Sky Captain vs. KotCS - which is better?

ChrisAfonso

Which do you find better?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Choose...

• Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well, notwithstanding that I think all these "which is the better film" and "what do youlike more?" polls are a little early to have significant meaning before the new film has a chance to settle in a bit, here's another one... As Sky Captain is basically a science fiction take on Indiana Jones, I find this a valid comparison :(

I choose Sky Captain. Although I really like KotCS despite its flaws, Sky Captain is just prime entertainment with a great story, good twists, satisfying climax and funny humor.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even remember Sky Captain, its not better, thats for sure. I do remember nearly going to sleep in it.

I was so disappointed with Sky Captain. I loved the comic book look the film had but the film was too short and the ending was dumb and worthless.

I think the film needed stronger leading actors as well.

Basically it was AOTC but 40 minutes shorter.

I choose Sky Captain. Although I really like KotCS despite its flaws, Sky Captain is just prime entertainment with a great story, good twists, satisfying climax and funny humor.

You frigging gotta be kidding. :(

You frigging gotta be kidding. ;)

Actually it should be: "you gotta be frigging kidding."

I voted for Sky Captain. Seeing creaky Harrison Ford in leather at 65 years of age doesn't do it for me anymore. And Sky Captain had a better score.

Sky Captain was at least more consistent in its look. KotCS changes from obvious location to set to green screen and back again. I remember being pretty bored through Sky Captain, I can't decide which one is worse.

Oh, come on!

"Sky Captain" is such a terribly under-developed film! The art direction was quite good, but the film had few redeeming points beyond that.

And the score?

Ugh... Amateurism! One quasi-catchy psuedo-Williams theme ( but not very cleverly constructed, nor very well handled structurally in the score), tons of bland underscore and sub-par orchestrations...

KOTCS!