The Official Pop and Rock Music thread

Quintus

On 9/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, Sweeping Strings said:

Tell me about it ... January is a bloody awful time of year for the tickets to go on sale in terms of being able to afford them, though. I just HAD to need a home heating oil refill (and purchase same this morning before the tour announcement) this week, didn't I?

I would've been entitled to participate in the fan pre-sale on Wed morning and everything, dammit. Ah well ... I guess I can see if there are any left when I'm paid again in a couple of weeks, although I doubt it.       

Im just terrified it's going to sell out in 30 seconds. Nobody I know likes U2 but they sell 160,000 tickets in Dublin pretty quick! 

On 11/01/2017 at 3:22 PM, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Im just terrified it's going to sell out in 30 seconds. Nobody I know likes U2 but they sell 160,000 tickets in Dublin pretty quick! 

If I miss out, I'll take consolation in the fact that Nov 2015 (when I saw them last) really wasn't that long ago. And apparently the new album isn't far off being ready to go ... they're bound to tour that.  

Good luck!

And of course, it means the gig would kick off with Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and With Or Without You (and then those would be followed by Bullet The Blue Sky). WOW :) .  

And then there's this -  

'You gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice' gives me goosebumps every single time. 

If there are still standing tickets left by the time I get paid again, damn straight I'll buy one.  

23 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

If I miss out, I'll take consolation in the fact that Nov 2015 (when I saw them last) really wasn't that long ago. And apparently the new album isn't far off being ready to go ... they're bound to tour that.  

Good luck!

Was that the concert where Bono almost fell off the stage because he got to close to The Edge?

:rimshot:

Thank you ladies and gents, i'll be here all week!

27 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Was that the concert where Bono almost fell off the stage because he got to close to The Edge?

Don't be stupid. There are no women here. 

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Was Bono down by the river?

Ah, well, seasons will pass you by. I get up...

I remember Bono not being able to move, at Glasto, because it was icy, and he had the wrong shoes on.

Didn't either Mr. Evans or Mr. Clayton once get stuck inside a giant lemon?

There was a gig on the Innocence and Experience tour where the Edge did indeed fall off the edge of the walkway that was part of the staging (the headline writers had a field day with that one. luckily he wasn't seriously hurt).

And yes, at one of the PopMart gigs the entire band got stuck inside the giant mirrorball lemon - 

SmartSize?url=~%2FCms_Data%2FContents%2F

- when it refused to open for them to begin their encore. They were later to describe it as 'a perfect Spinal Tap moment'. 

On 01/14/2017 at 3:19 AM, Stefancos said:

We have a transgendered person,

We also have a Harkonnen among us.

Give him a blade, and let him stand forth.

I watched the fascinating rockumentary I'm Not In Love: The Story Of 10cc. I love rockumentaries and this one is no exception. I never knew they wrote all these hits before they formed the band in 1972.

2098.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Alex

Yes, it reached. number two on the UK charts, in 1974.

I think they would describe themselves as "Anglophiles".

Their albums are uniformly excellent, but I'd single-out KIMONO MY HOUSE, and NO. 1 IN HEAVEN, as standouts.

Now post BEAT THE CLOCK.

The Sparks! Finally an artist/band I can stand behind in what has now become a Youtube thread. A lot of cheeseball artists and songs being posted lately.

Geez, while analyzing the italian discography of Charles Aznavour this week, I came to the conclusion that I have to add another album into the "studio" category...  So the number is turning up to 91 instead of 90.

Big deal, just as media around the world started to use my "90" !!!

Well, only fools don't change their mind!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Aznavour_discography

A verry Morricone sound on this one!

On 1/23/2017 at 0:09 PM, Disco Stu said:

Happy TENTH birthday to one of my favorite albums of last decade, The Shins' Wincing the Night Away!

Only familiar with the songs Zach Braff has used in his various projects, but I like them!

My favorite new artist recently is Highly Suspect.

19 hours ago, Richard said:

Yes, it reached. number two on the UK charts, in 1974.

I think they would describe themselves as "Anglophiles".

Well, their music wasn't doing anything in the US. In order to make it, they had to go to the UK.

The album "Entre deux rêves" turns 50 in 2017!

L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne

Charles Aznavour - Emmenez-moi (Take me along to a far away shore...)

It's not "my" Aznavour. I just offers you, JWFans, an opportunity to discover him before he die!

Because that day, you will hear about him from people all around the globe!