is Earthquake, Jaws 2, and The Reivers being charged for over $70?

Speaking as a collector, I like to have an original album that I bought and paid for (or received as a guift) on my shelf. I'm not gonna go too crazy....but I'll spend more than the CD is worth to have it sitting on my shelf.

Old news indeed. Lately it seems a lot of "sellers" when ever a soundtrack goes OOP they think they can jack the rest of us and raise up the price double the amount and when it's not worth that much unless it's a set like ROTK complete recordings. Still though this has become stupid lately.

Edit: Actually if there is an OOP CD that I want I will gladly pay up to $200 for it, if I really want it badly enough. Just my only condition that it's either A: sealed or if not sealed then B: Very well taken care of.

The reason they list those prices is because there is someone out there who has or will pay that much for it.

The reason they list those prices is because there is someone out there who has or will pay that much for it.

That is a disturbing thought.

Wow...just incredible that someone would charge that much for Transformers. Even more incredible is that someone would pay it!!

To think, I bought mine at a used CD store in San Francisco for $7.99.

Jamesyboy

That is a disturbing thought.

In a way. It's also one of the basic principles of capitalism.

Certainly is - charge as much as people will pay for it, regardless of how much it is realistically worth.

Gotta be better things to spend $100 on than a CD when there are starving people on the planet...

I'm reminded of Andy Warhol's can of beans ...

But it's good to know that should I ever need some money badly, I could just rip off some poor bastards who think they know something about scores.

Just to think I could buy three of the ToD reissues by Concord and sell each one for a hundred bucks ...