Is Captain Typho a clone of Jango Fett?

Wojo

I hope that title didn't serve as a spoiler, but my dad pointed this out to me, and I honestly don't remember clearly enough.

In the scene on Kamino, where Obi-Wan is viewing the full-grown Jango clones eating dinner in their matching red tunics, the actor that portrays them looks more like the actor that played one-eyed Captain Typho, Senator Amidala's protector, than Jango Fett.

In fact, even though all the actors look similar, I remember the clone's skin being more reddish than Jango's, much more like Typho's.

Is this an important point, or is my dad wrong?

I hope that title didn't serve as a spoiler, but my dad pointed this out to me, and I honestly don't remember clearly enough.

In the scene on Kamino, where Obi-Wan is viewing the full-grown Jango clones eating dinner in their matching red tunics, the actor that portrays them looks more like the actor that played one-eyed Captain Typho, Senator Amidala's protector, than Jango Fett.

In fact, even though all the actors look similar, I remember the clone's skin being more reddish than Jango's, much more like Typho's.

Is this an important point, or is my dad wrong?

Um... Dude... Captain Typho was black and Jango was caucasian, possibly slightly hispanic looking. I didn't see the resemblence at all. You must have watched a bad print or something. LOL

Sorry, CCC, but I think you misunderstood my question.

I know that Typho and Jango don't look anything alike. Jango's white, and Typho looked more Polynesian than black to me.

What I'm saying is that the adult clones of Jango Fett eating dinner in the red suits don't look anything like Jango Fett.

They look like Captain Typho.

I didn't watch a bad print, and I don't have the money to go see the second worst Star Wars film umpteen times in a row.

Sorry, CCC, but I think you misunderstood my question.

I know that Typho and Jango don't look anything alike.  Jango's white, and Typho looked more Polynesian than black to me.

What I'm saying is that the adult clones of Jango Fett eating dinner in the red suits don't look anything like Jango Fett.

They look like Captain Typho.

I didn't watch a bad print, and I don't have the money to go see the second worst Star Wars film umpteen times in a row.

I only saw it once myself. But I didn't catch any resemblence.

They are probably both natives of New Zealand considering their New Zealand accent and the fact that it was filmed in Sydney :baaa: Which is close to New Zealand.

Temuera Morrison, who played Fett, is a native of New Zealand. Jay Laga'aia, Captian Typho, was born in Samoa, but I believe has lived in Australia for most of his life.

Neej- who finds it funny, in a sad way, when people complain about Morrison being a Latino stereotype

They are probably both natives of New Zealand considering their New Zealand accent and the fact that it was filmed in Sydney :music: Which is close to New Zealand.

I did notice a lot of New zealanders in the film, must have been easier and cheaper to use them, like it was easier to use Brits in the original trilogy.

Yes! I noticed that the first time I saw the movie, and it was on the first Friday it was out so it couldn't have been a bad print. I remeber wondering why all the clones looked like Typho when I knew going into the movie they were going to be Jango. This is a mystery...or some of us are just seeing things. :?

Jay Laga'aia also played some orc (I think, Lurtz) in FotR.

According to IMDb, he played Lurtz in a TV movie called "Quest for the Ring", and he plays Ugluk in The Two Towers.

I have deleted my review a I will see the movie again.I was re-thin king mark it and it may have been to harsh.

only fools don't change their minds.

K.M.

KM, Yoda traveled to Kamino with Republic spacecraft, grabbed all the clonetroopers that were ready, loaded them up, and brought them to Geonosis to help free Obi-Wan, Padme, and Anakin and to help all the other Jedi that were fighting the Separatist movement on the planet at the time. It was self-defense, the Separatists attacked the Republic first.

The Trade Federation robots missed the Jedi with their shots because they are Jedi! They are skilled in the ways of the force and deflecting blaster shots with their lightsabers. And if you looked, there was at least 4 or 5 Jedi that die in that battle (didn't you see Jango shoot one with his blaster at point blank range, or Obi-Wan checking the pulse of a fallen Jedi after Dooku stopped all the robots to ask them if they want to surrender?). In fact, Anakin even says "You're going to pay for all the Jedi that died today Dooku".

I had no problem understanding what was going on in the Coruscant Chase. Obi-Wan jumps out a window, holding onto the droid following its flight path back to Zam. Zam shoots the robot with a rifle, causing Obi-Wan to fall. Meanwhile, Anakin steals a flying car and positions himself under Obi-Wan to catch him when he falls. They chase Zam for a while until she goes into a tunnel, when they go around and wait for her at the other end of the tunnel. They get there to late, and Zam is already below them, so Anakin jumps down and lands on her car. He sticks his lightsaber into her cockpit, causing her to shoot her controls with her blaster, making the car crash. Anakin and Zam survive the crash, and Zam goes into a Cantina. Anakin is joined by Obi-Wan, who landed Anakin's stolen car on his own, and they follow her in.

What didn't you figure out about what was happening in that scene?

And I think we can all agree that yes, the Conveyor belt sequence is a mess of editing gone wrong, especially in the music. I'm sure the scene flowed better before they added c3p0's head/body switch to it.

The plot and acting are a matter of personal opinion of course, but I felt that Hayden, Ewan, and Portman all did really exceptional jobs. I thought all the acting was far better than the acting in TPM (although Typho, Corde, and Jamilla were all pretty bad).

-Jason

:music: The Lost World (complete)

KM was either tired or high when he saw that film. :music:

However, the final clones vs Droids battle does has way to much going on for people to fully grasp what they are seeing.

I think Lucas has an unrealistic idea of how quickly we can comprehend visual information.

Stefancos- who didn't notice any Jedi getting killed.

KM was either tired or high when he saw that film.

Wouldn't be suprised... :)

Stefancos- who didn't notice any Jedi getting killed.

You must have been high too...Jango gunned one down in the balcony thing with Dooko. :devil:

Justin - :music:

My sister also thought Typho was Jango Fett. Sometimes this happens. For instance, the last shot of the pre-credit sequence in From Russia With Love was re-shot because the person under the Bond mask looked like Sean Connery!!! The hot was re-done with an actor with a mustache.

Neil

I just saw it again (Digital!) and I realized the clones without armor did look different than Jango. Morrison was either made-up differently when he shot those parts, or it was a different actor. They're supposed to look younger than the original Jango. I don't think it was Typho, but understand people's confusion now.

I read Panaka does not appear in the movie because he didn't want to work for less money that in TPM

Did you notice that Adi Gallia is played also by a different person? At leats it fist a little (she is 10 years more old)

How's this person called... the blue skinned one with the horns on his head, "This is a crisis" etc. He was also played by a different actor in TPM. But, und that makeup it doesn't matter much :angry:

How's this person called... the blue skinned one with the horns on his head, "This is a crisis" etc. He was also played by a different actor in TPM. But, und that makeup it doesn't matter much  :angry:

mas addeba or something.

But adi gallia matters :P

Perhaps Captain Typho was a clone himself. They weren't Jango clones at the table in the red jumpsuits. Maybe what the Prime Minister was telling Obi-Wan was solely about the army for the Republic. For that army, they used Jango Fett. For other armies/clones, they used other models. Maybe that's why there are a bunch of Typhos eating together.

Director - who's pretty sure Typho is a clone

Perhaps Captain Typho was a clone himself.  They weren't Jango clones at the table in the red jumpsuits.  Maybe what the Prime Minister was telling Obi-Wan was solely about the army for the Republic.  For that army, they used Jango Fett.  For other armies/clones, they used other models.  Maybe that's why there are a bunch of Typhos eating together.  

Director - who's pretty sure Typho is a clone

Are you saying that the Naboo have secrectly made an army? In the movie they still are paciffic people (although it would have made sense making an army, after TPM)

The novelization (which of course is only cannon if Lucas decides it is when he needs to) says that Typho is Panaka's nephew or younger brother or something relative. It also says he lost his eye in the Battle of Naboo from TPM. That's why he has that stupid eye patch.

I read Panaka didn't do the film either due to cash. It probably comes down to this: Lucas fired Panaka so he could have a new character to create a new action figure to sell :)

I hadn't noticed that, either, but my wife and my another woman we went with both noticed that the clones at the table looked just like Typho. I didn't believe them at first.

Then I looked in the AOTC Visual Dictionary. It seems UNMISTAKABLY to be the same person who portrayed both Typho and the clones. There is a note on the clones' page that says that the genetic alteration causes some variation in the facial structure. There are clear pictures of Typho, Jango and the clones that were eating at the table. I believe that the clones were defnitely NOT played by the character who played Jango; they look way, way, way too much like Typho for it to be a coincidence.

This is the book I'm talking about:

http://usstore.dk.com/shop/shared/product....ISBN=0789485885

Thank you to all those posters who saw the same thing that I did, a whole bunch of kiddie Bobas at the learning consoles with weird things on their heads, and adult Typhos in red jumpsuits eating the finest cuisine that Kamino has to offer.

I realize that it's not likely that Naboo has ever been involved with cloning, hence my Title Subject was just to grab your attention and draw you in, not to suggest that Typho actually was a clone. I'm just interested to know why the actor was that of Typho and not Jango; anyone who argues otherwise is blind.

And Naboo, even though they're pacifist, has an army to defend against the Gungans, the other military power on the planet. At least, that's the reason the Trade Federation gives in the game Galactic Battleground.

To think, if I posted here as much as I played computer games....

Darth Wojo - Who sometimes wishes he could jump into stasis until May 2005, so all the anxiety and hype wouldn't be there.

Maybe all I have to do is get my car up to 88 m.p.h.. ....

I checked the visual dictionary again - there are slight, slight differences between the persons in the photos. The ears, nose and lips are just different enough that it's hard to tell if it really is the same person. The hair is pretty close. But one photo is a straight-on photo, and in the other, the person is leaning their head back, as if against the wall for a mug shot. I didn't notice any scars or other blemishes that might have helped identify them as the same. Tomorrow, I'll try to scan the pictures and put them up, along with the actual text.

Hah! Someone else saw it too! :)

I caught that the first time I watched it, and kept a close eye out the second time, just to be sure. The modified clones (Boba's the only "pure" one, so naturally the troops aren't gonna look like Jango) look almost exactly like Typho (whose name I did not know until today, thank you).

This led to some fascinating discussion with my companions, including the theory that Typho was planted by those wanting to get near Amidala/Padme (I wish they'd chose a name), and actually planted the bomb on the ship. (Nonsense, of course, since he knew that A/P was on the other fighter - and could have just blasted her out of space.)

If none of this was intentional, however, then I'd chalk this up as a case of lousy casting on Lucas's part. He should have put someone more physically distinctive in one part or the other (call it a "Typhographical" error....bwah, hah....).

- Uni

"Kept the peace for a thousand generations we have....and the thanks we get this is."

- Yoda, from an undisclosed early draft of Attack of the Clones

- Uni

• 18 years later...

I saw it from the first run. Now that we have 4k digital versions, we can be sure that the actor in those s enes is the same who was Cpt. Typho.

I still can't understand why they used an actor who plays another role in the same movie since it is obvious it was digitally multiplied in that scene...

Lol! They look alike but they are not the same actor! Look at IMDb, dude. Captain Typho is Jay Laga'aia and the clone troopers are played by Bodie Taylor. And yes, both are from New Zealand like Temuera Morrison who plays Jango Fett.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

I saw it from the first run. Now that we have 4k digital versions, we can be sure that the actor in those s enes is the same who was Cpt. Typho.

I still can't understand why they used an actor who plays another role in the same movie since it is obvious it was digitally multiplied in that scene...

What are you talking about? Tamuera Morrison plays Jango and the clones, Jay Laga'aia plays Captain Typho. They are completely different (and very well regarded) actors.

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

What are you talking about? Tamuera Morrison plays Jango and the clones, Jay Laga'aia plays Captain Typho. They are completely different (and very well regarded) actors.

Temuera Morrison only plays Jango Fett and the voices of the clones. Bodie Taylor plays the unmasked clones as well as the mocap for the CGI clones. He also plays several of the unmasked clones and mocap clones in ROTS.

9 hours ago, Angel said:

Or you could have just looked at the credits. No, the actor who plays Captain Typho is NOT the same as the actor who plays the unmasked clones on Kamino. Jay Laga'aia plays Captain Typho, and Bodie Taylor plays the unmasked clones. I can see how you'd be confused though, as both actors do look rather similar, and they are both of New Zealand descent.

Untitled-1.jpg

On 5/26/2002 at 8:54 PM, Jay said:

but I felt that Hayden, Ewan, and Portman all did really exceptional jobs

Do you still feel this way today @Jay? :)

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

The gap in time from this thread's start to now is almost as long as the gap between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull.

Are you saying 2020 is about to get worse?

6 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Are you saying 2020 is about to get worse?

Oh it can't get any worse.

:lurk:

11 hours ago, RuBen_Kenobi said:

Lol! They look alike but they are not the same actor! Look at IMDb, dude. Captain Typho is Jay Laga'aia and the clone troopers are played by Bodie Taylor. And yes, both are from New Zealand like Temuera Morrison who plays Jango Fett.

Wouldn't it make more sense if Jango Fett and the clone troopers were played by the same actor?