New Varese CD Club start shipping June 30th

Morlock

http://www.varesesarabande.com/News.asp

No real point in speculating, just a heads up.

AND THE TITLES ARE:

1076-VC-L-06-08-1076.jpg

Elmer Bernstein

Gangs of New York

The Journey of Natty Gann

The Scarlet Letter

4-CD set of unused scores

2500 copies

$59.98

1077-VC-L-06-08-1077.jpg

Basil Poledouris

Iron Eagle

3000 copies

$19.98

1078-VC-L-06-08-1078.jpg

Franz Waxman

My Cousin Rachel

1500 copies

$19.98

1079-VC-L-06-08-1079.jpg

Henry Mancini

The Man Who Loved Women

2000 copies

$19.98

1080-VC-L-06-08-1080.jpg

Jonathan Scheffer

In a Shallow Grave

1000 copies

Sold out!

CDs will begin shipping the week of June 30.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably something by Elmer Bernstein, Alex North, Bill Conti and some old LP that was previously issued.

I'm sure there will be a few that interest me.

I did notice it says "biggest ever". So maybe since this is a 30th anniversary year we are in for something special.

"Due to upcoming summer travels, the CD Club will break with tradition and will be launching our next, (and biggest ever!), batch of new CD Club releases on Wednesday, June 11 – at midnight of course."

Could be quantity, not quality.

And here's hoping that they are titles I recognize (and, perhaps, have even seen).

I'm looking forward to Hugo Friedhoffer's score to "The Sheeps farewell to the Mountain"

Wasn't Spartacus already released? I'm pretty sure I have it.

The official album is only 45 minutes or so.

There is a bootleg but I believe a legit complete version could run 2 or 3 discs.

Every JW sore will get released eventually. We were lucky enough to get Monsignor, Images, and The Accidental Tourist recently. Just goes to show that in due time everything will be out there.

Also, there isn't that much left to release (or re-release). I would personally love a Black Sunday release. Family Plot would be great too, but those are the 2 big ones. Also, a re-release of The Towering Inferno.

Ahh, missed that one.

We still need The Sugarland Express released.

no we need a complete AOTC more, or complete ROTS first, where are your priorities. ;)

The usual suspects it seems: Bill Conti, Elmer Bernstein, Alex North. We haven't seen a James Horner club cd for a while. More Bernard Herrmann please and easy on the chocolate sauce there please.

With re-remastered sound and on discs 3 & 4, a 2 and half hour uncut audio interview with Jerry Goldsmith swearing blue fu*king murder about Ridley Scott. Sure to become an instant cult classic.

Every JW sore will get released eventually. We were lucky enough to get Monsignor, Images, and The Accidental Tourist recently. Just goes to show that in due time everything will be out there.

Also, there isn't that much left to release (or re-release). I would personally love a Black Sunday release. Family Plot would be great too, but those are the 2 big ones. Also, a re-release of The Towering Inferno.

Jaws 2, Dracula, Earthquake, The River and The Eiger Sanction could all use re-issues.

I'm sort of hoping they're not scores I want. If they are guess I'll be emailing Peter (MovieMusic) and place an order through him.

Jaws 2, Dracula, Earthquake, The River and The Eiger Sanction could all use re-issues.

They could, but those would be last on my wish list for a re-release. I would rather have unreleased music officially released first.

They could, but those would be last on my wish list for a re-release. I would rather have unreleased music officially released first.

I'd like legal versions of Jaws 2 and Dracula myself. I actually have The River, but it shouldn't be OOP.

"Due to upcoming summer travels, the CD Club will break with tradition and will be launching our next, (and biggest ever!), batch of new CD Club releases on Wednesday, June 11 – at midnight of course."

Where is Varese Sarabande situated, in California? If it's midnight there, then what time is it in Slovenia? ;):lol:

God bless those time zones.

Holland might win Euro 2008 and then we're all doomed.

Might? You faithless dog! I'll set my flail on you!

Then it's lucky I have Kora to protect me from any nasty beasties :)

Should be around noon, more or less.

Thanks, but 12 hours' difference seems a little bit too much, we're not entirely on the other side of the globe, so to speak ... :down: I checked it out and found that the difference is +8/+9 hours (California seems to be in two timezones), so I'll have to check out those releases first thing tomorrow morning. :D

Don't forget, tonite at 12:00am Pacific time, USA.

Although I doubt there will be any Williams so most of you can skip them.

I doubt there will be any scores by ANY great composer. It'll probably be something like Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead: The Complete Deluxe Edition. :D

Oh Varese always has something good if you think outside John Williams.

I've bought at least 2 scores from every club release.

I doubt there will be any scores by ANY great composer. It'll probably be something like Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead: The Complete Deluxe Edition. :down:

:D

I just hope its something fairly recent or something that I'm familiar with.

Unless it's FAMILY PLOT (limited to 500 copies) and sold out before Kora even wakes up.