Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Delayed

Lurker

this is the least effects driven of the 8 films, the film has finished post production, there are to be little if any reshoots, the film is going to sit and wait for a prime release date. If it were bad, or failing with test audiences, which I doubt its even been tested yet, it would have been left to die at its november release.

Regardless of the cost of the movie it will in the end be hugely profitable. The advent of dvd sales guarantee's it.

the prediction that it won't make 300 million is probably sound since only 1 has made 300 + million

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but again Joe, you say stuff like "the film has finished post production, there are to be little if any reshoots", and yet you criticize others for posting what you consider 'total crap' - where are your sources for all these facts?

And your claim that they have finished post production, with 3 months until the intended release is to be honest laughable. Rotk was barely completed on time, and I don't think there's any shortage of effects - I've seen enough making of documentaries to know that the smallest things in a film like this are done in the computer.

And even if they did test the movie and it sucked, it's surely a gigantic source of revenue for WB, why in their right mind would they just say 'hey, the test audience didn't like this, but let's just see how it does anyway'.

This series is considered to be the Harry Potter for teens

Huh? Harry Potter is NOT for teens?

It is but Harry Potter appealed to a more of a pre-teen/young teen audience. Twilight is more for the hormonal/angst teens.

Yes, the "next Harry Potter" label given to Twilight is ridiculous, not only because those books appeal vastly only to teenage females, but especially now because the last one was recieved with lukewarm sentiments from what I've heard. That just didn't happen with Harry Potter.

Ah yeah, because

Bella didn't end up with Jacob

you know way too much about the story.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured they'd move Half-Blood Prince up to make its release closer to Deathly Hallows, to build up hype and momentum for the two-part film saga finale. Any truth to that?

Ricard had the grace to place his joke inside a link, which means you can see the path of the link without clicking it, making it still safe for work. Very funny Ricard!

Potter just for girls, where do you get something like that? and only pre-teens? Well yes the first three books maybe.. but those grew up and are now 18-22? well some of you are still preteen at that age maybe. ..

Ricard had the grace to place his joke inside a link, which means you can see the path of the link without clicking it, making it still safe for work. Very funny Ricard!

Oh it's funny, but some of us just click on a link without looking at its destination.

I can see how one could claim Harry Potter was aimed at teenagers. Publishers would think that relatively harmless (no sex, no swear words, no graphic physical violence) fantasy about children in a childish setting (school) would be for children. But it's not light children's reading, it's long drawn-out epic fantasy without illustrations on every page. Any book where the main character's parents are killed in the first few pages shouldn't be casually thrown at every child unless they can handle it. This is hot and heavy stuff that makes Alice in Wonderland look like Charlotte's Web.

And since Book One came out almost ten years ago, everyone who "grew up" with the books has grown up by now. Any "preteen" who read it in middle school is now near college, and the books have matured right along with the readers and their beloved characters. After Book 3, each installment was much longer/thicker, and the stories got more complicated and grown up, i.e. higher stakes as major, beloved characters were killed off left and right.

I know plenty of boys/men who read and love the books, and also many girls/ladies who absolutely abhor the material and won't read them or see the movies. I've read through Goblet of Fire and watched up to OotP, but have a rather large stack of books to get through before diving into the Ootp book.