The Official Pop and Rock Music thread

Quintus

Someone in a BBC Bee Gees documentary said that disco is about melancholy and that why the Gibb brothers were so good at it.

That frigging synth riff is so good ...

Alex

Richard! You came out of retirement again!

I didn't know he worked with Steve Hackett.

Yes. He co-wrote, and sang on, a track called "Days Of Long Ago" for SH's 1999 CD "Darktown".

4Oth anniversary of:

Aaaah! What an absolutely lovely CD, so full of Octoberyness. In fact, it's a very Christmassy record.

In case you're interested, "QE2" is 35 years old, today.

I always liked Carl Wilson's voice here. It's got the same sort of pure quality that makes David Gilmour's so appealing.

Singing doesn't get any more gently hypnotic than his performance on "God Only Knows".

Inspired by the recent Beach Boys post....

Only photos but I did play with Maná a couple of months back at the Palacio de Deportes in Madrid to 15,000 people, such an awesome night! :)

post-3054-0-49199700-1448069248.jpg

post-3054-0-99545400-1448069232.jpg

post-3054-0-32584100-1448069700.jpg

Justin Bieber's Purpose is the second fastest-selling album in the UK this year and breaks a chart record for the most tracks inside the top 40:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34879720

This is the real world we are living in, folks!

There's no accounting for taste (or the lack thereof) ...

From my POV his voice was at its most fantastic during the making of that album (1999). Since then his vocal range has suffered en he lost his raw edge (which made him popular with Soundgarden).

It was evident on King Animal (2012) that the constant high-pitched 'screaming' during his younger years had taken its toll. But I'll be damned if I won't buy their next album. :yes:

Also dig his solo follow-up 'Carry On'.

Wow! That's incredibly cool news !!! Another concept album? I'll be there day one...

nightscape94 : To think I would have fans, in this life, on this planet, is preposterous. I simply exist, and one day I won't anymore. :)

Meh. IMHO Their glory days are long behind them

There mate, I fixed it for ya. It's my pleasure. ;)