How much to pay for Missouri Breaks/Monsignor Limited CD?

load3

Today I received the limited "Missouri Breaks / Monsignor" CD by John Williams. It is number 59 of 500.

Now I would like to know (probably from some of you how also own this CD)

how much I should have paid for it.

Just to make sure I didn' t spent too much...

Or did I make a bargain ??? :mrgreen:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but for a bootleg I would pay 0 cents.

More than that would be too much, IMHO.

Ricard - Who doesn't give money to bootlegers

Ricard II - Who thinks that bootlegs should be for private use or trading, NOT for sale.

how could I see that my CD is a bootleg?

Or could the " Missouri Breaks / Monsignor" CD only be a bootleg because it was never a "real" CD?

Today I received the limited "Missouri Breaks / Monsignor" CD by John Williams. It is number 59 of 500.

Now I would like to know (probably from some of you how also own this CD)

how much I should have paid for it.

Just to make sure I didn' t spent too much...

Or did I make a bargain  ???  :mrgreen:

I do no longer remember how much I paid for it, but I did pay more than a regular commercial CD that's for sure....how much did you pay for it anyway?

BTW, I have number 352.

Yes, it is a bootleg but it doesn't mean it is a self-made CD-R copy.

The Monsignor / Missouri Breaks is a pressed CD.

If you want to know about its value in the future, you can check my site.

Since last week, I have included estimated prices for John Williams albums. This price is an average of the eBay auctions and will probably become more realistic in a near future.

Personally, I have paid $37 when I bought it. It was my very first bootleg album and I think it was a reasonable price.

how could I see that my CD is a bootleg?

Or could the " Missouri Breaks / Monsignor" CD only be a bootleg because it was never a "real" CD?

Well, there has only been one CD like this, and that one CD is a bootleg, so you can have nothing but the bootleg.

What ever the case, you must have a good deal, no matter what the price (I presume), cause many people want to have this music. Especially Monsignor since The Missouri Breaks was released commercially as well.

I know that I adore Monsignor, even more that TMB. Also, the sound quality of this homemade CD can't be beaten. It's so much better than most commercially available CD's.

I spent about 23 $ (to be exact: 23 Euros ) for my copy.

That would be a very good price if it was an official release. But for something that has as much value as a CD-R (despite of it being "pressed") it's definitely a robbery.

PS. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's my opinion.

I'm satisifed with my offical Ryko CD of The Missouri Breaks and my Casablanca LP of Monsignor.

I'm guessing you bought the boot for Monsignor, right?

Neil

Me too (although an official CD release of Monsignor wouldn't hurt... ROTFLMAO)

i agree,some re-mastering is needed(especially for the chorus in "Gloria" ),and I bet there's a lot of unreleased music for this score too.

K.M.Who never listened to the Missouri Breaks part of the boot.

Does anybody have information about people making such bootleg albums, the way they proceed ?

Speak to Movie Boulevard in the UK as they're the master rip-off merchants!

Apparently Douglass Fake has produced a few, namely the 'Young Sherlock Holmes' recording sessions 2-cd boot. So i'm told anyway?

Apparently Douglass Fake has produced a few, namely the 'Young Sherlock Holmes' recording sessions 2-cd boot. So i'm told anyway?

Whoa!!!

Please don't drag Douglass Fake's excellent name and company into this; Intrada is a legit business. The YSH 2-CD is NOT a boot; it is a legitimate promo release done in association with the composer (in this case, Bruce Broughton). Promos are financed by the composer or his/her agent to promote their music; sometimes a label like Intrada does the actual pressing and a few of them are sold to the public to help cover the costs. This was YSH's case.

Whoa!!!

Please don't drag Douglass Fake's excellent name and company into this; Intrada is a legit business. The YSH 2-CD is NOT a boot; it is a legitimate promo release done in association with the composer (in this case, Bruce Broughton). Promos are financed by the composer or his/her agent to promote their music; sometimes a label like Intrada does the actual pressing and a few of them are sold to the public to help cover the costs. This was YSH's case.

I am talking about an unofficial bootleg release of the complete recording sessions on 2cd's some years back, not the Intrada promo which as you correctly state was endorsed by Broughton etc.

Douglass Fake is an excellent producer and I have much respect for him, just stating what I have been told.

I've got number 277 of the Monsignor/Missouri Breaks bootleg, paid $35 for it, and love it!! I still hope they eventually get round to releasing Monsignor officially though - it's a great score!