The Official Pop and Rock Music thread

Quintus

I bought it, but haven't listened yet. I can't imagine it could possibly be worse than their last album

I'm with you on that one Jason. I can't stand Raditude.

That cover is awesome.

Of course the album title is Hurley. :P

Talking of Justin Bieber.... I came across this on stumbleupon yesterday. Tell me that doesn't rock.

Sounds... celestial. But as cool as it may sound, the fact that it's a Justin Bieber song means I have an obligation not to like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here like Michael Franti & Spearhead? I've been enjoying their latest album The Sound Of Sunshine a lot

How about Broken Bells? I love the lead single, and to a lesser extent the 2 followup singles... The whole album wasn't bad. Need to listen again. Doesn't instantly sink in like the Franti album

Off to check out The Shins now...

And if we slip it into your Gladiator playlist, you'll never notice.

:lol:

Someone needs to get that on Pure Moods V. You can download it here, for the next time you're super stoned and don't have the Gladiator soundtrack with you.

<_<

Blech. This is much better:

Led_Zeppelin_coda.jpg

I agree. Rarely has a collection of outtakes hung together as good as this (although "Physical Graffiti" works just fine... :P). Special kudos must go to "Bonzo's Montreux", and all the stuff from "In Through The Out Door". I think I'll play "Carouselambra"...

What are you guys talking about? It's the last song, and my favorite of the whole album.

That's what Jason meant, Koray; it might be on "Coda", but it's not on "ITTOD". In the same way, why the hell is "Inside And Out" not on "Wind And Wuthering", nor "Do The Neurotic" not on "Invisible Touch"?

No, I meant that Hey Hey What Can I Do is not on Coda.

Yes, if you buy the 10CD Zeppelin boxset, or the newer Mini-LP Replica boxset, then HHWCID is in fact included on that CD, as a bonus track at the end. But if you just buy Coda on its own, you don't get it. It was not part of the original LP in 1982

Wasn't it a B-Side originally? I think the only place to get the song is the box set or one of the greatest hit sets. I only on the original albums and I don't own a version of Hey Hey What Can I Do. Jimmy Page performed it live with the Black Crowes and its on their corresponding live album. It's a great version and definitely worth checking out.

I have the mini-LP replica set. One of my favorite music purchases. I need the BBC Sessions replica but that was limited to like 1,000 copies and goes for $200 on Amazon Marketplace. It'd fit perfectly in the box, there's plenty of squeezing room for it.

No, I meant that Hey Hey What Can I Do is not on Coda.

Yes, if you buy the 10CD Zeppelin boxset, or the newer Mini-LP Replica boxset, then HHWCID is in fact included on that CD, as a bonus track at the end. But if you just buy Coda on its own, you don't get it. It was not part of the original LP in 1982

So it's what I said: it is on "Coda". What I sais was true...from a certain point of view...

Koray, you played "Dogs" before you played "Pigs On The Wing pt.1"?

You've got to be crazy. Gotta have a real need...

:cool: No, the song at the top is the song I last listened to. It has a time stamp off to the right. Either way, it takes a little while for my signature to update, I'm already done with the album.

Discovered these guys on the radio. The song is fantastic, just ordered the album for $7 on Amazon.

I wish my old favorite stations actually played stuff people have never heard from the 60s and 70s. BIG 100.3 used to have the Deep End on Sunday nights which would play really old and obscure stuff. I liked almost every song and had never heard them before. That's really the only purpose of radio IMO. To introduce you to songs you otherwise wouldn't normally hear. The new BIG 100.3 and 105.9 The Edge seem to just have a 300 song playlist and put it on repeat 24 hours a day. How many times can you listen to the same song? I'm delving over to DC 101 and I'm liking a lot of what I'm hearing. Getting more into alternative rock and other such genres.

That's really the only purpose of radio IMO. To introduce you to songs you otherwise wouldn't normally hear. The new BIG 100.3 and 105.9 The Edge seem to just have a 300 song playlist and put it on repeat 24 hours a day. How many times can you listen to the same song?

Your ideal definition is sadly the antithesis of corporate radio: to play the "safest" songs that the hive mind thinks people want to hear.

Haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I'm a huge rock/pop fan. In fact, some days I can't even stand film music, and can only listen to other things.

Favourite artists include Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Alan Parsons Project, Jean Michel Jarre, Rammstein, Oingo Boingo (I'm a completist of all of these). In general, I love old prog rock, 80's art pop, electropop, a wide variety of electronic music (from hardhitting goa to trance to ambient), old-fashioned rock'n'roll and lots more.

Also love classical music, but that's for another thread.

I am lover of music in general, and - in fact - my love of soundtracks came through these other musical genres, not by seeing films and wanting to own the music as heard in them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is seriously the worst song I've ever heard. It's heartbreaking that music has been reduced to this. A kindergardener could have written better lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Btw, for some reason this thread is no longer on the forum express.

New remasters of all Queen studio albums are coming out this year, the first five this week (in Europe), the rest will follow later. Any news yet on how they sound - preferably by people who can actually tell good remasters from bad ones?

This is seriously the worst song I've ever heard. It's heartbreaking that music has been reduced to this. A kindergardener could have written better lyrics.

This song is no worse than anything currently being played on top 40 radio.

New remasters of all Queen studio albums are coming out this year, the first five this week (in Europe), the rest will follow later. Any news yet on how they sound - preferably by people who can actually tell good remasters from bad ones?

I've not heard them, yet, Marian, but if they sound anything like the "ANATO" 2005 30th. anniversary remaster, then I look forward to them.

Be warned: the UK only has the single discs of the first five, but wait for the 2-disc releases, with lots of extras. I've also heard that there is a "first-five 2-disc box", with spaces for the rest of them.

I will buy them as a matter of course.

Be warned: the UK only has the single discs of the first five, but wait for the 2-disc releases, with lots of extras. I've also heard that there is a "first-five 2-disc box", with spaces for the rest of them.

Yes, I've seen that box on Amazon AT/DE, and I think at UK as well. The only two Queen albums I have as original CDs are A Night at the Opera and News of the World, so if these remasters are good, I intend to get the whole set.

Yes, I've seen that box on Amazon AT/DE, and I think at UK as well. The only two Queen albums I have as original CDs are A Night at the Opera and News of the World, so if these remasters are good, I intend to get the whole set.

I hate to confuse the issue, Marian, but do you mean the original mid-80s releases, the 1994 remasters, or the 2001 Japanese remasters, which were in mini-vinyl replica sleeves?

If you want to "check out" the quality of the 2011 remasters, then listen to either "Greatest Hits", or "Greatest Hits II" (don't, for the love of all that you hold dear, go anywhere "Greatest Hits III"!) as these have also been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Btw, for some reason this thread is no longer on the forum express.

it almost sounds like her entire performance was autotuned

It's terrible but it's either manufactured garbage or parody. Nothing worth getting het up about, especially looking at some of the people who are constantly getting hits and selling albums whilst being awful.

I hate to confuse the issue, Marian, but do you mean the original mid-80s releases, the 1994 remasters, or the 2001 Japanese remasters, which were in mini-vinyl replica sleeves?

I mean physically pressed CDs. I know most of their albums, but other than the two I mentioned, I... found them. I'd like to purchase them all.