• 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

2. With two albums released, are we missing a lot of music?

Yes, because the second album (More Music From Braveheart) had only like 5 minutes of unreleased music to add to the original release. The rest was traditional Scottish music that didn't appear in the film, dialogue-only tracks, or tracks with music that was already on the original release (but this time, with dialogue over it).

2. With two albums released, are we missing a lot of music?

Yes, because the second album (More Music From Braveheart) had only like 5 minutes of unreleased music to add to the original release. The rest was traditional Scottish music that didn't appear in the film, dialogue-only tracks, or tracks with music that was already on the original release (but this time, with dialogue over it).

Little more then 5 minutes, but not much

So is the label's attitude ignorance or pure unwilligness?

A bit of both, I guess.

According to Filmtracks' we have all the highlights.

Maybe we do (don't remember if what's left unreleased is noteworthy or not), but there's still a lot missing.

So now that we're talking missing music anyway, how exactly do these things work? Did the label need Horner's permission to butcher his music, was he the one who picked the new tracks, or does the label do whatever it wants even if Horner had demanded a 5.1 surround sound DVD and three CDs?

These kind of major label expansions are pretty much always done with the composer's input.

It's our beloved specialty labels that sometimes get to make perfect expansions without any composer interference (especially because a lot of times the composer has passed when the specialty label is working on it)

But what there is is crucial, i. e. film version of 'For the Love of a Princess' and a brute attack cue for the beginning of the Falkirk battle. I guess there is some more variety to it than the endless same-y repeats of the Murron love theme on the album.

It's the concert version, so yeah. Horner could have included the delirious schmaltz bridge in the end credits instead of just repeating the concert version but wish in one hand, shit in the other...

It's not a very varied score, though, so i am not sure i even need the original album. An academic debate, since i traded it on ebay anyway. Or better, gifted...

It's really only nitpicking about semantics. Williams also writes album versions of his main themes but they are routinely dubbed concert versions for good reason. If the score is popular enough that's what will be played in concerts.

Well the film is historically inaccurate, you can't deny that, but the bigger picture remains that Scotland was/is being governed by someone else.

Someone else? Mel Gibson might have made you think that but it's inaccurate I'm afraid. They're a part of the UK mate, they voted in a referendum to continue to be at the end of last year.

But if you look at it logically, it doesn't make sense. Scotland is a country on its own with its own history and culture, so why shouldn't the Scots have their proper government? Why shouldn't the English have their own government? I'm not being anti-British here, but the UK doesn't make sense to me because there's clearly not a strong UK identity. (Am I allowed to post such things here?)

That doesn't make much sense mate.

We have the EU, even though there's virtually no united European identity in any of the population anywhere.

The United Kingdom makes perfect sense when seen in its proper historical and geographical context.

Great Britain is afterall an island.

You are Belgian right? To many of us who aren't from Belgium your whole socio/political system between the Flemish and the Wallonians make no sense.

Well I'm not a big fan of the EU either...

Yeah, though I'm sure its had its uses. And we didn't have a third world war here so...

Suuure!

Anyway, I agree with Lee.

Braveheart is a smashing film, but really not one that should be confused with actual history. Nor should we draw any political conclusions from it.

Watch The Thick Of It for that, Manneke!

But if you look at it logically, it doesn't make sense. Scotland is a country on its own with its own history and culture, so why shouldn't the Scots have their proper government? Why shouldn't the English have their own government? I'm not being anti-British here, but the UK doesn't make sense to me because there's clearly not a strong UK identity. (Am I allowed to post such things here?)

04 - In order to avoid controversial off-topic debates, political and religious references are NOT ALLOWED ON ANY OF THE FORUMS.

Bye!

:wave:

It was nice knowing you.