"Blank" Movie

Koray Savas

Batman & Robin yes, yes, yes

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace some here claim its better than Superman Returns, but they are quite wrong

Spider-Man 3 the filmmakers had to know it was bad while making it.

Hulk Ang Lee what more needs to be said, he's clueless

X-Men: The Last Stand I wish you hadn't reminded me.

Poltergeist III I think II is worse than 3,

A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge It really is BAD

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare I have no memory of it, is that a good thing.

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth the number III keeps showing up

Jaws III the number III keeps showing up

Jaws: The Revenge Michael you could have been accepting your Oscar instead you were staying dry in the water.

Psycho III the number III keeps showing up

Psycho IV: The Beginning wasn't it a made for tv movie

The Wicker Man (2006) I passed

Halloween (2007) I almost walked out on it

The Omen (2006) 666

The Final Conflict Sam Neil wasn't too bad

Final Destination 3 never saw it

Seed of Chucky never saw it

Gone in Sixty Seconds never saw it

Con Air wish I'd never saw it

Live Free or Die Hard wish I'd never saw it

Die Another Day wish I'd never saw it

The Rock OK I admit I sorta like this movie

Bad Boys never saw it

Bad Boys II never saw it

Pearl Harbor the bad song alone is worth self mutilating yourself over

Armageddon don't you love that 123-321 editing style

Transformers its not worst ever

Mission: Impossible II never saw it

Beverly Hills Cop III never saw it

Alien 3 its really bad,

Alien Resurrection its a guilty pleasure to me

Alien vs. Predator I actually like this movie

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem unnecessary

Resident Evil: Apocalypse never saw it

Resident Evil: Extinction never saw it

Rocky V never saw it

RoboCop 3 never saw it

Speed 2: Cruise Control avoided it

Star Wars "prequel" Trilogy TPM is ok the other two are not

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Doesn't belong on this list

War of the Worlds (2005) Doesn't belong on this list

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines not a bad movie, but it has no reason to exist

Street Fighter never hear of it

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle never saw it

The Crow: City of Angels never saw it

Saw III Saw, Saw II, Saw III, Saw IV, Saw V, and Saw VI all belong on this list, but I only saw Saw.

Hitman (2007) never heard of it

Alone in the Dark ugh

House of the Dead never heard of it

BloodRayne never heard of it

DOA: Dead or Alive never heard of it

Dungeons & Dragons never heard of it

Tank Girl never heard of it

Barb Wire never saw it

The Da Vinci Code awful yes, worst ever no

The Godfather: Part III not even awful just not good compared to 1 and 2

Star Trek: Nemesis sad ending to a great crew

Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) did they see the old movie?

Training Day doesn't belong here

Crash (2004) great movie

Brokeback Mountain its boring and not true to its characters but its not worthy of being on this list(I almost got kicked out of the gay club for not thinking it was all that, a little more, and then some.)

Atonement never saw it

The Edge of Love never saw it

Swept Away never saw it, saw the original, great movie

Revolver never heard of it

The Transporter never saw it

Transporter 2 never saw it

Crank never saw it

Red Sonja worthy

Cobra worthy

On Deadly Ground never saw it

Under Siege 2 its not that bad

Exit Wounds never heard of it

The Patriot (1998) we get it you don't like Steven Segal but he makes bad movies, but not the worst movies

Romeo Must Die never saw it

Cradle 2 the Grave never heard of it

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of Ang Lee's The Hulk, I've never seen it, but I caught some of it on TV at the weekend. The action sequence in the desert was astonishing, I was engrossed. Sure the cgi was in your face, but I was thrilled nonetheless. Shame about the rest of the movie I guess.

Batman & Robin - Bad

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - Too many problems make this film bad

Spider-Man 3 - Not as bad as people claim

Hulk - Not really bad but maybe too different

X-Men: The Last Stand - Eh

Poltergeist III - Bad

A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge - Poor

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - Anything after the second film is bad and tiresome

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - Didn't bother watching

Jaws III - bad

Jaws: The Revenge - awful

Psycho III - bad and un-neccessary

Psycho IV: The Beginning - didn't watch

The Wicker Man (2006) - not even gonna waste my time watching

Halloween (2007) - not even gonna waste my time watching

The Omen (2006) - not even gonna waste my time watching

The Final Conflict - poor

Final Destination 3 - not even gonna waste my time watching

Seed of Chucky - not even gonna waste my time watching

Gone in Sixty Seconds - the original was better

Con Air - Eh

Live Free or Die Hard - Doesn't feel like a Die Hard Film

Die Another Day - Not good

The Rock - Not bad

Bad Boys - In another director and producer's hand it might have been good

Bad Boys II- not even gonna waste my time watching

Pearl Harbor :o

Armageddon - Crap

Transformers - Crap

Mission: Impossible II - Crap

Beverly Hills Cop III - Never should have been made

Alien 3 - bad but beautifully shot

Alien Resurrection - bad

Alien vs. Predator - Bad

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - Bad

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - awful

Resident Evil: Extinction - awful

Rocky V - bad

RoboCop 3 - bad

Speed 2: Cruise Control - Never should have been made

Star Wars "prequel" Trilogy - Some good moments but lacks alot.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - not even gonna waste my time watching

War of the Worlds (2005) - Good

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - Good but un-neccessary

Street Fighter - Forgot about this film

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - meh

The Crow: City of Angels - Forgot about this film

Saw III - un-neccessary

Hitman (2007) - not even gonna waste my time watching

Alone in the Dark - not even gonna waste my time watching

House of the Dead - not even gonna waste my time watching

BloodRayne - not even gonna waste my time watching

DOA: Dead or Alive - not even gonna waste my time watching

Dungeons & Dragons - bad

Tank Girl - bad

Barb Wire - awful

The Da Vinci Code - boring

The Godfather: Part III - bad, sadly

Star Trek: Nemesis - bad

Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) - not even gonna waste my time watching

Training Day - overated

Crash (2004) - eh

Brokeback Mountain - overated

Atonement - not too interesting

The Edge of Love - meh

Swept Away - meh

Revolver - bad

The Transporter - meh

Transporter 2 - un-neccessary

Crank - bad

Red Sonja - not too bad

Cobra - bad

On Deadly Ground - boring

Under Siege 2 - actually somewhat entertaining

Exit Wounds - meh

The Patriot (1998) - good

Romeo Must Die - bad

Cradle 2 the Grave - not even gonna waste my time watching

Talking of Ang Lee's The Hulk, I've never seen it, but I caught some of it on TV at the weekend. The action sequence in the desert was astonishing, I was engrossed. Sure the cgi was in your face, but I was thrilled nonetheless. Shame about the rest of the movie I guess.

Not really, the rest of the movie is good too. Some call Lee's approach too artistic for the average Joe. Heck, it even took me two viewings before I deemed it one of the most interesting comic book adaptations ever. :o

Alex

don't waste your time GE, its a train wreck, but for some reason many of the europeans like it, figures.

its really sad that Nick Nolte is forever burdened by his mugshot from that film.

Why are we all giving our own rating for all of the bad movies GoldsmithFanatic listed? I'm surprised how many movies you haven't seen Joe. Oh, and I will love Pineapple Express, I knew I would ever since I saw the trailer.

Why are we all giving our own rating for all of the bad movies GoldsmithFanatic listed?

Because it's there.

Wow, I feel pretty good about how many of those I've never seen.

Well there was a time when all I used to do was watch movies and try to see everything I could. Then I realized I would enjoy things if I just stuck with movies or subjects I enjoyed.

I'm not ashamed to admit to the number of films I have no interest in seeing that have been released over the last 15 years.

I second Mission:Impossible II.

Indeed! One of the cheesiest movies ever.

WotW, SW prequels, and GoF should not be on that list--they are not even close to the worst movies I've ever seen.

Why are we all giving our own rating for all of the bad movies GoldsmithFanatic listed? I'm surprised how many movies you haven't seen Joe. Oh, and I will love Pineapple Express, I knew I would ever since I saw the trailer.

well despite what some here think Koray, I don't rush out for ever new film or boxoffice sensation.

and of the movies I didn't see, perhaps I should have said I don't want to see.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Troll 2 or Time Bandits.

Many people love Time Bandits. Though I'm not one of them (the movie is a total loss for me aside from Ralrh Richardson).

well despite what some here think Koray, I don't rush out for ever new film or boxoffice sensation.

and of the movies I didn't see, perhaps I should have said I don't want to see.

That's understandable. But don't you just want to see some movies you know are bad just for poos and giggles? I had a good laugh with The Wicker Man.

no, not really. I really want to enjoy the movie going experience, and I try to see movies that I will like, but sometimes I don't.

I won't subject myself to some films like the Saw movies. I do try to take advantage of the 50 cent movie theatre but often the movies there are movies I don't even want to waste 2 quarters on.

Well of course I can only comment on the worst movies I've seen and I'm sure none of them are deserving of the "Worst movie of all time" title, which would probably being some straight-to-TV or DVD flick that I'll never see.

The Extreme Adventures of Super Dave. When you can't stand the leads voice, you know you have a problem. Not a single redeeming factor in that movie whatsoever. I find that most of the movies I watch tend to at least be a 5 and up (if we're rating 1-10). Queen of the Damned I remember as being really bad. Rest Stop was pretty terrible. I thought La Vie En Rose sucked, considering the praise it received. Otherwise, a lot of the movies listed so far I get some kind of enjoyment out of (except the latest craze of spoof flicks).

I actually liked Queen of the Damned, thought it was a better movie than Interview with a Vampire.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Time Bandits.

I'm surprised nobody has lynched you yet.

Time Bandits is a comedy fantasy great.

Only if you A. Grew up on it B. Are British. Neither applies for me, so I see it for the unentertaining mess it is.

Only if you A. Grew up on it B. Are British. Neither applies for me, so I see it for the unentertaining mess it is.

A, I grew up on it,

B, All proper Americans are British, so I like it.

If you're British, shouldn't you like Alien³ and Fight Club?

Nemesis isn't that bad. Of course it's not that great either. But it's not even the worst of the Trek films.

It's not great. It's quite good though. Better than the score.

Marian, real Brits arn't European, they are British,

my actual heritage is Brit.

Same here. A bunch of midgets running around. I only saw the last 20 minutes, so that's probably why I hate it so much. I don't intend on seeing the whole thing though. The end made no sense. My parents blow up, Sean Connery winks at me. End.

Same here. A bunch of midgets running around. I only saw the last 20 minutes, so that's probably why I hate it so much. I don't intend on seeing the whole thing though. The end made no sense. My parents blow up, Sean Connery winks at me. End.

Context counts for a lot with movies, which is why people who don't know anything abut Monty Python or the early '80s might not "get" Time Bandits. But is that the movie's fault, or your fault for not being terribly well-educated on certain subjects?

Koray, you're smarter than this. You shouldn't judge a movie based on a twenty-minute sequence. Gilliam makes complex movies that rely on you actually paying attention to what's going on, rather than giving it the half-attention treatment. Time Bandits isn't genius like a few of Gilliam's other movies are, but it's a pretty damn good flick. Did it ever occur to you that some of the things you saw might have more meaning if you actually knew what they meant, rather than just assuming that you know? (You might still dislike the movie, of course; it's mannered, and if you don't respond to the manner, then there's no saving it for you.)

Also, I gotta be honest . . . the phrase "a bunch of midgets running around" is pretty goddamn offensive. Those were actors, and they were mostly delivering extremely fine performances, not "running around." No group of people deserves to be demeaned like that.

I wasn't trying to come off as one who knows the film well. I know that I can't judge something from a 20 minute section. But from what I saw, it was pretty bad and didn't make sense, and yes that is my fault for not seeing the whole thing. I caught the end of it on TV.

As for that phrase, I'm sorry if I was offensive. I wasn't referring to their acting and jobs as running around, but that towards the end of the movie, they were literally running around. That's why I phrased it so lightly, because nothing made sense to me, which again, is my fault.

Maybe I should talk about something I have seen, and many times at that...Troll 2. Anyone else see this? I would like to quote a certain scene: "No! Nooo! Not the cholesterol!!!!"

Koray isn't patient enough to listen to entire scores; you can't expect him to watch entire films!

Why would I waste my time listening to something like Star Wars or Indiana Jones when I've heard them millions of times? When I said that, I wasn't referring to every single score. I want to spend my time listening to scores I know I'll enjoy. I cannot enjoy Star Wars or Indiana Jones apart from their respective films. I listened to KOTCS twice, then Mutt's Theme, Irina's Theme, and The Jungle Chase a couple more times. I don't need to revisit it for awhile. And if you had as much music as me, I guarantee you wouldn't find the time to listen to every single track.

Also, films are more engaging than scores. I can only really sit down and enjoy a score when I pretty much have nothing better to do. Like right now, I'm sitting back and relaxing at 1:20 AM listening to Michael Clayton. I would be playing PS3, but since my internet is retarded, I can't sign on.

I thought we were friends, after all, you friended me on Facebook.

Bryant, sorry but it is a red herring in Fight Club, it fits the definition perfectly. The film isn't tightly constructed, in some parts its a mess. Fincher is a weak director, Alien 3 is horrid, Se7en is an example of a blind hog finding an acorn. The man messes up a wet dream. He's best at doing videos, go back to that fincher. Madonna needs help these days.

Joey, you obviously have no idea what a red herring actually is. It's fine if you don't like the movie -- lots of people don't -- but you're just wrong here. And we're not talking about opinion, we're talking about fact. A red herring is a device used to make you look one way in order to distract you from looking another way (for example, when a mystery film offers up "evidence" that seems to point the finger of guilt at one character; this typically serves to draw audience attention away from the real killer). That's not what's going on in Fight Club. Period.

A plot twist, on the other hand, is a device that forces you re-examine the foregoing portion of the story in a new light to discover that what you thought was going on all along meant something different from what you originally thought it meant. In other words, we've been thinking that Norman's mother was killing people, but we find out that "Mother" was actually Norman all along.

A lot of people confuse these two plot devices. A lot of people are wrong, however; they are not the same thing at all, and Fight Club uses the plot twist, NOT the red herring.

Koray isn't patient enough to listen to entire scores; you can't expect him to watch entire films!

Why would I waste my time listening to something like Star Wars or Indiana Jones when I've heard them millions of times? When I said that, I wasn't referring to every single score. I want to spend my time listening to scores I know I'll enjoy. I cannot enjoy Star Wars or Indiana Jones apart from their respective films. I listened to KOTCS twice, then Mutt's Theme, Irina's Theme, and The Jungle Chase a couple more times. I don't need to revisit it for sometime. And if you had as much music as me, I guarantee you wouldn't find the time to listen to every single track.

Also, films are more engaging than scores. I can only really sit down and enjoy a score when I pretty much have nothing better to do. Like right now, I'm sitting back and relaxing at 1:20 AM listening to Michael Clayton. I would be playing PS3, but since my internet is retarded, I can't sign on.

Yeah, but I'm an asshole. I was sort of joking because I know you've watched a wide range of films. No hard feelings?

BB I know exactly what a red herring is and just to be sure I even looked it up, and it this case its a red herring, its a trick, a cheat, what else do you call the scene of norton being pulled on video but no one is pulling him. Brad Pitt is the device to draw the audiences attention away from Norton's insanity. Obviously we are going to disagree, you like the film, I do not. I'll say this I saw David Fincher's best work tonight, it was Madonna's OH Father video, it was all down hill for him.

Why would I waste my time listening to something like Star Wars or Indiana Jones when I've heard them millions of times? When I said that, I wasn't referring to every single score. I want to spend my time listening to scores I know I'll enjoy. I cannot enjoy Star Wars or Indiana Jones apart from their respective films. I listened to KOTCS twice, then Mutt's Theme, Irina's Theme, and The Jungle Chase a couple more times. I don't need to revisit it for sometime. And if you had as much music as me, I guarantee you wouldn't find the time to listen to every single track.

Yeah, but I'm an asshole. I was sort of joking because I know you've watched a wide range of films. No hard feelings?

Haha. No hard feelings.

BB I know exactly what a red herring is and just to be sure I even looked it up, and it this case its a red herring, its a trick, a cheat, what else do you call the scene of norton being pulled on video but no one is pulling him. Brad Pitt is the device to draw the audiences attention away from Norton's insanity. Obviously we are going to disagree, you like the film, I do not. I'll say this I saw David Fincher's best work tonight, it was Madonna's OH Father video, it was all down hill for him.

This is weak evidence, Joey.

Let's talk about the video scene. First, you see Tyler dragging Norton; then, cut away to the security camera footage, which is showing us what's "really" going on. It shows basically the same thing, just without Brad Pitt. Obviously, we're meant to think that Norton is just moving himself, just as he's thrown himself through glass and so forth. Now, I'll grant you that the physics of Edward Norton propelling himself along the ground in that precise fashion seem a little wonky, but I don't think I'd say it's impossible; certainly, if I can accept the notion of there being a split-personality case this severe, then I can accept that strange things might grow out of it.

But all that is irrelevant to your claim. The fight between Tyler and Edward Norton (including the scene of Norton being pulled) occurs AFTER the reveal that he and Tyler are the same person. Let's accept your analysis here. Even if we do, your "red herring" comes after the mystery has been solved! Well, sir, that's not how the red herring works, not even vaguely.

The movie has a plot twist, one that holds up under intense scrutiny, as do all quality plot twists.

Like I said, I don't care whether or not you like the movie (or Fincher). But you're making false claims based on what seems to be poor analytical skill and an overabundance of personal prejudice against the movie you're (poorly) analyzing. I'm calling you on it, and whether you want to acknowledge it or not, you've lost this argument. Badly.

your hedging BB, the video is wonky, there is no one there, and he is apparently being dragged by the invisible man, hmmmm

ok I agree, no red herring, just a very logical believable situation, yeah thats the ticket.

your hedging BB, the video is wonky, there is no one there, and he is apparently being dragged by the invisible man, hmmmm

ok I agree, no red herring, just a very logical believable situation, yeah thats the ticket.

Like I said, that part is a little wonky -- but I pulled out my DVD and looked at it, and I think you can make the case that his feet and legs could accomplish what's happening, if he had a strong enough back and neck to keep his torso in the position it's in. It's iffy, but it's also a second long. Even if I thought that second was the crappiest bullcrap ever crapped by a bull, it wouldn't kill the movie, or even wound it. But as I previously mentioned, I think that if I can accept the rest of the movie, I can accept this one little instance of hyperrealism.

Remember, this started with you claiming that the movie is a cheat, which I'm saying it emphatically is not. If all you've got is a second of footage to back you up, you're on shaky ground, sir.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the movie itself. Maybe The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will earn Fincher some point with you -- it looks awfully good to me.

Every Fincher movie is excellent. A flawless director as of yet IMO.

I'm with you. I'm one of the very few who actually likes Alien 3 (although it's a case in which I understand why people hate it; it's probably too sharp a turn from Aliens).

I need to rewatch Panic Room and Zodiac, both of which I saw only once.

Panic Room is a superb film. Some here don't like it as much as his other movies, or even at all, but to me it's just as good. The man's a perfectionist, and it shows. You can always count on the cinematography of his movies to be excellent.

Zodiac is also amazing, but my #2 favorite of his, after Se7en.

I want to revisit The Game, because that movie was just breathtaking the first time I saw it. Very intense and well-made. I watched it again the day after just so I could understand it. I want it in blu-ray though.

I don't like Alien 3 very much, but Fincher is not to blame. He never got a script, and had to shoot the scenes on the spot. Under those conditions, I'd say he did a pretty damn fine job.

It's rather one note and not terribly convincing. But, still, good mood, good performance by Douglas, and nice casting of Penn.

Like I said, that part is a little wonky -- but I pulled out my DVD and looked at it, and I think you can make the case that his feet and legs could accomplish what's happening, if he had a strong enough back and neck to keep his torso in the position it's in. It's iffy, but it's also a second long. Even if I thought that second was the crappiest bullcrap ever crapped by a bull, it wouldn't kill the movie, or even wound it. But as I previously mentioned, I think that if I can accept the rest of the movie, I can accept this one little instance of hyperrealism.

Remember, this started with you claiming that the movie is a cheat, which I'm saying it emphatically is not. If all you've got is a second of footage to back you up, you're on shaky ground, sir.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the movie itself. Maybe The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will earn Fincher some point with you -- it looks awfully good to me.

it looks awfully bad to me.

I say it again Fincher is not a good director, he's made one good film and the rest are s*** to mediocre. I'm not saying he doesn't shoot a good looking picture, he does, but so does Uwe Boll and Paul W. Anderson.

as for the one piece of footage making it shaky ground, its enough, its a horrible flaw. Still its not quite to Jacob's Ladder standards, I'll give you that, I have to admit FC made its mark in pop culture.

I have never seen a Boll film or an PW Anderson film. But I sincerely doubt that they look good. Fincher's films look great, and he is one of the few directors who seem to think on a shot level. Every shot is there for a reason, and is the way it is for a reason.

Yes, I saw that on the DVD. But not only the question of individual shots. He really knows how to connect shots together, to build momentum and meaning within a scene.

Don't ever speak Uwe Boll's name again in the same vein as Fincher.

Alien 3 is as bad as the best Boll film,

of course Fincher shoots a good looking film, he used to work as a photographer, look at his Madonna video's, especially Oh Father, its beautiful, and he work on one of Spielbers top 3 or 4 most beautifully shot films Temple of Doom.

He fails in my opinion as a story teller.