RonBurbella

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor do I.

Could someone be so kind?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe someone tried, but your inbox is full?

Those covers have the same design as last year concerts, and the same as Harbison's Symphony 5! (which is, by the way, an outstanding work) Good job, Miguel!

Are links to the files OK?

I wouldn't normally ask, but I just saw that the homepage has links to illegal youtube vids of the concert, so I'm wondering if that means links to audio files are OK in this case?

Here's Marion's Theme on youtube. The video description has a link to the audio file.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I4wVcgW3yQE

I'd consider it the honor of my life if that also got a mention on the homepage :blink:

I took a snapshot of Miguel's cover... hope that's OK

Thanks for asking first :blink:

I didn't mean to be rude, it just never occured to me to ask you and I didn't think you'd mind especially since I doubt very much you own the photos of Tanglewood and the performers you used.

Sorry, I didn't realize you actually owned any of the photos of Tanglewood and performers you used,

I didn't mean to be rude, it just never occured to me to ask you.

The photos are no more yours than the audio is mine.

What kind of apology is that? :cool:

Sorry, I didn't realize you actually owned any of the photos of Tanglewood and performers you used,

It wasn't an apology at all.

I was just stating that I didn't think he'd mind and I wasn't intending to be rude

It wasn't an apology at all.

I was just stating that I didn't think he'd mind and I wasn't intending to be rude

Great... one of the nicest and most generous man from this site returns and all you know to do is to be rude (in NOT APOLOGIZING after he stated that it indeed bothers him if people take snapshots from things he has created)

It#s not importatant if you think that it doesnt bother him.. it is important what miguel thinks and it indeed bothers him.. and you "didn't meant, haven't thought" - that could be the excuse of a 7 year old

Well, if it wasn't intended to be rude, it could have been less sarcastic.

I happen to love sarcasm, I did edit my post a little though.

The opening scene of Raiders has some new or previously unheard music. The orchestra plays while Belloque and Indy talk just before Flight from Peru, but in the actual film, that moment is unscored.

It's getting late here, but maybe tomorrow I'll sync up the recording from the concert with the actual film. Some different orchestrations as well and some new flourishes in Flight from Peru.

Just checking,,, youtube links are cool, right?

In case I missed something in skimming the thread, does anyone have the performance of Irina's Theme?

I think Hunter recorded the whole show.

I recorded some of the second half, but actually forgot to press record for that piece.

I kicked myself when I realized my mistake.

The piece sounded great, from memory it had an expanded / new intro.

By the love of God. This concert version of Marion's theme is worth any 'suffering' with Indy IV.

If they hadnt made the movie, we wouldnt have this amazing piece. We need a CD release now :cool:

Are links to the files OK?

No.

Just checking,,, youtube links are cool, right?

Yes.

Thanks for clearing that up... I don't quite understand the distinction, but I guess I don't need to :cool:

Here's the Raider's opening sequence:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2AFYeJmvRU0

New Indiana Jones music for Raiders. Never thought I'd see the day :cool:

Anybody have Irina's Theme? It's my favorite so I'm hoping somebody recorded this one!

A revised Raiders opening score? It certainly isn't improved, but as long as they don't add it to the film I don't care.

A revised Raiders opening score? It certainly isn't improved, but as long as they don't add it to the film I don't care.

No dude, Supposedly The belloq sequence had music.

That's both unused and unreleased.

How much music could be like that in those movies...

Hm I think Williams just put out the score and forgot hat this isnt in the movie (or shouldn't be)

I always thought of the Bar Fight in nepal.. this is I think the only fist fight without music

Meh. It works pretty doggone well as is. I wouldn't mind discovering an unused cue, but I'm not hurting for it to be used either.

Williams should record another Spielberg/Williams album with the Boston Pops - Marion's Theme included... and what other selections?

On a side note, what an uneducated audience it was! They applauded all the time, even when the orchestra hadn't finished performing yet (like in Irina's theme... they started to applaude when the video finished, but the whole coda was still being played!).

Yes, that's for sure. I was at this concert, and I was not very happy with them drowning out the music before it ended.

This was the experience of a lifetime for me. I finally got to see my favorite film composer, as well as my second favorite conductor and orchestra. I was hoping to get his autograph, but he didn't come out after the concert. At least the music was wonderful (of course!)

I was very excited when he played Olympic Spirit. That is my favorite JW non-film piece, and I wanted so badly to hear it in concert. I didn't expect him to play it though, because its not film music. I was so surprised I didn't even pay attention for the first couple seconds! I was also glad that he did Flight to Neverland and the Flying Theme from ET. (two of my favorites).

The one thing I didn't like was that we didn't have a very good view. The rows of seats at Tanglewood are not steep enough to allow people to see over the oones in front of them, and we got probably the two tallest people in front of us! (I can't afford to get seats up front, unfortunately. Maybe when I graduate.)

Are you sure? This music isn't on the written score, nor has it ever surfaced on a bootleg... Is it not unreasonable to think that Williams composed this music so that the 7-minute presentation would be fully scored?

Great... one of the nicest and most generous man from this site returns and all you know to do is to be rude (in NOT APOLOGIZING after he stated that it indeed bothers him if people take snapshots from things he has created)

It#s not importatant if you think that it doesnt bother him.. it is important what miguel thinks and it indeed bothers him.. and you "didn't meant, haven't thought" - that could be the excuse of a 7 year old

Miguel told me one of the reasons he left the MB is because I criticized the Rita Dove poems on The Unfinished Journey ,so I am not sure who is acting like a hypersensitive 7 year old. Since he's one of the persons I like on the MB that totally came out of left field . I am sure he didn't forget to record Irena's Theme...which I still haven't heard.

Hello everyone who PM me or left a message on here concerning a copy of the Tanglewood recording!

I wanted to give you all an update, as I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath to hear it, so you wouldn't think I forgot about everyone. I have been going through and editing the recording, which is surprisingly taking a good amount of time since life likes to get in the way. But I seem to have hit a slight snag, as far as uploading it, which I am looking into. Right now my computer is refusing to upload it to Megaupload or Rhapsody... and I believe I know why, I just have to see how to get around this new problem. So, I am sorry to keep everyone hanging, I am trying my hardest to get it uploaded but my computer is not cooperating. And for everyone's sake I hope I can get it uploaded.

Best regards to everyone,

~Hunter~

I don;t see how you could not use Megaupload unless some weird anti-sharing software was pre- installed on your PC or your from a Country that can't use the Megaupload service. .I'd try a different browser,sometimes Firefox bugs with Megaupload (problems loading the ads from the page ) and Internet Explorer must be used

anyways,nice to hear from you.

Miguel told me one of the reasons he left the MB is because I criticized the Rita Dove poems on The Unfinished Journey ,so I am not sure who is acting like a hypersensitive 7 year old. Since he's one of the persons I like on the MB that totally came out of left field . I am sure he didn't forget to record Irena's Theme...which I still haven't heard.

Mark, since you mentioned my name in public, I'll answer you in a similar way.

a) I left the forum because the overall atitude here, not because of your particular atitude;

b) You didn't criticized Rita Dove, Maya Angelou and Robert Pinsky poetry. You called it stupid;

c) I find it greatly offensive that you sugest that I'm being a "hypersensitive 7 year old", mainly if you right after say that you "like" me;

d) I sure didn't forget to record ANY Williams concert... as you surelly could have done as well... In case anyone's wondering, to record them I loose nights of sleep, so everyone can ask me for mp3s of them...

e) And, finally, I find it sad that you post this message and don't even bother to wait for me to reply to your PM... not that I will anymore.

Really... I don't belong here anymore, it's no ones fault, of course, only my own. I just shouldn't have returned.

I was going let that go, but argh nah.

I'm nice and generous too, but I think we need to be careful about using the word generous to describe the distribution of material we don't own.

I think nearly everyone here is happy to share tracks that no one else has.

I don't think it rude to not apologize when I see no reason to.

Miguel considers the cover his creation, I don't, at least not the small part I used which consisted of a photo of Tanglewood, the Tanglewood logo, and some text.

Migual and I exchanged a few PMs and we got things sorted out.

We disagree on a couple of things, but I offered to change the vid if it bothered him and he said there's no need.

If I had known he would have prefered to have been asked, I would have.

Again i made that video very quickly... upon realizing that I could share the music and not break the forum rules by posting it on youtube.

Miguel, your acting like you are more enlightened about JW than the rest of us and we are not worthy enough to deserve your posts anymore. That may not be the case but it is how it seems. I shouldn't have brought it up here as I see it got you even more mad.It's my mistake and it was impulsive but I had this on my chest for a while.

Yes,of course ,Miguel you are more enlightened about JW than the rest of us and we are not worthy enough to deserve your posts anymore. That may not be the case but it is how you are acting.

I don't see where he says or suggests such thing. If he doesn't like the place anymore, it's his feeling, period. There is no sense of superiority in his words, and I know him quite well.

In case anyone's wondering, to record them I loose nights of sleep, so everyone can ask me for mp3s of them...

A few disagreements doesn't mean the time you spend isn't appreciated.

I remember being very excited and grateful when I found your old site, the one with all those DVD excerpts and For Seizi, etc.

Before you leave can you send me the Mp3 of the concert?

I'm happy to edit it and share the tracks with people who would like to hear.

We all get "upset " about posts on the MB

I get upset when a Zimmer/MV/RC score gets overpraised

I get upset when Shore's LOTR is compared to the Star Wars scores,especially TESB.

I got upset the other day when Drax gave Temple of Doom 1 star compared to King Solomon's Mines.

But I get upset for 5 minutes and it's over and don't leave the MB for extended periods of time over it,.

K.M.

b) You didn't criticized Rita Dove, Maya Angelou and Robert Pinsky poetry. You called it stupid;

I despise all narration over JW music (Unfinished Journey, The Reivers Concert Suite , Angela's Ashes and War of the Worlds). We disagree about it, but it shouldn't be the basis of a full blown internet friendship ending arguement.

Last year at the Hollywood Bowl they played the first 9 minutes of Raiders, from the Paramount logo to Indy escaping the boulder live to picture. It was fantastic, and yes there is an officially unreleased section in there that has since surfaced on a bootleg, the short insert heard as the temple falls apart around Indy. Williams also played it here.

The short section heard as Belloq is talking to Indy sounds newly composed. There's no need for music there and it's probably there so that the musicians aren't sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

Thanks for uploading the videos though. They were fun to see.

Neil