Man Of Steel (2013 Superman reboot directed by Zack Snyder)

Luke Skywalker

It's begging for a belt.

Two reasons why this Superman doesn't have a belt. 1) They're re-using the costume concept from the aborted Superman film Flyby, which makes sense for WB financially. Reason #2 is the key: if WB and the creator heirs can't come to an agreement about the Superman rights, that design can be used in potential sequels with no problem at all.

These costume's clearly show Snyder's directorial brilliance!

Argh yeah Snyder's oeuvre is all over that latex! I can't wait to see it strutting around his mise en scène. Wooooo yeeeeah!

It's begging for a belt.

Two reasons why this Superman doesn't have a belt. 1) They're re-using the costume concept from the aborted Superman film Flyby, which makes sense for WB financially. Reason #2 is the key: if WB and the creator heirs can't come to an agreement about the Superman rights, that design can be used in potential sequels with no problem at all.

But I'm not talking about reusing the classic suit, it could have a different belt, or one that reminds us a bit of the classic belt but isn't the same, or something.

Well in the end it doesn't bother me much.

the suit, worn by mr you got so much money why not get that knot taken out of your forehead, is just really bad. It would work for Michael Jackson in one of his video's.

That suit looks ugly as hell. It looks similar to the one that Nicolas Cage wore in the aborted deal.

At least the Superman Returns suit was pretty close to the original Chris Reeves suit with just a few minor updates here and there. I prefer the Superman Returns suit compared to this so called suit.

Looks fine to me, especially those suits that look like they are made out of iron pieces. They cleary want to step away from the old fashioned synthetic spandex look.

Alex

Wasn't sure for a while, but I'm liking it more and more. I'm as big a fan of the Chris Reeve (no 's', Trent) series as anybody, but it's time to do something different. Imagine where the Batman series would be if we couldn't get over the Burton/Schumacher films.

Reeves (with the 's' on the end) is the last name of the George who played Superman on TV in the 1950s. Reeve (no 's') is the Chris who probably isn't related one iota.

I'm okay with this suit. It works. It's better than the new Nazi uniforms in Star Trek '13

The last time the rumour of Zimmer scoring the new Superman film passed around, didn't he say rewriting Williams' theme is like rewriting Beethoven's ninth? Or something like that...

The last time the rumour of Zimmer scoring the new Superman film passed around, didn't he say rewriting Williams' theme is like rewriting Beethoven's ninth? Or something like that...

Well, it was a subtle answer as to whether he'd use Williams's themes or not, if he'd score it.

I know. :heartbreak:

But Nolan had a hand in this. Snyder would've gone for Tyler Bates or someone else if he had his say, so it's a step up from Bates.

It's not like the 1978 film, nor Williams' fantastic score, is going away.

But if it was going to be a MV/RC-style composer, I would've gunned for John Powell or Daft Punk.

It's not like the 1978 film, nor Williams' fantastic score, is going away.

But if it was going to be a MV/RC-style composer, I would've gunned for John Powell or Daft Punk.

I think that would be the best case scenario at this point, for Zimmer to bring John Powell on like he did with Howard.

Kill me now.

I was cautiously optimistic at best about this and the more I see, the more I think they want to get away from "traditional" Superman. But Zimmer? Really?

I swear... I hope this film isn't some dark, introspective look at Superman or his daddy issues or something like that.

I want Superman to be the ideal. Better than me or you. I really hope this film surprises me but if it is in any way "Supernan BeginS" and explores Superman's psyche and his denons and all that, I will scream.

Zimmer???

How about that: Zimmer is the first composer in history to have scored two of DC Comics most iconic superheroes in their respective major theatrical films.

Hearing Zimmer is scoring Superman is like learning that Jerry Sandusky is going to be your kids summer camp counselor and there's nothing you can do it.

My favorite character of all time is getting scored by the same guy who did Inception and Batman Begins. :heartbreak::pukeface:

Your favorite character of all time is also getting directed by the same guy who did 300 and Sucker Punch.

Commence more 1-note jokes, because the Joker and Superman are obviously similar characters.

it's not the characters, it's the composer and his very limited abilities.

Your favorite character of all time is also getting directed by the same guy who did 300 and Sucker Punch.

Ya, I'd be more worried about that.

Commence more 1-note jokes, because the Joker and Superman are obviously similar characters.

I guess most of us should be grateful we got Zimmer instead of Bates who was bound to have been assigned this project. Who know what the result of that could have been...

Limited how? Just because they're both DC Comics you'd assume he'd approach both films the same way? Zimmer has more range than most composers.

Limited how? Just because they're both DC Comics you'd assume he'd approach both films the same way? Zimmer has more range than most composers.

As true as that is, he has rarely explored that range or exercised his versatility in recent years.

zimmer's a crap composer who excels at creating noise.

he's working for a crap director.

at this point I can hope it all works out.

He's not a "crap" composer. He's very capable and has often showcased his talents in various scores, especially in the 90s and he's had several gems in the 2000s. He's had his bad years, but he's always offered great treats along the way.

Although since Inception, I think his career has taken a dive.

sorry KK but I think he's crap, like vangelis. I don't own anything by him.

Rango and Kung Fu Panda 2 beg to differ.

Rango is decent at best with a horrible album release. And Kung Fu Panda 2 is pretty much just Powell alone there with about one cue by Zimmer and admittedly that was the worst one. Zimmer contributed a lot more in the first score.

sorry KK but I think he's crap, like vangelis. I don't own anything by him.

Really? Zimmer is way above Vangelis. You should definitely check out his more orchestral works. The more lyrical stuff like Beyond Rangoon, Prince of Egypt, The Da Vinci Code, etc. Definitely miles ahead of Vangelis.

Rango does have a horrible album release, but so does Gladiator. Still a brilliant score, in my opinion.

I can see why you'd like it. Its pretty much a regurgitation of Sherlock Holmes with a Morricone twist ;) But there's nothing new in it, so I wouldn't call it brilliant.

And Gladiator had a better album than the bloody awful crap we got for Rango.

I wouldn't waste a dime on any of those. I'd rather listen to Chariots of Fire than here the shit score for DaVinci Code again.

You know I think it has become a tradition in this site to bash everything Hans Zimmer whenever his name comes up in future film projects. "Oh no! Hans Zimmer is scoring ________________???? It's RUINED FOREVEEEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Da Vinci Code is way better than the overrated Chariots of Fire, but I'm a bit biased with that score, consider its my first Zimmer score. But the man definitely has a lot gems in the 90s that people don't give a fair chance. How many Zimmer scores have you even heard Joey? People dismiss Zimmer too often thanks to crap like the Batman scores or Inception.

Like with Mark O, Joey knows enough Zimmer to form a valid opinion. It's simply not his taste, he just has a unique way of expressing it ;)

Trust me guys, I went through it all before, and then again, and again, and again...

You know I think it has become a tradition in this site to bash everything Hans Zimmer whenever his name comes up in future film projects. "Oh no! Hans Zimmer is scoring ________________???? It's RUINED FOREVEEEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You think its only this site where it happens? Think again ;)

Like with Mark O, Joey knows enough Zimmer to form a valid opinion. It's simply not his taste, he just has a unique way of expressing it ;)

Trust me guys, I went through it all before, and then again, and again, and again...

I see, so no hope then? :P