Soundtrack to Life

Melange

I was just listening to Capricorn One, and a Helicopter went past my window ;)

Now all I need is another helicopter and them both turning to each other in conversation ;)

Talk about your own "something is happening in life which has some similarities to the movie this score is for"...........moments.

I'm sure there must be at least ONE person out there who has pinpointed Tanis while listening to the Map Room?

And I'm sure there must be at least ONE person who played 'Stealing the Enterprise' while stealing a car perhaps?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rare moments when life intertwines with the movie I'm watching. My friend was going to show me the car in the background of The Fellowship Of The Ring, so I was fast-forwarding. He said "This is it! This is it!" So I press play, and then immediately Frodo says "This is what?"

Also, a long time ago me and some friends were watching Species, and my friend let one loose, and Michael Madsen then went "Ugh, it smells in here."

As I just mentioned on MM.com the other day:

A couple of days ago, I filled my mobile phone's memory card with various Goldsmith action tracks, to be played on shuffle while I'm on the bicycle. On my way home from work, it had gotten so windy that while crossing the bridge (always the most windy part), I could hardly get the bike to move forward. That was just when End of a Dream from Total Recall was playing.

...I also managed to reach the last section of the bridge, where it goes downward and the wind gets less, just in time for the final return of the action music in the cue.

It's not exactly real life, but I took part in a 'film in a day' challenge at my work's film society a few weeks ago. My group made a Bourne style 2 minute short film involving guys in sunglasses swapping bags, and we decided it needed some music, so naturally I came to the rescue. So I shoved Waterloo from Ultimatum in because the drum hits around halfway through the cue went great with the opening titles, and we watched on, expecting to have to cut the cue up quite a bit since we were happy with the picture.

Amazingly, the next 2 minutes of the cue synced up to the film 100% perfectly, and the mood changes fitted like a glove. I swear it was like the cue was written for our movie.

BTW, the movie's on YouTube at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Apx1kjegolE. I was the camera operator and did the physical editing with input from the other 3 guys. I'm also the guy on the right in 'The Cafe Scene' as JW would call it. We were so organised that we not only were the only group to actually finish, but we won ;)

There was this one occasion where I was in my room doing homework listening to "The Battle of Hoth" and my dad opened my door to tell me something and just as I swiveled around in my chair to face him, that bit in the track where Vader turns in his chair thing to face Ozzel in the viewscreen came on at that exact moment.

A friend of mine also had an interesting experience with that same track. Apparently he was walking along a sidewalk listening to the passage where Wedge's snowspeeder is making its final pass around the AT-AT's legs on his iPod and then saw a bee or something circling around his legs at that moment.

There's probably a lot more incidents I've forgotten about....I suppose with the sheer volume of music people like us listen to, stuff like this is bound to happen a lot ROTFLMAO

I was preparing a canvas for a painting once when a track from Jeff Beal's "Pollock" came on.

Recently, I was driving a van to the coast, winding through the turns, while "Desert Chase" was playing. What made it funnier was that, the whole wretched time, the other two people in the car were going on and on about how the themes to Superman and Indiana Jones were almost identical, and that John Williams was a hack. Basically, their premise was that they couldn't hum one tune without "accidentally" going into the other.

And so, as I listened to the "Desert Chase," I thought of how Indy threw all the Nazis off of that truck....

I was preparing a canvas for a painting once when a track from Jeff Beal's "Pollock" came on.

Recently, I was driving a van to the coast, winding through the turns, while "Desert Chase" was playing. What made it funnier was that, the whole wretched time, the other two people in the car were going on and on about how the themes to Superman and Indiana Jones were almost identical, and that John Williams was a hack. Basically, their premise was that they couldn't hum one tune without "accidentally" going into the other.

And so, as I listened to the "Desert Chase," I thought of how Indy threw all the Nazis off of that truck....

LoL, my 2 year old can hum them differently. I bet they can tell the difference between 2 different songs by X rock band without fail. Did they survive the fall off the 9000 foot cliff?

Basically, their premise was that they couldn't hum one tune without "accidentally" going into the other.

That used to happen to me quite a bit when I was younger

I never experienced something like some described here. But I can't help Williams' music playing in my head when I am doing something which is like a scene in a movie. Like today, I had to take genetically modified organisms out of a drawer in a huge -80 freezer in an abandoned and dark laboratory and then I heard Dennis Steals the Embryos suddenly in my head :lol:

LoL, my 2 year old can hum them differently. I bet they can tell the difference between 2 different songs by X rock band without fail. Did they survive the fall off the 9000 foot cliff?

I brought that up, that "big deal, this theme's predominantly in brass like Superman-- what about those songs you guys listen to by those crappy bands! Wait a minute, THIS ONE has a guitar playing, just like the last song! And drums too!" Heck, their "bands" probably don't even exist; it's all samples.

Anyways, I wish I could've done a James Dean roll out of the van (of course, Dean would NEVER drive a minivan) and let them plummet... only then I wouldn't be able to be inside, to see if I'd timed the cue perfectly :lol: