Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - Deluxe Edition

MattyO

Nope. It's a choice between a complete Home Alone 2 and a Complete Edition of some other John Williams score when it comes to making these albums. And Home Alone 2 was not the most inspired choice, you have to admit that.

You obviously didn't understand what Marc was saying. HA2 was available. They could pick it up for release, or they could leave it. They released it. Good for us.

No, you obviously don't get anything. They decided to release the complete HA2 when they could have decided to release something else.

They can't just choose to release any Williams score they want. Like Marian said, they could have just left the OST alone, but instead they decided to give the score a proper release because they could. It's not like, oh instead of a complete score for Harry Potter, let's do Home Alone 2.

Like what, for example?

That doesn't matter!

It does if you want us to take your argument seriously.

Just any JW score you like and which hasn't gotten a Complete Edition treatment yet...

So why don't you go along and release a complete AOTC? Everyone can do it, right?

I already did. I just don't feel like sharing it with you!

The ignorance and stupidity among some film score fans when it comes to the reasons as to what can and cannot be released still baffles me to this day.

Like what, for example?

That doesn't matter!

It does if you want us to take your argument seriously.

Just any JW score you like and which hasn't gotten a Complete Edition treatment yet...

You have ignored all legal and financial factors.

I agree with Marc. They had an optino to release HA2 in complete form, and they took it. It's not like a guy comes by Varese once in a while and says "Pick a JW score, any JW score."

The same person does not own the rights to every single JW score.

My only complaint is that "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," arguably the most memorable song from the film, wasn't included.

You're absolutely right, they should include this, I'm missing it every time I listen to the CD. :D

No, you obviously don't get anything. They decided to release the complete HA2 when they could have decided to release something else.

Dude, seriously.

I agree with Marc. They had an optino to release HA2 in complete form, and they took it. It's not like a guy comes by Varese once in a while and says "Pick a JW score, any JW score."

Exactly. They were given the opprutunity to release this score and they took it. Had they not, there would have been NO Williams score to replace it in their release lineup.

Some people are so stupid, it still baffles me they can even log on.

Of course they had the option to release HA2 and they took it. We got it, didn't we?

All I'm saying is, it would have been better if Varese had gotten the option to release another JW score, one that wasn't a sequel. :D

The ignorance and stupidity among some film score fans when it comes to the reasons as to what can and cannot be released still baffles me to this day.

I wouldn't doubt it. You're easily baffled.

I vote this for most ironic statement of the week.

That's all you got to say? Why am I not surprised?

Esecially how you're able to function on a daily basis.

You do it, don't you? How hard can it be?

One point that is worth mentioning is that the original Home Alone 2 cd is pretty scarce, so it's another plus for the deluxe edition.

One point that is worth mentioning is that the original Home Alone 2 cd is pretty scarce, so it's another plus for the deluxe edition.

Do you have it?

As far as presentation goes, I don't think that's bad.

You can have mine for a reasonable price. :D

Now that the HA2 is available, I don't think no one's interested in the original HA2 album anymore (except maybe for collectors). Especially because it's running at the wrong speed...

I vote this for most ironic statement of the week.

That's all you got to say? Why am I not surprised?

Alright then, I'll humour you:

All I'm saying is, it would have been better if Varese had gotten the option to release another JW score, one that wasn't a sequel. :D

But they didn't have that option. Instead we got a bunch of previously unreleased music from Home Alone 2 on a nice double-disc set with some good liner notes.

This is a negative how exactly?

But they didn't have that option. Instead we got a bunch of previously unreleased music from Home Alone 2 on a nice double-disc set with some good liner notes.

This is a negative how exactly?

I understand what you're saying, but that kind of thinking is rather stupid. Sorry to say that, but if you think so about HA2, you can think so about ANYTHING that's crap.

Like, "I'm happy we got the movie KotCS the way it is, because it would have been that or no movie." OR

"I'm happy we got the TPM Ultimate Edition the way it is, because it would have been that or nothing."

Get what I'm saying?

It would have been better if those who HAVE the power had made the effort to give Varese a better option than HA2.

Well, now we're getting somewhere.

I'm just taking into account the fact that companies like Varèse don't have a long list of Williams scores they can pick at will to release. Fox just happened to be willing to give up the masters so that Home Alone 2 could get an expanded release. Varèse was kind enough to release it and we got an excellent package: a 2-disc complete John Williams score, presented in chronological order and with detailed liner notes, all compiled by the folks who brought us those lovely Star Wars Trilogy special editions. It follows the exact blueprint for a great complete score release. To complain about a release like this seems petty to me and somehow disrespectful of the hard work put in by people who are as much film score fans, if not more, than we are.

As for the TPM UE argument, I know many people will actually agree with that statement, having thankfully used the UE to compile their own expanded soundtrack. Personally, I think that's utter hogwash. Had they released the thing properly in the first place (and as advertised), there wouldn't even be any need to make our own expansions. It's a textbook case on how to screw up an expanded release. There aren't even any liner notes apart from the usual drivel about how the score enhances the visuals. Instead, there's a screengrab from the movie for every track of the album (of which there are a whole damn lot). They even had the balls to use those images as a selling point. I hate the UE with a passion.

I'm also starting to take advance at being continually referred to as "stupid" by someone who needs to go back and forth five times before offering a proper counterargument.

Do you have it?

I have both releases :D

I'm just taking into account the fact that companies like Varèse don't have a long list of Williams scores they can pick at will to release. Fox just happened to be willing to give up the masters so that Home Alone 2 could get an expanded release. Varèse was kind enough to release it and we got an excellent package: a 2-disc complete John Williams score, presented in chronological order and with detailed liner notes, all compiled by the folks who brought us those lovely Star Wars Trilogy special editions. It follows the exact blueprint for a great complete score release. To complain about a release like this seems petty to me and somehow disrespectful of the hard work put in by people who are as much film score fans, if not more, than we are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I own the HA2 Complete Edition release. They certainly put a lot of hard work into that one, which I appreciate. However, I cannot help thinking how MUCH better it would have been if they had put this much work into Temple of Doom or The Last Crusade or even Hook. Sorry, my mind just works that way.

I'm also starting to take advance at being continually referred to as "stupid" by someone who needs to go back and forth five times before offering a proper counterargument.

Take advance? Huh?

If you didn't call people (me, in paricular) "stupid" at every opportunity that presents itself, I'd be able to offer proper counterarguments more effectively, don't you think?

I understand what you're saying, but that kind of thinking is rather stupid. Sorry to say that, but if you think so about HA2, you can think so about ANYTHING that's crap.

This would be getting increasingly funny, but somehow I just can't laugh about it.

Hit remember me and you never have to log in again.

Seriously Josh, I don't think I've even been called this many names in a single thread argument.

Take advance? Huh?

Whoops. That was meant to be "take offense".

If you didn't call people (me, in paricular) "stupid" at every opportunity that presents itself, I'd be able to offer proper counterarguments more effectively, don't you think?

This path of reason is both illogical and based on a wrongful accusation.

Yeah I know adult stuff like having children can be confusing to your fragile little mind.

Please do us a favor and don't populate.

I await your childish response.

Seriously Josh, I don't think I've even been called this many names in a single thread argument.

If you honestly think you're as bad as him then maybe I should call you names. :)

But then I'm a stubborn SOB who would argue with a 2 year old just to prove a point.

If you honestly think you're as bad as him then maybe I should call you names. :)

But then I'm a stubborn SOB who would argue with a 2 year old just to prove a point.

Nice, a compliment! :)

Yeah, I come off as major asshole online sometimes.

You do it, don't you? How hard can it be?
You're stupid!
Don't worry, you do both! And you have a kids? Now I'm baffled.

Well, yes, you see, only the other day, Prime Minister Pitt called me an "idle scrounger," and it wasn't until ages later that I thought how clever it would've been to have said, "Oh, bugger off, you old fart!"

I need to improve my mind, Blackadder. I want people to say, "That George, why, he's as clever as a stick in a bucket of pig swill."

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I own the HA2 Complete Edition release. They certainly put a lot of hard work into that one, which I appreciate. However, I cannot help thinking how MUCH better it would have been if they had put this much work into Temple of Doom or The Last Crusade or even Hook. Sorry, my mind just works that way.

If those complete scores could be released they would be. Home Alone 2 was obviously the best available option for Varese at that time.

Yes, but just think of how much better it would have been if it was Temple of Doom. I refuse to accept that they released a well-put together expansion of a charming early 90s Williams score that would otherwise not see the light of day. Especially when other scores - which they clearly do not have the opportunity, resources or rights to release in such a way - remain unreleased. How dare they not release superior scores because they are not able to. The cheek. They must be doing this on purpose, as a personal attack. They are stupid.

I will write about this, and everyone will care.

USS Josh500, shakedown crew's report. I think this user was put together by monkeys! Oh, he's got a fine search engine, but half the posts don't make sense, and guess whose job it is to make it right??