Actors that you (don't) want to see again

MSM

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you haven't seen her lately, heroin chic is about right. she's a coke head from what I've heard.

if only she looked that good Stefan, she hasn't looked that pretty in years, she's gone way to thin, skeletal women lose their beauty.

I prefer to call it heroine-chic.....

Angelina Jolie looked sickly thin in Wanted .She's seen better days

Jennifer Connely is a walking human stick figure, eat a ****ing hamburger you stupid *****.

She's not that skinny.

At least not in her chest

No more Kevin Costner. The man can't act his way out of a paper bag (has absolutely NO emotion) and can't direct (Wyatt Earp...what a missed opportunity...Tombstone kicked it's ass).

The only good work he has done for film was in Silverado as a supporting character, I believe his first major film.

Jamesyboy

"Dances with Wolves"?

I wouldn't mind not seeing John Travolta again. On the other hand, I would definitelly like to watch more of Rutger Hauer thesedays.

I can agree with you on Travolta although in Face/Off he was quite convincing.

OMG what an awful film Face/off that one is really bottom of the barrel.

Great action movie and nice plastic surgery.

Yeah, I thought all the acting was excellent (although Karen Allen's was a bit shaky at times).

"Shaky" because the content of her scenes was unbelievably corny. That wasn't Marion Ravenwood we got to see up there. Who wrote her scenes anyway? Not Darabont, I'm sure.

Amazingly, Koepp actually called Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders screenwriter) for advice on writing those scenes. Looks like any efforts Kasdan made were in vain.

I haven't seen Schindler so I cannot judge from that one. But I stand by my opnion that e.g. tman Begins he is no convincing opponent. He is just Liam Neeson in every frame he is in. And that would be good in some roles, e.g. in Schindler of in Les Miserables, but not there.

Yeah, his Schindler's List performance is nothing like his Batman Begins performance. You ought to see the film. (Although it isn't a child-friendly adventure/fantasy film, so I doubt you're interested.)

Frankly, no :)

Well, that really is your loss. Doesn't having a very narrow spectrum of interests get boring?

I assume it does. I also assume that you're not regarding me as a member of that category, or something is severly wrong with your judgment.

I can't stand seeing Sigrid Thornton, Bryon Brown, Jacqueline McKenzie, Claudia Karvan, Ben Mendelsohn, Noni Hazlehurst, Colin Friels, Steve Bisley, and Lisa McCune in every single bloody Australian movie! Can't we train more actors, fair dinkum??

Bah, I know what you mean! Not only are they plaguing the movie industry, but every new drama that Nine comes up with stars one of them, or a Neighbours alumni! Just let a new generation come in, please!

On that note, would love to see some more of the Working Dog team, but in bigger roles than just behind the scenes and peripheral characters. I have to see Rob Sitch play a main character on the big screen. I just have to.

I don't want to see Angelina, Will Ferrel, Matthew McConaughey, Alan Dale (he's in bloody EVERYTHING), Mike Myers, Johnny Depp (blasphemy for some, but he's been bombarding us for a decade now), Adam Sandler (in fact, most of the ex-SNL team)...

I don't want to see Steve Carrell play the same character in another movie, but I do like him and think he's hilarious in a few things. I don't want him to turn all dramatic and serious, just find a new character! Same for Jason Bateman. He did great in The Kingdom, more diverse roles!

I do want to see more of Shia, Cate Blanchett in less serious roles (she was fun in Indy 4), Hugh Jackman (oh, how I love him), Ian McKellan (bring on The Hobbit!!), Josh Holloway (often overlooked for his work on LOST), Terry O'Quinn, Eva Green, Jennifer Garner (also loved her in The Kingdom, Eliza Dushku (I have to wait till January!!!)

Oh, and my last two - which have nothing to do with what I've been watching lately - are Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris. I think I'm in love with both of them.

Alan Dale (he's in bloody EVERYTHING)

That's because he's bloody AMAZING! Even if he does play the same character in everything, from The OC to Ugly Betty to Lost....

Seriously though, as Charles Widmore he's absolutely chilling. I'm so glad his tiny role as Penny's father has evolved into one so significant. His bedside chat with Ben last season makes me highly anticipate further encounters between the two!

Eh, right...

Well let's just say you are the first person in my life that ever told me I have "a narrow spectrum of interests". But no matter, someone has to be the first to point it out ;)

I heard a lot of murmers of recognition when he came on in Indy 4.

Yeah, my brother and I glanced at each other in surprise when he appeared. It was especially random since he was actually playing a "good guy."

That was a strange scene, with him and Janitor.

I could do with less Russel Crowe.

More of Chitewel Ejiofor. A great under utilized actor.

I love Crowe. And I think Ejiofor is getting plenty of attention recently. His most recent performance, in Redbelt, is excellent.

Morlock- who still wants to see Kinky Boots

And I (and it seems most of the rest of the theatre) only recognised the Janitor. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Neil Flynn.

And I (and it seems most of the rest of the theatre) only recognised the Janitor. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Neil Flynn.

He's around in small roles. I think his last movies were Mean Girls and Hoot. He tends to play the cop role often. The Fugitive, Home Alone 3, etc. I'll always love the Scrubs episode where J.D. is watching The Fugitive and Neil Flynn tells Kimble to freeze on the train, to which J.D. goes "Janitor!" I said the same thing when I saw him in Indy 4 ;)

He's around in small roles. I think his last movies were Mean Girls and Hoot. He tends to play the cop role often. The Fugitive, Home Alone 3, etc. I'll always love the Scrubs episode where J.D. is watching The Fugitive and Neil Flynn tells Kimble to freeze on the train, to which J.D. goes "Janitor!" I said the same thing when I saw him in Indy 4 ;)

Yeah, I did too. I couldn't concentrate on the supposedly serious role he was playing.

I think it's possible that Spielberg is a Scrubs fan, and loved the inside joke of having Janitor in another Harrison Ford film.

My daughter started laughing during that scene when she realized Neil Flynn was on screen.

This may be an obvious one, but I'd dearly love to see Heath Ledger again, after his masterful performance in The Dark Knight.

The tragedy of this loss is being felt all over agaain now that we have seen his last role.

Clicking on the link would have taken less time than typing, "I didn't bother clicking on your link, but I assume it's Doctor Parnasuss."