"Blank" Movie

Koray Savas

O.K. These movies are officially the worst movies ever made. EVER! F*CK!!

I just watched the trailer for Disaster Movie. The trailer showed spoofs of Juno, Enchanted, Sex And The City, You Don't Mess With The Zohan, and Hancock.

I do not believe any of these are DISASTER movies. Holy SH*T! These movies just came out, 1 which isn't even out yet.

It drives me INSANE!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depresses me to no end that enough people pay money -- cash f---ing money!! -- to see these movies that they keep getting made.

I like to consider myself a populist, but this sort of thing tests my patience.

Not to get off subject, but I saw the worst movie ever made a few weeks ago: Leonard Part 6. I had to sit through it at a friends house. (Why would anyone purchase the DVD?)

I saw it in the theatres in 1987. It was god awful then. It's even worse today.

I love WotW, I thought Spielberg did a very good job.

The only funny part I remember from SM4 was the whole "Chicago before and after" thing.

I got a bit sick and tired of constantly seeing the insides of basements in Spielberg's film. That, and the fact that I found none of the characters all that likable. It ranks nowhere near my favourites in Spielberg's filmography.

Lake Placid 2

Worst....film....of....all....time....

Greg - who hasn't seen a Scary Movie he doesn't like yet, and wouldn't object to a couple more if Zucker/Abrahams stay on board....

There are numerous scenes from War of the Worlds that have stuck with me ever since I saw it.

On the other hand, I can remember almost nothing about Scary Movie 4. I have a vague memory of thinking that Craig Bierko was funnier than Cinderella Man would have led me to believe, and another of thinking that the visual effects were pretty good. And that's about it.

There are numerous scenes from War of the Worlds that have stuck with me ever since I saw it.

Scenes or images? Personally, I don't think there's one good scene, image or theme in it. In fact, I don't like the way the whole film is executed. The words that come to my mind are banal (dialogue, plot), contrived (artifical non-mood) and passionless (Spielberg on autopilot - commercial motives). Is this the same man who made Jaws? I don't think so.

Alex

Scenes or images? Personally, I don't think there's one good scene, image or theme in it. In fact, I don't like the way the whole film is executed. The words that come to my mind are banal (dialogue, plot), contrived (artifical non-mood) and passionless (Spielberg on autopilot - commercial motives). Is this the same man who made Jaws? I don't think so.

Alex

I can understand not getting much from it, feeling Spielberg is on auto-pilot, feeling it's contrived.....but one has to shut his eyes pretty tight to not be able to see any good scene, image or theme in it. The craft of Spielberg is there working overtime. Maybe not the magic, but the craft is working as well as ever. The scenes are constructed and edited in a fashion that shames just about anyone else working.

More directly on topic....obviously we've all scene some absolutely horrendous cheap film. But it's kind of a moot point to call Scary Movie 4 or Disaster Movie or Epic Movie or The Hottie and The Nottie or their ilk the worst movies ever. They are not real movies. I think a genuinely bad movie has to be one made by a real director, with a real cast, and for some reason just went totally wrong at every turn. The Happening is a valid candidate, IMO. It didn't strike me as 'worst ever', but that out of sympathy for those involved.

They don't make good parody movies anymore. Now they've become a joke themselves.

Go watch Airplane!, the first two Naked Gun films or Top Secret if you want some good laughs.

They don't make good parody movies anymore. Now they've become a joke themselves.

Go watch Airplane!, the first two Naked Gun films or Top Secret if you want some good laughs.

Even those are.....meh. Humor is dead among some filmmakers. They think exaggerated delivery of lines, screaming, or cliche lines are funny.

Speaking of bad movies...Batman Forever was on today and I couldn't even stomach the Riddler's scenes. So over the top and pointlessly ridiculous. But even that just made me remember how Batman and Robin is probably the worst film ever made, because it was so easy to make a halfway decent movie and they found a way to screw it up.

The family plot part of WOTW is ok enough to not ruin the movie for me (I kinda like how Cruise plays a basically unlikeable and pretty much failed father), but what makes it outstanding in my opinion is the handling of the mass scenes. I consider those nothing short of brilliant.

The worst movie I've seen is Armageddon.

All things considered, i really have a soft spot for 'Jaws -The Revenge'. The script is without doubt the most surrealistic, almost hallucinatory absurd thing ever filmed for a major production. The rubber shark looks terribly ragged and the finale, oh the finale really is in a class by itself.

You see wires attached to the shark and the tracks he's operated on multiple times. Thanks Universal.

Or Blazing Saddles.

The worst movie I've seen is Armageddon.

Yeah, that was painful.

Scary Movie 2 is the only movie I've ever considered walking out of. I also have to nominate Duce Bigelow. I went with a group of friends to the dollar movie in college and after it was over I wanted my dollar back.

Fight Club, Jacob's Ladder, Cape Fear, big budget A-listers all worthy of worst film awards.

movies like The Superhero movie, The Disaster movie, etc, are made on a thin dime and are bad movies but they have no lofty goals, I'd much rather go after the three films I mentioned for their failures. They were made with actual talent.

Fight Club

Indeed! I could never get what people saw in that movie.....I thought it was just pants.....

Fight Club, Jacob's Ladder, Cape Fear, big budget A-listers all worthy of worst film awards.

movies like The Superhero movie, The Disaster movie, etc, are made on a thin dime and are bad movies but they have no lofty goals, I'd much rather go after the three films I mentioned for their failures. They were made with actual talent.

I definitely agree with your point, if not the examples.

Heaven's Gate might be my pick. Such an incredible amount of talent, yet virtually every element is misjudged or just plain bad.

Yeah, she looks fierce...

anna-faris-nude-006.jpg

We need more women like her in Hollywood...

But anyway, I'm tired of the whole ____ Movie thing. It's just plain stupid. Is that how low on ideas they are? Every comedy must now be a spoof of movies that have JUST come out? It's one of the worst brands of quasi-humor out there.

On the other hand, I've seen all of the Scary Movie series. I only liked two of them.

What are you people talking about...Farris looks fine, and probably can act marginally well. We need less of her in Hollywood. Maybe more of her in Playboy.

I'd say any film with "Movie" in it's title is pretty much bound to suck. One of the worst movies I've ever seen is the Vin Diesel spy movie XXX. I actually felt dumber after watching it.

Scary Movie 3 and 4 are the only ones I like. The Zucker/Abrahams/Proft trio make the funniest movies ever. If you want good spoofs, I recommend:

Hot Shots! Part Deux, Wrongfully Accused, Jane Austen's Mafia, Hot Shots!, The Naked Gun, Airplane!, Top Secret!, and Spy Hard.

Hot Shots! Part Deux is the funniest movie I've ever seen. I can watch it an endless amount and times and still laugh my ass off. I love Charlie Sheen. The Saddam Heusissen fight at the end is brilliant. "Now I will kill you until you die from it!"

Wrongfully Accused would be my #2, gotta love Leslie Nielsen.

Pretty much anything by Mel Brooks is gold too.

Heaven's Gate might be my pick. Such an incredible amount of talent, yet virtually every element is misjudged or just plain bad.

I've heard the DC is better.

the handling of the mass scenes. I consider those nothing short of brilliant.

Indeed!

The worst film I've seen is 1941.

then you haven't seen very many bad movies becuase that hardly qualifies on any level as worst of all time

Indeed!

Joe beat me to it but you haven't seen enough films if 1941 is the worst one you've seen.

:D

I'd say any film with "Movie" in it's title is pretty much bound to suck.
Pretty much anything by Mel Brooks is gold too.

Ok then, 1976's "Silent Movie."

"Movie" in the title, but by Mel Brooks...is it gold or does it suck?

I've only seen five Mel Brooks movies, none of which were Silent Movie.

Don't knock Armageddon. I loved it. I'd rather watch it than the other space related borefests known as Deep Impact or Contact.

then you haven't seen very many bad movies becuase that hardly qualifies on any level as worst of all time

Probably not. It's much worse than several you listed though. :D

Probably not. It's much worse than several you listed though. :D

no its not, its less of a failure than the 3 I listed.

Indeed!

Yeah, that's why I said it was the worst film I've seen. I'm sure there's worse ones out there.

The score is brilliant, though. There was a time where it was in my top ten film scores of all time.

Indeed!

Yeah, that's why I said it was the first film I've seen. I'm sure there's worse ones out there.

The score is brilliant, though. There was a time where it was in my top ten film scores of all time.

still to call it the worst, surely you've seen AOTC, a far worse movie.

also if it was in your top 10 film scores of all time how could it be in the worst, the score is part of the film.

besides it has great cinematography, great art direction and set design, wonderfully costumed, great effects, some good acting, some bad acting, mediocre direction, and a mediocre story, but once again nothing that qualifies as worst.

Ok then, 1976's "Silent Movie."

"Movie" in the title, but by Mel Brooks...is it gold or does it suck?

I haven't seen it, but the rest of Brooks' films are great. I was referring to the modern parody movies with the word "Movie" in their titles, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Yes, red_rabbit, I knew that. I periodically like playing the devil's advocate (or village idiot, based on your POV), and it was only logical to bounce your statement against the fact that Mel Brooks made really funny movies.

I never saw any contemporary _____ Movie movies myself anyways. A lot of the recent direct to video or unrated National Lampoon's movies are pretty lame, too. They've got some TNA but minimal entertainment value otherwise.

Men in Tights is too derivative of Brooks' earlier works. Everyone thinks "walk this way" is funny in that movie, but it was funnier in Young Frankenstein.

Only time will tell if Tarantino follows through with his threats and makes Kill Bill Vol.3 when Vivica Fox's daughter grows up to take her own revenge...

I just made a thread about this today on a different forum! Even with the vague genre movie trailer.

Coincidence? Maybe.

I just saw one of the posters has Indy being crushed by a comet and that was the last straw.

Vol 2 was incredibly disappointing. Vol 1 was just a lot of fun.

Bleh, all these "... Movie" films are rubbish. I don't watch them though so I'm not particularly bothered by them. No-one generally takes them seriously anyway.

It's filmmakers like Bruckheimer that really make me worried about Hollywood.

Indeed!

Neither, dude, does Fight Club (said Bryant, who loves 1941 and could happily watch it right this second).

My vote for worst non-B-movie I've ever seen would go to Ultraviolet. Just godawful in every respect.