Actors that you (don't) want to see again

MSM

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, get rid of Hayden Christensen. I forgot about him.

Christensen was bad in the prequels, but that is Lucas' fault, not Christensen's. He was absolutely fantastic in Shattered Glass.

Yes, get rid of Hayden Christensen. I forgot about him.

Christensen was bad in the prequels, but that is Lucas' fault, not Christensen's. He was absolutely fantastic in Shattered Glass.

Yes, either that or he was extremely well-casted. I love that film. It's almost better than Sidney Lumet.

Alex

I can't stand seeing Sigrid Thornton, Bryon Brown, Jacqueline McKenzie, Claudia Karvan, Ben Mendelsohn, Noni Hazlehurst, Colin Friels, Steve Bisley, and Lisa McCune in every single bloody Australian movie! Can't we train more actors, fair dinkum??

I can't stand seeing Sigrid Thornton, Bryon Brown, Jacqueline McKenzie, Claudia Karvan, Ben Mendelsohn, Noni Hazlehurst, Colin Friels, Steve Bisley, and Lisa McCune in every single bloody Australian movie! Can't we train more actors, fair dinkum??

And I guess Claudia Black's living in the US now.

What ever happened to Colm Meaney?

He's been doing TV work. He's going to be in the US version of the BBC series Life On Mars.

Some reaction about names raised here:

Liam Neeson. Fantastic actor. Hasn't done much of interest of late aside from Kingdom of Heaven, but a fine actor. Great performances in Schindler's List and Michael Collins.

Ed Harris. Great actor. He was stuck in a rut a few years back, but he got back on the ball with History of Violence and Gone Baby Gone.

Colin Farrell. Excellent actor. Got derailed by Alexander...but he's getting back there. Fantastic in Minority Report, Phone Booth (despite the director), In Bruges, Cassandra's Dream.

Ben Affleck. Can be good. But so far, best performances was in Chasing Amy.

Brad Pitt. Fantastic actor. Has a spark of insanity that is priceless. I hope the Coens bring it out in him.

Brendon Fraiser. Can be good, given the role. Was quite solid in Gods and Monsters, The Quiet American, and, yes, The Mummy movies.

Matt Damon. Good actor, but rather boring of late.

Halle Berry. Not a good actress at all.

Denise Richards. In no way an actress.

Tom Cruise. Can be good in Tom Cruise roles, can be great in non-Tom Cruise roles (Magnolia and Collateral stand out). Of course, can be terrible in ultra-Tom Cruise roles (M:I 2 comes to mind) and often, quite boring.

Renee Zellwegger. like her in Chicago and Jerry Maguire. That's about it.

Nicolas Cage. Forever I didn't care for him. Adaptation, Matchstick Men, and especially Lord of War changed my mind. Lord of War is still one of the best films of recent years.

Gweneth Paltrow. Excellent at best, unmemorable at worst. The former includes Proof and Shakespeare in Love, the latter Iron man.

Shia Lebeouf. Good young actor in Holes and Transformers. Miscast in a misconcieved role in Indy 4.

Hayden Christensen. I would like to think that he can act, he was excellent in Shattered Glass. But I havent' seen any other evidence.

I would like to know what was the last movie where Neeson's character didn't die?

Maybe he'll survive in Lincoln.

I have a feeling he won't, just a hunch.

Shia LaBeouf didn't feel natural to me. He fit much better in Transformers and Disturbia. He's a talented young actor, I'm sure he'll make it big one day.

He already has.

Some reaction about names raised here:

Liam Neeson. Fantastic actor. Hasn't done much of interest of late aside from Kingdom of Heaven, but a fine actor. Great performances in Schindler's List and Michael Collins.

Ed Harris. Great actor. He was stuck in a rut a few years back, but he got back on the ball with History of Violence and Gone Baby Gone.

Colin Farrell. Excellent actor. Got derailed by Alexander...but he's getting back there. Fantastic in Minority Report, Phone Booth (despite the director), In Bruges, Cassandra's Dream.

Ben Affleck. Can be good. But so far, best performances was in Chasing Amy.

Brad Pitt. Fantastic actor. Has a spark of insanity that is priceless. I hope the Coens bring it out in him.

Brendon Fraiser. Can be good, given the role. Was quite solid in Gods and Monsters, The Quiet American, and, yes, The Mummy movies.

Matt Damon. Good actor, but rather boring of late.

Halle Berry. Not a good actress at all.

Denise Richards. In no way an actress.

Tom Cruise. Can be good in Tom Cruise roles, can be great in non-Tom Cruise roles (Magnolia and Collateral stand out). Of course, can be terrible in ultra-Tom Cruise roles (M:I 2 comes to mind) and often, quite boring.

Renee Zellwegger. like her in Chicago and Jerry Maguire. That's about it.

Nicolas Cage. Forever I didn't care for him. Adaptation, Matchstick Men, and especially Lord of War changed my mind. Lord of War is still one of the best films of recent years.

Gweneth Paltrow. Excellent at best, unmemorable at worst. The former includes Proof and Shakespeare in Love, the latter Iron man.

Shia Lebeouf. Good young actor in Holes and Transformers. Miscast in a misconcieved role in Indy 4.

Hayden Christensen. I would like to think that he can act, he was excellent in Shattered Glass. But I havent' seen any other evidence.

I wholeheartedly agree, except that LeBeouff comment.

. Miscast in a misconcieved role in Indy 4.

I think he's one of the positives of the movie.

I agree. I was surprised that he could pull it off.

Yeah, I thought all the acting was excellent (although Karen Allen's was a bit shaky at times).

"Shaky" because the content of her scenes was unbelievably corny. That wasn't Marion Ravenwood we got to see up there. Who wrote her scenes anyway? Not Darabont, I'm sure.

Christian Bale is a given, but he seems to be takling huge projects. Batman, Terminator, and possibly Robin Hood. I would love to see him in some smaller movies that aren't huge blockbusters.

Good pick but indeed very active these days. He is like a Tom Cruise who can act. I wonder, they really want him for all the big lead roles. Even James Bond and Superman he was considered for I believe. Isn't that peculiar?

I haven't seen Schindler so I cannot judge from that one. But I stand by my opnion that e.g. tman Begins he is no convincing opponent. He is just Liam Neeson in every frame he is in. And that would be good in some roles, e.g. in Schindler of in Les Miserables, but not there.

Yeah, his Schindler's List performance is nothing like his Batman Begins performance. You ought to see the film. (Although it isn't a child-friendly adventure/fantasy film, so I doubt you're interested.)

Frankly, no :flameblob:

He already has.

Are you talking about the travesty that was Transformers?

Despite how bad that movie was, it did get LeBeouf a lot of attention, which probably led to him being cast as Indy Jr.

He already has.

Are you talking about the travesty that was Transformers?

Despite how bad that movie was, it did get LeBeouf a lot of attention, which probably led to him being cast as Indy Jr.

Considering Spielberg produced, I'd say that is correct.

It'll be great to see Steve Guttenberg on the big screen again. Now that Cocoon 3 has been given the green light at Fox, and the stellar cast attached to it. Expect to see Kirk Douglas, Paul Newman, Shirley MacLaine, Brian Dennehy, Robert Redford, Joanne Woodward and Tahnee Welch frolicking in the pool. Now that'll be some orgy!!! Anyone for snails and oysters???

No more Kevin Costner. The man can't act his way out of a paper bag (has absolutely NO emotion) and can't direct (Wyatt Earp...what a missed opportunity...Tombstone kicked it's ass).

The only good work he has done for film was in Silverado as a supporting character, I believe his first major film.

Jamesyboy

No more Kevin Costner. The man can't act his way out of a paper bag (has absolutely NO emotion) and can't direct (Wyatt Earp...what a missed opportunity...Tombstone kicked it's ass).

The only good work he has done for film was in Silverado as a supporting character, I believe his first major film.

Jamesyboy

"Dances with Wolves"?

I wouldn't mind not seeing John Travolta again. On the other hand, I would definitelly like to watch more of Rutger Hauer thesedays.

Kostner was soooooooo good in Mr. Brooks. It's back to the drawing board for you, James. Forget the things so supposedly have learned and start again from scratch.

"Dances with Wolves"?

I found it to be incredibly long and boring (keep in mind, I saw pre-screening of the unedited version).

Kevin just falls flat for me. His acting is the same in all the films I've seen him in. Just no emotion, he's very flat.

Now, I haven't seen him in Mr. Brooks...maybe I'll try and indure.

Jamesyboy - you guys have got to admit, Waterworld, Wyatt Earp and Postman all were pretty damn bad.

While I agree Costner isn't the most versatile actor I thought he was good in Dances as both director and star. it's one of my favotite films.

Lawarance Kasdan direct Wyatt Earp, not Costner.

I was suprised upon my first viewing of Waterworld, it's actually entertaining for what it is. Based on all the negative word I was expecting something much worse.

Jamesyboy

"Dances with Wolves"?

I wouldn't mind not seeing John Travolta again. On the other hand, I would definitelly like to watch more of Rutger Hauer thesedays.

I can agree with you on Travolta although in Face/Off he was quite convincing.

Yeah, I thought all the acting was excellent (although Karen Allen's was a bit shaky at times).

"Shaky" because the content of her scenes was unbelievably corny. That wasn't Marion Ravenwood we got to see up there. Who wrote her scenes anyway? Not Darabont, I'm sure.

Amazingly, Koepp actually called Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders screenwriter) for advice on writing those scenes. Looks like any efforts Kasdan made were in vain.

I haven't seen Schindler so I cannot judge from that one. But I stand by my opnion that e.g. tman Begins he is no convincing opponent. He is just Liam Neeson in every frame he is in. And that would be good in some roles, e.g. in Schindler of in Les Miserables, but not there.

Yeah, his Schindler's List performance is nothing like his Batman Begins performance. You ought to see the film. (Although it isn't a child-friendly adventure/fantasy film, so I doubt you're interested.)

Frankly, no :angry:

Well, that really is your loss. Doesn't having a very narrow spectrum of interests get boring?

Jamesyboy

"Dances with Wolves"?

I can agree with you on Travolta although in Face/Off he was quite convincing.

OMG what an awful film Face/off that one is really bottom of the barrel.

"Shut up"? Is that any way for a Moderator to react? You have the power- HE QUESTIONED YOU- BAN HIM!

Stefan would have the courage to do the correct thing. This is not a goddamn Democracy!

Morlock- :P

Jennifer Connely is a walking human stick figure, eat a ****ing hamburger you stupid *****.

"Shut up"? Is that any way for a Moderator to react? You have the power- HE QUESTIONED YOU- BAN HIM!

Morlock- :P

My grumpiness is far too powerful.....

if only she looked that good Stefan, she hasn't looked that pretty in years, she's gone way to thin, skeletal women lose their beauty.

The most beautiful woman in the world...if only we can get to see more of her

sigourney-weaver-6.jpg