Da Vinci Code vs. KotCS - Which movie do you like better?

MSM

Da Vinci Code vs. Crystal Skull  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie do you like better?

• Da Vinci Code (Ron Howard, 2006)
    • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Steven Spielberg, 2008)

I won't continue to compare every movie to KotCS but besides The Mummy this comparison I think is interesting. Both about quests, both with a similar leading character. However, one originating from historical facts, the other from camp and fantasy. I have a slight preference for Da Vinci because of the interesting historical stuff.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, who is gonna do Titanic vs. KotCS??? Anyone? :lol:

Seriously, in 20 years we will look back on this period of movie making this way.

Seriously, in 20 years we will look back on this period of movie making this way.

KotCS slightly less boring and more fun. But I found both films equally mediocre.

Well if it does... Titanic is going to get my vote, that's for sure. Sappy love story aside, it's a great film and an incredibly fascinating natural disaster. Cameron deserved his Oscar, as did Horner.

The Da Vinci Code is a terrible film based on an appalling book. KotCS rightly gets my vote this time. I don't think KotCS even warrants being compared to such an atrocity.

There is bad... then there is "bad". I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that it was directed by the same man that directed the excellent Apollo 13, and starred my favourite Actor Tom Hanks from that film, who was also painfully average (sometimes even poor) in The Da Vinci Code.

I'm sure many will be thinking the same about Spielberg, but at least he didn't make a turkey worthy of such criticism.

KotCS for sure. The Da Vinci Code was nice enough when I watched it, but I feel no need to watch it again. I definitly DO feel the need to watch KotCS again. :mrgreen:

this is no contest DaVinci Code is a piece of crap movie, based on a piece of crap book and nothing was improved.

I've got nothing against Da Vinci Code, I like it more than The Mummy, but KotCS wins for the third time.

you're hurting your credibility.

I've got nothing against Da Vinci Code, I like it more than The Mummy, but KotCS wins for the third time.

you're hurting your credibility.

My credibility's pretty much non-existent at this point, so that's fine with me. :mrgreen:

I only saw The DaVinci Code once, and don't remember it well, but my impression was that it was a thundering bore. Any movie in which I'm thinking, "okay, Tom Hanks kinda sucks here" just can't have anything good going for it.

It's a pity, because the idea is a provocative one that somebody ought to have been able to do a better job with.

Hopefully, Angels and Demons will turn out better.

So obviously, Crystal Skull wins this one, hands down.

who voted for DaVinci Code, stand up and show yourself.