where do i get these mini olympic variations?

pi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With more oomphy percussion and brass?

He re-recorded all the Olympic cues when he did the Sunday Night Football diddy for NBC back in the day. Don't know if they are available yet. Though NBC may release a new Olympic Soundtrack.

you TIVO all the olympic broadcasts and note where the bumpers play without narration or sound effects,then you record them to your computer

you TIVO all the olympic broadcasts and note where the bumpers play without narration or sound effects,then you record them to your computer

;)

KM, you are the greatest John Williams fan. :P

I missed one last night near the end of the broadcast ,so I stayed up till 4 AM with my DVD recorder on hoping getting it on the re-run ,but they didn't play it.

Damn,I just missed recording a bumper based on Summon the Heroes I had never heard before.

I missed one last night near the end of the broadcast ,so I stayed up till 4 AM with my DVD recorder on hoping getting it on the re-run ,but they didn't play it.

Damn,I just missed recording a bumper based on Summon the Heroes I had never heard before.

As a dentist shouldn't you get some sleep before going to work??

I'm recording more bumpers I didn't record well in 2006 or were cut off ,as well as some new ones I never heard before .I have digital cable now instead of analogue so they sound better.

PM me after the games for the new collection .

Yeah, I'm hearing a few new ones too. One in particular tonight was awesome - completely new music.

NBC/Sony should release these newly-recorded bumpers and themes on CD - at least a limited pressing for the fans. They could include everything from that NBC recording session a few years ago and the more recent one.

What's holding them back from doing this? Had it been released a few weeks ago, it surely would have sold many thousands of copies. Is it really a financial matter or is there some other reason?

This is John Williams and the Olympics, for crying out loud!

What's holding them back from doing this? Had it been released a few weeks ago, it surely would have sold many thousands of copies. Is it really a financial matter or is there some other reason?

Oh come on.. never that many!

I think as a music producewr I wouldn#t ever think that there is even a demand for these thing! ;)

This is John Williams and the Olympics, for crying out loud!

No, it's just to you (and well most of us) JW and the Olympics.. to most of the world it's just the Olympics.. and some standard trailers and bumpers.. 80 percent don't even notice the music

Yeah, but the real problem is that a CD of this stuff hasn't been produced. It's as if the owners/distributors of the recordings are teasing the fans on a daily basis.

They could put a sticker on the wrapper: Music by John Williams, "Academy Award-Winning composer of Star Wars and Schindler's List".

No record producer in their right mind would release a CD full of bumper music to the general public.

A promo distributed to people at NBC, yes, but not to the general public.

some of these mini versions are amazing

I've gotten the "toll bell" Bumper 3 times this week in improved sound ,each time with the narration finishing sooner .Unfortunately I only have a clean opening from 2006.

No record producer in their right mind would release a CD full of bumper music to the general public.

A promo distributed to people at NBC, yes, but not to the general public.

I can't imagine even a promo - who is going to press a CD of 30 second pieces of music (apart from Tom Newman of course :huh: ).

It's like me wanting the music played during the opening and closing ceremonies (which actually I kinda do). Most normal people would just watch the video and be content.

Well,considering the fact I've had about 2 PM's asking for them on a Williams board ,I'd say nobody gives a poo...