Tracks too dangerous to play in the car

"Desert Chase" is one to be wary of. I'd probably be too tempted to hit the accelerator and ram some cars off the road. Pretty much all of Rambo: First Blood Part II and Total Recall - those are accidents waiting to happen. Any Bond score by David Arnold - waaaaay too overkill to be driving to. Alien might be just a bit too freaky for comfort while driving down a desolate country road at night. Gremlins 2: The New Batch might have you mistaking its bizarre sound effects for other drivers beeping their horns at you. And I'm not game enough to even consider listening to "Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye" while riding a bike without a helmet.

All the above are potentially hazardous. In fact, I don't even listen to the radio while driving, it's too distracting. Yet all my friends need a radio on in the car or for some reason, they reckon they "go nuts". Go figure.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A New Face" from Alien and the transition between "The Highway" and "The Crash" on the McNeely North by Northwest re-recording both contain sudden musical outbursts that could quite feasibly cause one to crash their car.

Off the top of my head, here are few that could be dangerous : (no particular order)

Bim Bam Smash - Bourne Supremacy (let's just say it fits the setting)

The Hunt - The Final Conflict Omen III (if you're feeling particularly evil that day)

Runaway Train - Omen II

Fallen Temple - Omen II

Bishops's Countdown - Aliens ("Get out of the way. I am Genghis Khan in a car :mellow: ")

Combat Drop and Ripley's Rescue - Aliens (I think you're getting the idea now....clang clang clang clang clang)

Slalom on Mt Humol - Temple of Doom ("We're not driving....we're crasssssshing!!")

Mine Car Chase - Temple of Doom

Stealing the Enterprise - Search for Spock

The White Tree - Return of the King

Arthur's Farewell - First Knight

The Hunt - The Final Conflict Omen III (if you're feeling particularly evil that day)

I was listening to the Main Title from that score while driving a while ago, when I was cut off by some idiot speeding through an intersection. Let's just say that the music has something to do with the fact that they probably won't do it again. ;)

I was listening to the Main Title from that score while driving a while ago, when I was cut off by some idiot speeding through an intersection. Let's just say that the music has something to do with the fact that they probably won't do it again. :lol:

Haha, I just played it to picture this incident. Great. "Doth thou cut me up? Ye shall drink bitter waters :rolleyes: "

I did listen to Alien while driving through some desert hills on a very foggy night after having been told about the real horror story of a student of mine.

I never wish to repeat the experience...

Recently, I've been hesitent to put 'Tangiers' from The Bourne Ultimatum on while driving. It is just too darn ass-kicking.

I actually have been jolted a few times listening to scores while driving. Don't listen to anything with a lot of unexpected turns at a high volume.

I did listen to Alien while driving through some desert hills on a very foggy night after having been told about the real horror story of a student of mine.

I never wish to repeat the experience...

You could have a lot of fun with listening to Alien and being with a girl in the backseat. Even better than Titanic.

Anything out of any of the James Bond scores.

Yes indeed. Especially e. g. Runaway from FYEO or Come in 007, Your Time is Up from TWINE. :lol: