Indiana Jones Soundtrack Reissues Announcement

Speats

Good job, guys. Hopefully you haven't annoyed Concord too severely.

I don't think it's a matter of annoying them. There's a chance they could listen and at least expand ToD or something to sell more sets to the likes of us.

I dunno,if I worked at Concord and had the job of releasing this I'd do some market research and see what fans want ,maybe look around the internet on message boards such as this one.

I'd buy it if only ToD is expanded.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end it's their call on how to release the music or what Lucasfilm wants released. We can either accept it or not, can't hate them for it or think every thing's a conspiracy like someone here...

Emailing the lady in the publicity department probably wasn't a good idea, no. That's why I used the general address I found in the "Contact" section of their website.

...should I reply and ask, even though she has no control, if she knows about the discs contents.

NO!!!!

You've embarrassed yourself enough now. Your letter was unprofessional and it was not courteous at all. You could almost sense the anger in her response. Good going!

My suggestion at this point would be for everyone to let it go.

Neil

I wonder whether Concord has ANY control of what goes on the CDs.

Maybe that's all Georgie's decision...

As for that poor woman, she was probably a stressed out office worker who's mainly in charge of coffee-ands.

As for that poor woman, she was probably a stressed out office worker who's mainly in charge of coffee-ands.

This entire thread is entirely disrespectful at this point.

I hope this eventual box set is just the original albums. My DCC CD will go up in value and everyone who whined and complained will get just what they deserve.

Neil

I hope this eventual box set is just the original albums. My DCC CD will go up in value and everyone who whined and complained will get just what they deserve.

Neil

You never get a joke, do you?

I also have the DCC, but hope you are NOT right!

Neil

Yes, I'm humor challenged. Just ask anyone.

The e-mails and comments I've read in this thread make me ashamed of my association with this board. It's a horrible way to act.

Neil

Well, I wasn't particularly happy about the emails some deemed fit to send Concord either, but I'm thinking those emails won't change anything one way or another. Any company that announces something (whether CDs, DVDs, books, or even toys) get emails from fans. If an Indiana Jones petition can't change anything, why would some petty emails do the trick?

I'm in agreement with Neil on this one.

Josh, you're right. Petty emails won't do the trick.

However - respectable, friendly, and mature emails just might. You never know.

Anyone who sent emails similar to what's been shown in this thread should be congratulated - you not only embarrassed yourself, but probably have given these people a poor indication of what we (the fans) are like. :D

Try as I might, I just CANNOT see an executive at Concord getting dozens (or hundreds) of respectful or disrespectful emails and then saying to himself or herself, "Hmmmm, these fans really mean business. Maybe we should give in and put those unreleased cues on the albums. Hell, we might even sell a hundred copies more!"

:D

Seriously, I would imagine that the box content was already decided many months ago when Concord began this project.

Seriously, I would imagine that the box content was already decided many months ago when Concord began this project.

I'm sure LucasFilm told them exactly what to release.

Nah you're not humor challenged but you definitely were being serious in your previous post I could see it.

The e-mails and comments I've read in this thread make me ashamed of my association with this board. It's a horrible way to act.

Neil

I got to say Neil, I completely agree with you. Most of you who are writing Concord letters like this are embarrassing not only yourselves but the rest of the forum and jwfan's alike.

Anyways,the contents of the box set is dictated by only one thing in the end .Lucasfilm's profit margin.

So let me see ,since were likely getting a straight re-issue box set done in the cheapest way possible after 20+ year of waiting for expanded Indy scores,we can't vent a little and should be ashamed of ourselves?

In the end it doesn't really matter. If you don't like what the contents of the box set are KM, just don't buy it. Your whole upset demeanor and conspiracy stuff is really well...annoying.

Neil

Neil

I agree with what you said, really.

But i find ironical that you, with your 'Crusade' against the DVD editions of Star Wars, deliberate creative decisions, anamorphism and all, and Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD tinkering, even though you may have sent very polite emails, you spat bile here in the forums. You whined a lot, and i think nobody said to you that 'you got what you deserved'

In fact in the end, you didnt got what you deserved since Star Wars (1977) got released for the very first time on home video.

But i find ironical that you, with your 'Crusade' against the DVD editions of Star Wars, deliberate creative decisions, anamorphism and all, and Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD tinkering, even though you may have sent very polite emails, you spat bile here in the forums. You whined a lot, and i think nobody said to you that 'you got what you deserved'

In fact in the end, you didnt got what you deserved since Star Wars (1997) got released for the very first time on home video.

exactly

And were just reacting to Ricard's news on the main page that the set will likely not contain previously unreleased music ,which makes it almost certain. I had lots of hope before that .As I said,the only ones not complaining are the ones who don't have an official ToD OST copy.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Concord and their response.

Regarding the upcoming release of the Indiana Jones soundtracks, I would like to hope that these releases will contain more music than the original soundtracks. As a longtime purchaser of soundtracks, and a John Williams fan since the age of 5, I am now 47, I have virtually all John Williams' releases already. I have all the legitimate releases of the Indiana Jones films, including your recent release of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Unless there is new music in this new release there is no reason for me to repurchase what I already have. I think this is true of most film music fans. However there is a large number of people who will accept any legitimate release of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, because they do not have this on cd. It goes without saying that it is the Holy Grail among film soundtracks awaiting an expanded release. Still its a good decision to rerelease these scores even if there isn't additional music, because it is better to have these available in some form than not at all. Thanks for your time, and thanks for the first John Williams score in three years.

the response.

Dear Mr. *****, Thank you for your correspondence. At this time Concord cannot release the details of the upcoming release of the Indiana Jones boxset. Thank you for purchasing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We hope you will continue to purchase Concord products. Sincerely...blah blah blah.

so in the end I learned nothing with kindness.

In the end this set is geared towards people who don't have the original scores (like myself) or the newer generation. While they do have to double dip for KOTCS but hey guess it's a small price to pay. I for one will be buying the set when it's released. I can see why some people are upset about it but at the same time it's a bit useless to write to the company since they obviously don't care what we say.

its never useless to inquire Vosk, because sometimes you do learn something. You can't be told yes unless you ask.

Neil

Neil

I agree with what you said, really.

In fact in the end, you didnt got what you deserved since Star Wars (1997) got released for the very first time on home video.

even though you may have sent very polite emails

There you have it, Manuel.

its never useless to inquire Vosk, because sometimes you do learn something. You can't be told yes unless you ask.

And who knows? An optimistic person could interpret the response to Joe as something positive.

well Mark, I took it as a simple response out of courtesy, nothing else. At least when I was corresponding with the Boston newspapers I got better answers.

well Mark, I took it as a simple response out of courtesy, nothing else. At least when I was corresponding with the Boston newspapers I got better answers.

Oh I know Joe, just trying to keep a little positive spin around here.

More than likely there could still be some legal issues that need to be tied up like marketing, liner notes and distribution. Perhaps the manufacturing is not done yet. Perhaps the set won't be available until the end of the year around Christmas.

I've been thinking it probably won't come out until Christmas time, or maybe when the Indiana Jones 4 is released on DVD which should be around then.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Concord and their response.

Regarding the upcoming release of the Indiana Jones soundtracks, I would like to hope that these releases will contain more music than the original soundtracks. As a longtime purchaser of soundtracks, and a John Williams fan since the age of 5, I am now 47, I have virtually all John Williams' releases already. I have all the legitimate releases of the Indiana Jones films, including your recent release of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Unless there is new music in this new release there is no reason for me to repurchase what I already have. I think this is true of most film music fans. However there is a large number of people who will accept any legitimate release of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, because they do not have this on cd. It goes without saying that it is the Holy Grail among film soundtracks awaiting an expanded release. Still its a good decision to rerelease these scores even if there isn't additional music, because it is better to have these available in some form than not at all. Thanks for your time, and thanks for the first John Williams score in three years.

the response.

Dear Mr. *****, Thank you for your correspondence. At this time Concord cannot release the details of the upcoming release of the Indiana Jones boxset. Thank you for purchasing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We hope you will continue to purchase Concord products. Sincerely...blah blah blah.

Did you really get that, Joe? :blink:

Sounds to me like you pulled it out of your . . . head!

Josh, I don't really care what you think bub, I've a history of contacting sites, most of the intelligent and or longterm people know that. If I was going to make **** up, it would have been something to fool your stupid ***.

Neil

Um, the only rude e-mail was KM's, and he never considered actually sending it. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

In the end it doesn't really matter. If you don't like what the contents of the box set are KM, just don't buy it. Your whole upset demeanor and conspiracy stuff is really well...annoying.

Yes, because KM actually thought there was conspiracy against JW fans. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with polite inquiring and requesting, and that's as far as anyone on this board has gone. This set is being made for the fans, so I think that the fans are perfectly entitled to see if this is a product they want. Sheesh, some of you people need to calm down.

Neil

Um, the only rude e-mail was KM's, and he never considered actually sending it. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

He didn't consider sending it? Uh... why did he type it up in the first place? The last thing he said on the matter was that he was going to send the original, caustic e-mail. Besides KM, Taikomochi sent a pretty thoughtless e-mail and got a response asking to be left alone.

k.M.Who was never going to send his first draft (even if it's the truth) ,and was just venting out loud on the MB.

As for Taikomochi's email, it doesn't sound very "thoughtless" to me:

Dear Concord Records,

I would like to say I am glad about the Indy soundtrack reissues. I would like to say that, but I can't truly be satisfied unless the CDs, The Temple of Doom in particular, include previously unreleased material. I strongly recommend that you make this a reality so that the CDs not only market to the casual audience but all of us soundtrack junkies who have already purchased the original soundtracks and would like something new.

Much Obliged,

Gabe Deitz

He recomends that new music be released, and points out that more fans (like us) will buy the set if it includes new music.

He was just pointing a reason why they should be released with new music.

He recomends that new music be released, and points out that more fans (like us) will buy the set if it includes new music.

He was just pointing a reason why they should be released with new music.

People seriously think that they don't KNOW that already?

They did insult you! unless the ***** was meant to erase your name or surname :D

He didn't consider sending it? Uh... why did he type it up in the first place?

It was basically a MB post only . I wouldn't have sent that .I still keep editing it to make me sound even more angry and resentful (well,I am ,but....)

Lets see,now we have to watch what we say HERE ? Who knows who might be reading this place you say?