Remakes, Redue's and Reboots...

Its a good movie, but perfection, I don't think so. Its a great modern B flick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd love to see a new version of The Wizard of Oz. Not a crappy version like Tin Man (which I didn't see and have actually heard good things about), but a solid filming of Baum's novel. Hopefully the first in a series.

Yes, something along the lines of Return to Oz that shows the darker side of the world, but less kid-oriented.

Absolutely. I love Return to Oz, incidentally; a very underappreciated movie.

She's cute but a terrible actress.

She is by no means a terrible actress. Jessica Alba is a terrible actress. Zooey has been great in everything I've seen her in, except maybe The Happening, but you can't blame her for she didn't have much to work with.

Zooey Deschanel a horrible actress?!?

That's news to me, too. She's been good in everything I've seen her in, including The Happening.

I thought all the acting in The Happening was either good or bad, at times it was great, at times it sucked.

And that's coming from a huge fan of The Happening.

Give it up, Alex, saying ET is based on The Wizard of Oz is too unbelievable a stretch. The Wizard of Oz is a grand adventure story that takes place in a mythical country with fantastical beings that don't exist. The plot of ET never leaves Elliot's neighborhood, and the woods a few miles up the road isn't quite far enough away.

Amazing.

She is by no means a terrible actress. Jessica Alba is a terrible actress. Zooey has been great in everything I've seen her in, except maybe The Happening, but you can't blame her for she didn't have much to work with.

That's news to me, too. She's been good in everything I've seen her in, including The Happening.

she was horrible in the Happening, she was so bug eyed, I was hoping the Happening would Happen to her.

In 1982, that was Spielberg's planned sequel for ET. Until he realized it was a really, really bad idea.

But then Williams could have created another rival for ESB in the podium :blink:

I'd like to see Danny Elfman score the next Pee-Wee Herman movie. Not sure that would be a remake, redux, or reboot, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

she was horrible in the Happening, she was so bug eyed, I was hoping the Happening would Happen to her.

You obviously don't like the way she physically looks. Bug-eyed does not mean bad actress.