Actors that you (don't) want to see again

MSM

Name some actors or better, movie stars that keep showing up in movies though YOU think they don't deserve it (that is, regarding acting qualities).

Then name some actors that you think are underused or should be in a lot more movies because of their talents! Just pick a few.

I don't like:

1) Liam Neeson. He is just always Liam Neeson. He is the same person in TPM, in Batman Begins, in Kingdom of Heaven. I don't like his presence, he has no charisma, he is just not convincing to me in his roles. His expressions and his emotional range are very limited.

2) Bill Pullman. Bit of the same story. No charisma, emotionally flat.

3) Ed Harris. Same story. Some strong roles but very limited as an actor.

4) Colin Farrell. I just don't like him.

5) Ben Affleck. I just don't like him.

6) Brandon Routh. Because of his lame Superman interpretation.

I'd like to see more often:

1) Jodie Foster. She's not only one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, she's a really impressive actress.

2) Nicole Kidman. I just like her.

3) Arnold Vosloo. Very intense actor with great charisma.

4) Michael Caine. Doing more films nowadays. Great character player.

5) Many stars that have quitted acting and many that I can't think of now.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something about Brendon Fraiser's performance in The Mummy films that makes me like him at times and hate him other times.

Liam Neeson???

No charisma????

please.............

True. He doesn't always impress me, but when he fits a role, he's cool. Which is why I don't agree with the "always plays the same roles = bad actor" rule. There are many actors who are limited, but damn good when they're playing their right role.

Anyway, more power to Stephen Tobolowsky.

If we are talking strictly about acting ability:

Jessica Alba

Keanu Reeves

Jake Lloyd

Halle Berry

Denise Richards

Regina King

Dane Cook

Paul Walker

Lindsay Lohan

Kate Bosworth

David Hasselhoff

Steven Segal

Tara Reid

Matthew Lillard

Kristanna Loken

I'm sure I know more, but I can't think of any.

I would like to see less of...

Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Charlie Sheen, Renee Zellwigger, Sarah Jessica Parker and the rest of those cougars from Sex in the City (I'm sorry, but SJP looks like a foot),

I would like to see more of...

Amy Reid, Jenna Jameson, Eva Angelina, Jenna Haze, Bree Olson, Ashlynn Brooke, Briana Banks :|

Name some actors or better, movie stars that keep showing up in movies though YOU think they don't deserve it (that is, regarding acting qualities).

Then name some actors that you think are underused or should be in a lot more movies because of their talents! Just pick a few.

I don't like:

1) Liam Neeson. He is just always Liam Neeson. He is the same person in TPM, in Batman Begins, in Kingdom of Heaven. I don't like his presence, he has no charisma, he is just not convincing to me in his roles. His expressions and his emotional range are very limited.

2) Bill Pullman. Bit of the same story. No charisma, emotionally flat.

3) Ed Harris. Same story. Some strong roles but very limited as an actor.

4) Colin Farrell. I just don't like him.

5) Ben Affleck. I just don't like him.

6) Brandon Routh. Because of his lame Superman interpretation.

I'd like to see more often:

1) Jodie Foster. She's not only one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, she's a really impressive actress.

2) Nicole Kidman. I just like her.

3) Arnold Vosloo. Very intense actor with great charisma.

4) Michael Caine. Doing more films nowadays. Great character player.

5) Many stars that have quitted acting and many that I can't think of now.

So you want less of Liam Neeson and more of Vosloo? Bizarre...

Get Brendon Fraiser out of cinema.

No way.

Get Nicolas Cage out of cinema. An appalling actor whose Oscar win for Leaving Las Vegas was an absolute sham.

I now avoid Cage's films like the plague, the last one I saw in its entirety being Gone in Sixty Seconds back in 2000. A despicably awful film, one in which I can doubtlessly say I will not watch even another second of ever again in my lifetime.

Just take a look at this clip from

featuring one of his most diabolical performances ever. The film is a benchmark in how to stink up a room to the critical level of legendary terribleness. It's tear-inducing stuff.

You thought The Wicker Man was the worst he could possibly get? You thought wrong.

That's mild compared to Paris Hilton's cringe-inducing performance in HOUSE OF WAX

That's mild compared to Paris Hilton's cringe-inducing performance in HOUSE OF WAX

House of Wax can't send me into a laughing frenzy like Deadfall and Wicker Man can. That was just "cringe-inducing", All I did was roll my eyes at her incredibly lame performance.

I've only seen Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction, but I'd be hard pressed to think of any other actor fitting that role so well.

Nicholas Cage may be limited, but again he can be good in the right role. Lord of War, for example. Or the underrated Snake Eyes, where he successfully comes across as the unlikeable but ultimately (mostly) good guy.

Nothing wrong with Paltrow in Se7en (small role) or Great Expectations.

Jessica Alba, or any other "actress" who is basically a marketing tool aimed at horny teenage boys.

There's no actors I don't want to see . . . mostly actors I'd like to see in good roles. But it seems how good an actor/actress is largely depends on preference as well as skill. I'm sure few would doubt how well Tom Cruise can act, but does anybody really like him? No. Still, that'll make people not want to see him again.

Now take Colin Farrell for instance. He's an adequate actor but name a movie worthwhile that he's been in. Minority Report. And I think that's about it. I've seen him in flicks like Daredevil (which I actually like for what it is) as well as crap like S.W.A.T. and that CIA flick (the name escapes me). Let's not forget Phone Booth. None of those movies had any balls though. It's easy to say I don't want to see an actor when they star in the same poo and let's face it, most of it is the same poo. From what I hear, In Bruges is quite good but I've yet to see that.

I guess if I had to choose, Adam Sandler is a guy I haven't found amusing in a long time. Drew Barrymore hit her peak with E.T. But I'd rather see these actors in better movies, than not see them at all. Hell, if I was an actor and they wanted to pay me to star in crap like I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry . . . you bet your ass I'd be on it (so to speak) and I'd be laughing all the way to the bank. That's what they do; they get paid to act despite the quality of the flick.

Now take Colin Farrell for instance. He's an adequate actor but name a movie worthwhile that he's been in. Minority Report.

In Bruges

wasn't too bad in Cassandra's Dream either

Eh, I actually couldn't stand him but Ben Affleck was simply great in Hollywoodland.

Adam Sandler is a very good actor. He is more than just a "wild and crazy" guy. I will always love him for his part in Punch-Drunk Love.

Now, Jessica Alba, that's another thing.

Will Ferrell used to be hilarious. Not anymore.

Was he ever hilarious? I've not seen one of his films because he has absolutely no character appeal.

One actor I would like to see more of is Michael Rooker from Days of Thunder and Cliffhanger. He's only a supporting actor but all the films I have seen with him in it he has really turned in a solid performance.

Elf and Anchorman were kinda amusing.

Talladega Nights was actually funny

Blades of Glory and Semi-Pro were appalling.

I have no plan on seeing Step Brothers

Will Ferrell used to be hilarious. Not anymore.

Was he ever hilarious? I've not seen one of his films because he has absolutely no character appeal.

One actor I would like to see more of is Michael Rooker from Days of Thunder and Cliffhanger. He's only a supporting actor but all the films I have seen with him in it he has really turned in a solid performance.

Rooker was pretty good in that movie Slither, and he was also good in JFK. He comes across as a really scary tough guy.

1) Liam Neeson. He is just always Liam Neeson. He is the same person in TPM, in Batman Begins, in Kingdom of Heaven.

Maybe that's because in all three roles he plays a mentor?

I don't like his presence, he has no charisma, he is just not convincing to me in his roles. His expressions and his emotional range are very limited.

Absolute rubbish. Watch BATMAN BEGINS. The scene where Bruce is recovering after falling through the ice, Ducard talks about losing his wife and the expression of how the loss still affects him is haunting, and is an amazing emotionally expressive moment.

Not to mention other great roles he's played in flicks like KINSEY, MICHAEL COLLINS, SCHINDLER'S LIST, KRULL.

1) Liam Neeson. He is just always Liam Neeson. He is the same person in TPM, in Batman Begins, in Kingdom of Heaven.

Maybe that's because in all three roles he plays a mentor?

I don't like his presence, he has no charisma, he is just not convincing to me in his roles. His expressions and his emotional range are very limited.

Absolute rubbish. Watch BATMAN BEGINS. The scene where Bruce is recovering after falling through the ice, Ducard talks about losing his wife and the expression of how the loss still affects him is haunting, and is an amazing emotionally expressive moment.

Not to mention other great roles he's played in flicks like KINSEY, MICHAEL COLLINS, SCHINDLER'S LIST, KRULL.

Ok, it's just my view. I haven't seen Schindler so I cannot judge from that one. But I stand by my opnion that e.g. tman Begins he is no convincing opponent. He is just Liam Neeson in every frame he is in. And that would be good in some roles, e.g. in Schindler of in Les Miserables, but not there.

While I can't agree with you here, I would like to know what was the last movie where Neeson's character didn't die?

I like Laboef. He's a good young up and comer that has been solid in everything I've seen him in. I'll third or fourth (whatever it's up to now) Geoffery Rush. And, as Marc's comment in another thread reminded me, I'll watch anything with Nathan Fillion.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Matthew Fox. He hasn't really been given some good roles to work with, apart from Lost, I've only liked him in Speed Racer.

I would like some more Leonardo DiCaprio, but that's not a problem because he's pretty much A-list now and has quite a few movies coming out.

Christian Bale is a given, but he seems to be takling huge projects. Batman, Terminator, and possibly Robin Hood. I would love to see him in some smaller movies that aren't huge blockbusters.

Amy Reid, Jenna Jameson, Eva Angelina, Jenna Haze, Bree Olson, Ashlynn Brooke, Briana Banks :cool:

Three of them are retired.

Aren't there like, hundreds of "movies" with these to keep you "juicy" for a lifetime?

Hm, maybe I should add Sasha Grey? :P

Surprising nobody mentions Hayden Christensen.

I haven't seen Schindler so I cannot judge from that one. But I stand by my opnion that e.g. tman Begins he is no convincing opponent. He is just Liam Neeson in every frame he is in. And that would be good in some roles, e.g. in Schindler of in Les Miserables, but not there.

Yeah, his Schindler's List performance is nothing like his Batman Begins performance. You ought to see the film. (Although it isn't a child-friendly adventure/fantasy film, so I doubt you're interested.)