Anybody watch Seinfeld?

indy4

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a full episode of SEINFELD...could never watch Jerry and those big horse teeth of his.

answer this Scratch what is muligatawny?

A kind of soup, referenced in The Soup Nazi episode. I'm not much of a soup guy, so I don't know exactly what is in it. But, that too, was a reference to the show.

Elaine discovers the Soup Nazi's recipes and puts him out of business.

SOUP NAZI: You. You think you can get soup? Please. You're wastingeveryone's time.

ELAINE: I don't want soup. I can make my own soup. " 5 cups chopped Porcinemushrooms, half a cup of olive oil, 3 pounds celery."

SOUP NAZI: That is my recipe for wild mushroom.

ELAINE: Yeah, that's right. I got 'em all. Cold cucumber, corn and crab chowder, mulligatawny.

SOUP NAZI: Mulliga...tawny?

ELAINE: You're through Soup Nazi. Pack it up. No more soup for you. Next!

suffice it to say if you're doing this off the top of your head, then you are really passionate about the show.

All in all, I'd rather watch Coupling.

All in all, I'd rather floss mother's teeth

suffice it to say if you're doing this off the top of your head, then you are really passionate about the show.

The dialogue from the show I get from seinfeldscripts.com, I remember quite a bit of it but not word for word like that. I've been a fan since day one, I watched the pilot when it was aired under the title "The Seinfeld Chronicles" and I have liked it ever since. I have all of the DVDs of course and recently over the last six months I've watched each episode twice, once by itself and a second time with the DVD trivia track, so yeah they are very fresh on the brain right now.

Seinfeld is hilarious. And am I the only one that actually thought season 8 was one of the funniest? They didn't start slipping until the final season, IMO. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I have 3 favorite TV shows of all time: The Twilight Zone, Columbo, and Seinfeld. Who agrees with me? :rolleyes:

The original Twilight Zone and Seinfeld are the only shows that I own the whole series on DVD. The Muppet Show will be in that category once all seasons are released. I'm currently in the process of watching every Twilight Zone episode.

1. The Office (American)

2. Seinfeld

3. Star Trek (original series)

4. The Twilight Zone (original)

The first three are, for the most part, interchangable.

The dialogue from the show I get from seinfeldscripts.com, I remember quite a bit of it but not word for word like that. I've been a fan since day one, I watched the pilot when it was aired under the title "The Seinfeld Chronicles" and I have liked it ever since. I have all of the DVDs of course and recently over the last six months I've watched each episode twice, once by itself and a second time with the DVD trivia track, so yeah they are very fresh on the brain right now.

MrScratch is the Master of his Domain! :D

Jamesyboy

answer this Scratch what is muligatawny?

A kind of soup, referenced in The Soup Nazi episode. I'm not much of a soup guy, so I don't know exactly what is in it. But, that too, was a reference to the show.

Elaine discovers the Soup Nazi's recipes and puts him out of business.

SOUP NAZI: You. You think you can get soup? Please. You're wastingeveryone's time.

ELAINE: I don't want soup. I can make my own soup. " 5 cups chopped Porcinemushrooms, half a cup of olive oil, 3 pounds celery."

SOUP NAZI: That is my recipe for wild mushroom.

ELAINE: Yeah, that's right. I got 'em all. Cold cucumber, corn and crab chowder, mulligatawny.

SOUP NAZI: Mulliga...tawny?

ELAINE: You're through Soup Nazi. Pack it up. No more soup for you. Next!

I love this scene! The expression on Elaine's face is priceless.

The best part of the episode is when Elaine tries to order soup from the Soup Nazi the first time, I couldn't stop laughing.

Her expression after she throws George's topay out the window is hilarious.

And there you go acting like Joe again.
no Indy, this time Koray is correct.

Meaning: Joe is never correct.

what is that? dutch logic?

Of course the masterbation episode was vulgar. Vulgarity is rarely ever brainy.

Not so. It's vague in its subject matter since the word "masturbation" never even mentioned, they skirted around the subject. It's all implied, which makes it funny.

Of course the masterbation episode was vulgar. Vulgarity is rarely ever brainy.

Not so. It's vague in its subject matter since the word "masturbation" never even mentioned, they skirted around the subject. It's all implied, which makes it funny.

Drax, I totally agree with you. All I have to say is master of my domain! :blink:

Why do you insult me, while I did nothing to you?

it is Steef, though I prefer it if strangers call me Mr. Cosman.

Don't you remember the Seinfeld where Kramer accused Jerry of being an anti-dentite, Mr. Cosman?

• 3 weeks later...

With all the self- references and returns in later seasons, it's an unforgivable sin - I think the only one in the entire 9 years - that they never brought back Ackman the Healer.

Such a superb scene, and thrown away completely.

• 1 year later...

Not just an episode, but the whole season. This season's story arc is that Seinfeld comes back on the air. It's going to be hilarious.

Where's the documentation for it being a whole season? If that's true this'll be awesome!

Source

Meanwhile, in other news, Entertainment Weekly reports that the cast of Seinfeld - Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards - are set to appear in a multi-episode arc on Curb Your Enthusiasm season 7.

From Wikipedia:

Season 7 (2009) — The new season will start on HBO on September 20, 2009.[1]. A major arc in the season will be Larry David reuniting the cast of Seinfeld for a reunion episode. Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, Michael Richards, Wayne Knight, Len Lesser, Estelle Harris and Jerry Stiller have all been confirmed for the reunion, reprising their roles from the classic sitcom. Cheryl Hines has confirmed that she will be returning to the show.[3] Additionally it was reported in the April 27, 2009 issue of People Magazine that Vivica A. Fox will be returning to the series. In response as to whether she would be Larry's wife on the show, all she says is "Larry David is my man! And I am still making his life chaotic." It has since been confirmed that she will be in a relationship with Larry when the season begins. Christian Slater, Catherine O'Hara and Meg Ryan are also set to appear.

There is an HBO on-demand featurette entitled "Not a Reunion" that is all about the fictional Seinfeld cast reunion as a story arc in this new season. It is unclear though just how many episodes will feature the Seinfeld cast together. I get the impression that it will not be until the final episode(s) of the Curb season. They rebuilt the old sets for Jerry's apartment and Monks Diner, Newman is in it as well as Larry Charles, Georges mother and Kenny Banya among others. Wayne Knight appears to have put back on some of his weight. If you have HBO I recommend watching this, it's a little over 20 minutes long.