Top-three unreleased cues/tracks from ToD and TLC

Josh500

Which are they?

I figure many of you own the bootleg releases of both movies (which I don't have) . . . so what are the top 3 unreleased tracks/cues of each movie, IYO?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. ToD:

Trek to Pankot Palace

Steaing the Stones

The Cliff Confrontation

The Portuguese Coast

To the Castle

Papa Jones is Healed

I would be really satisfied if ToD would be expanded only with these cues... well not totally happy of course, but I wouldn't be annoyed

Now with LC thats a different thing.. I really WANT every note

Temple of Doom

Indy Poisoned by Chinamen

Jumping Out of the Plane and Falling Off a Cliff Into a River

Indy Cuts the Bridge and Mola Ram Grabs Indy's Chest

Last Crusade

Indy's Very First Adventure, Part II

The Portuguese Coast

Indy Heals His Dad

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I have no idea why this one is always brougth up

Deal for the Diamond

Underground Chaos (the best of all unreleased cues)

Stealing the Stones

Portuguese Coast

Circus Train 2

Papa Jones is Healed

RAIDERS*:

Government Agents

Bad Dates

Through The Wall

TEMPLE OF DOOM:

The Legend Of Sankara/Trek To Pankot Palace

Stealing The Stones

Water!/Cliff Confrontation/You Betrayed Shiva!/The Troops Arrive/Finale (Film Version)**

LAST CRUSADE

The Portugese Coast

"The Floor's On Fire!"

The Zeppelin

* For RAIDERS, there only ARE three unreleased cues, not counting the "Idol's Temple" insert and the LP-released 2nd half of "Well Of The Souls"...

** I know, I know, this is undoubtedly several cues -- but hey, it all plays together in the film! :blink:

I'm starting to think that Concord will NOT just rerelease the OS, but expand the albums for ToD and TLC.

Why? Because it would be SO stupid and awkward if they had a 4 CD collection which looked like this:

RotLA 41 minutes -- 9 tracks

ToD 40 minutes -- 11 tracks

TLC 58 minutes -- 13 tracks

KotCS 77 minutes -- 19 tracks

I mean how uneven can a 4 CD collection be? Sure, they might decide to include the DCC edition of Raiders, in which case the 4 CD collection would look like this . . . not much better IMO.

RotLA 73 minutes -- 19 tracks

But then again, they might do just that! ;)

RAIDERS*:

Government Agents

Bad Dates

Through The Wall

TEMPLE OF DOOM:

The Legend Of Sankara/Trek To Pankot Palace

Stealing The Stones

Water!/Cliff Confrontation/You Betrayed Shiva!/The Troops Arrive/Finale (Film Version)**

LAST CRUSADE

The Portugese Coast

"The Floor's On Fire!"

The Zeppelin

* For RAIDERS, there only ARE three unreleased cues, not counting the "Idol's Temple" insert and the LP-released 2nd half of "Well Of The Souls"...

** I know, I know, this is undoubtedly several cues -- but hey, it all plays together in the film! ;)

I'd say you pretty much nailed it on this one. A couple things, though: Raiders does have one other unreleased cue from the film, which is "The Poisoning."

And on Last Crusade it's a bit harder to pick for me--it would be great to have "The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword."

I'm starting to think that Concord will NOT just rerelease the OS, but expand the albums for ToD and TLC.

Why? Because it would be SO stupid and awkward if they had a 4 CD collection which looked like this:

RotLA 41 minutes -- 9 tracks

I mean how uneven can a 4 CD collection be? Sure, they might decide to include the DCC edition of Raiders, in which case the 4 CD collection would look like this . . . not much better IMO.

RotLA 73 minutes -- 19 tracks

But then again, they might do just that! ;)

I don't think they (Concord) are gonna care if it's uneven. Besides that's the quickest and cheapest way to put it together.

TOD:

Nightclub Sequence/Airplane over the Himalayas to include music all the way up to Slalom on Mt. Humol.

Journey To Pankot Palace

Entire Underground sequence to the finale.

LC:

Indy's 1st Adventure part II to include Portugal Coast, since it's almost one continous sequence.

Zepplin sequence

Pen Is Mightier than the Sword - because it's a good cue.

There's also "The Mummy Cave" (which includes scoring for a deleted scene, if I'm right)

However, I agree with your choices! ;)

Maurizio

--

I have a perfectly good recording of LC, the 2 disc Kira Nyres edition, it has all the music.

For TOD,

The New fun ree track

the chinaman begs Indy's forgiveness for killing him track

The Willie gets the willies track and of course the

Shorty smiles at Indy at the top of the ladder track complete with the return of the shankara stone and finale.

who knows what the actual tracks are called.

I have no idea what you just said

why not?

my track titles are just as valid as anyone elses.

I'm listening to the Expanded TLC for the first time, and I gotta say I LOVE it!!!

Some of my favorites:

1. The Portuguese Coast: Before I listened to this, I never realized that there was a separate theme for the Cross of Coronado and the robbers! Also, the B section of the Raiders March rocks here! A must-have!

2. To Castle Brunwald: This map sequence music is indeed gorgeous. Evokes images of the alps in a more romantic era (also slightly dangerous).

3. The Joneses Tied Up: How does JW do this? Every so often he comes up with subtle music that so perfectly captures a scene/character, it's like magic (another example would be "The Arrival of David" from A.I.). I'm talking about the scene where Elsa kisses Indy while he and his dad up both tied up. The music there is at the same time romantic and sweet and mischievous and funny and heart-tugging and somehow "inevitable." WOW! Also, at 0:58, this is SO Papa Jones I actually laughed out loud!

4. The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword: The beginning of Belly of the Steel Beast. Contains some ass-kicking action music à la Desert Chase and The Jungle Chase. One of the very best. It's ironic that both this and the beginning of The Jungle Chase are missing from the OS.

5. The Power of the Grail: One of the most beautiful statements of the "Holy Grail Theme" and "Papa Jones Theme."

6. Package from Dad: A wonderfully light-hearted example of the B section of Raiders March. When listening to this, I picture a sunny carefree afternoon on a university campus . . .

HMs: Dunn & Duffy Circus Train, Iskenderun, Escape in the Truck (was this even in the movie?)

This
Water and Cliff Confrontation

versus this

The New fun ree track

you don't notice the chinese restaurant called new fun ree in the background on the unreleased portion of the Shanghai chase?

Escape in the Truck (was this even in the movie?)

Only the final portion (Nazi march). And incidentally, I've never heard this cue, as it's missing from the bootleg of TLC I acquired a while ago. :P

It's a fun little track. It starts off with the Nazi theme, and then the material between that and the statement of the theme as used in film is actually very close to the middle section of "Keeping Up With the Joneses."

This

versus this

The New fun ree track

you don't notice the chinese restaurant called new fun ree in the background on the unreleased portion of the Shanghai chase?

No. And when does a Chinese person beg Indy's forgiveness for killing him...? Huh?

It's a fun little track. It starts off with the Nazi theme, and then the material between that and the statement of the theme as used in film is actually very close to the middle section of "Keeping Up With the Joneses."
This

versus this

The New fun ree track

No. And when does a Chinese person beg Indy's forgiveness for killing him...? Huh?

when he's about to jump from the plane and he turns and bows at Indy.

I know you kids are young but hell does anyone have any kind of attention span to notice little things in the movie.

:P

He doesn't bow, he gives a little salute. If you're talking about the guy muttering stuff as he passes, he's actually scared. I don't recall if it was shot or not, but there was a little bit (maybe it was in the novelization where Indy seems to be sleeping, and an egg falls from a crate or something and he catches it. It freaked the guy out. So don't give me any of that crap about short attention spans. ;)