Pixar and John Williams?

BLUMENKOHL

I just got off the phone with an old and close friend of mine at Pixar, congratulating him and the team on an astonishing job well done on Wall-E (a movie, which if you haven't seen yet, you really should). Anyways, our conversation took many various turns and what not, and while we were discussing Thomas Newman's music to Wall-E I said something along the lines of "Music worked well! No John Williams but it damn did work!" and his response was sort of "Yeah! Well Peter [Docter] is a big John Williams fan so who knows!" and then I replied "I don't know, I think he's in limited retirement though, I'd be happy with Giacchino!"

But unfortunately, being an animator and former technical director myself....we pretty much spent the rest of the time talking about the technical side of the film.

So what'd be your reaction to a Pixar film scored by John Williams? It's highly unlikely...as a lot of directors are John Williams fans...and the man no longer works with anyone what but his wife and husband George and Steve :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I want JW to score anything he can, but I would be especially excited if he scored a Pixar film. Ever since I arrived on this board, I've said how cool it would be if JW scored an animated film.

Considering Williams has never scored an animated film period, I'd love for him to one for Pixar. But chances are it'll never happen.

Well we'll finally get his animated film score with Tintin... hopefully.

I want to see John Powell score a Pixar film.

He's doing great with DreamWorks Animation. Chances are he would never do Pixar because of RCP's relationship with Jeffrey Katzenberg.

I've wanted Williams to score an animated movie for a long time, but if it was going to happen it would have by now. Unless Spielberg decides to do an animated film.

Wouldn't be great if some studio finally decided to do a classic animated film again, not CG, if they got Williams on board for that?

I've wanted Williams to score an animated movie for a long time, but if it was going to happen it would have by now. Unless Spielberg decides to do an animated film.

Tintin will be animated.

I think Williams would do well with Pixar but as you guys have said that is doubtful. I think since tintin is animated and if its a big success I would say Williams may end his career with that, because you figure after Tintin he's done every single genre out there (pretty much not including like asian kung fu movies). So who knows?

But as i was saying he would do well with Pixar. At one point while watching the first forty minutes of Wall*E where there was no dialog whats so ever I thought that Williams could have done well with that movie but oh well.