Johnny's Temp Track?

Lurker

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey who's supposed to be that guy next to Yoda and Obi-Wan?

This is the Anakin before the prequels and the change was made (the one you see under the mask of Vader).

I'm not interested in this, but hey - it adds to my post count.

The victory music is awful in the SE. Yub Nub was the way to the end the trilogy, but hey, Lucas thought differently.

It looks pretty legit indeed. As in other occasions, Johnny take the suggestion from the temp track, but succeed to improve it. I do not particularly love the "Victory Celebration" cue, but it has a nice melody and it surely is much better than the one in this temp track.

Oh, and it was several years since I last saw that Avid countdown! I used to work with Avid, but now I use Final Cut Pro.

Nice catch, btw! :thumbsup:

It sounds like Zimmer tried to do Braveheart. :lol:

I'm not a fan of either Yub Nub or the Victory parade. They both crescendo to an amazingly beautiful piece, but the music starting the track and leading up to the finale is horribly childish sounding.

Yeah this ain't no "fan edit" or whatever, the early 3d maquettes are too professional. This is some sort of pre-viz version, about half into the making of the SE. Work-in-progress.

I always wondered why the new music entered randomly during the new scenes, I guess they couldn't find a way in the editing room. Here the temp-track enters right when you cut from Endor

Wow, that really does not fit at all. I for one prefer the "Victory Celebration" track in the SE, it's one of the only changes that actually worked.

Man, that's weird.

I too prefer "Victory Celebration" over "Yub Nub." It seems to have a bit more weight to it. That, and "celebrate the love" is just a bit too much. The Charles Gerhardt version without vocals is good though.