Why didn't I compose that..?

Snowster

However, I think it has happened more often that Williams thought: "You wrote that? I can do it better!" See his upgraded version of Goldsmith's Capricorn One theme (The Lost World) and the Patton theme (Midway March).

:P

Yes I agree.... ;):DROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

I was serious, guys. That's what's funny right? :) Well glad you're having a good time ;)

I think Williams has had indeed moments he envied other composers, but I think none of living composers but rather 20th century composers like Erich Korngold, William Walton, Leonard Bernstein and Prokofiev and some 19th century composers like Mahler and Tschaikovsky and Elgar of course.

What those composers wrote was exceptional, but were the movies (ballets, etc...)? (I don't know, that's why I'm asking). Do you think Williams saw what they had to write there music to, and wanted that material, or would he have heard their music and wished he wrote it, regardless of what it was written for.

yes the latter I meant.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have to say after the Shindler's list story he loves to tell at concerts, I think he probably does have more envy for past composers. But just from the little I've heard, I think he probably regrets quitting on the Harry Potter series. I think he liked working on those because he could have a lot of fun with them.

Yeah, I have to say after the Shindler's list story he loves to tell at concerts, I think he probably does have more envy for past composers.

And he did very well, since Goldsmith was envyous of him for that.

I felt that John Williams would have done amazingly well if he scored "August Rush" the whole movie was about listening to music. Although Mancina did do very well with it.

Wait, was JW given the chance to score BTTF, Batman, and LotR? Or is it just daydreaming?

Wait, John Williams didn't score Back to the Future? :lol:

( :lol: )

:P

You are daydreaming.

Seriously though, I do believe it was mentioned that the producers of Batman did want John Williams but Tim Burton convinced them to go with Danny Elfman.

I wonder if JW regrets not scoring all of the Harry Potter films. I wish he had, he did such a good job on the first three.

He regrets it at least a bit, judging from his statements on the HP franchise. There is still hope for the last movie... :thumbup: (isn't there?)

I wonder if JW regrets not scoring all of the Harry Potter films. I wish he had, he did such a good job on the first three.

He regrets it at least a bit, judging from his statements on the HP franchise. There is still hope for the last movie... <_< (isn't there?)

Yeah I'd love if he did the last HP film. It would be amazing!

Seriously though, I do believe it was mentioned that the producers of Batman did want John Williams but Tim Burton convinced them to go with Danny Elfman.

Yes that is true. Thankfully they listened to Burton, a time I am certainly not sorry Williams didn't get a shot.