Man Of Steel (2013 Superman reboot directed by Zack Snyder)

Luke Skywalker

I'm wondering if he will ever be called Superman in the film.

so in this film Zod

destroyes a satellite with the name Wayne Enterprises stamped on it

interesting.

Were I extremely positive about the music in the first trailer, the music i hear now is shamelessly generic, there is no theme whatsoever but some bland repetitive motive and driving synthesized percussion. It sounds all like Batman 2.0. Nothing original. Disappointing. Let's hope it's not part of the score but actually from a stock of trailer music.

Wow, cool trailer, with lots of cool new footage! I liked that Zod and Jor-El will seemingly get a scene together.

Music was terrible.

What's with the Battleship level, dubstep drivel at the end?

Sounds awful....

Very excited about the footage though!

All the newest commercials have me really excited for it. Looks like it will have the best action scenes out of all of Snyder's movies, and out of all the Superman movies too

snyder is one of those directors that doesn't really understand music working against film.

The movie comes out in a week. I doubt you're going to see 1.2 seconds of footage to further sway your interest or opinion about seeing it or not seeing it. I'm sure your mind's made up.

I'm sorry Quint if I have to do some more "random trolling", but this looks just dreary.

This looks miles apart from the Superman I would like to see. "Good natured" and "fun"? Eh, no, I don't see it.

And yes, sorry, the music is atrocious. There is no difference between this or any other random RC trailer music, the difference is merely that this was actually written for the film, which makes it even worse.

Zimmer's music used to be simplistic and tedious, but at least fun in the early 2000s. The fun is gone, and all that's left is the simplicity, paired with eye-rolling melodrama that is amped up even more by the apparent lack of skill, or will, to achieve it with means other than stupifying drum patterns and brass farts in D minor.

I can't wait to see it! Have only seen the old teaser and photos but I'm still hyped for it at this point. My appreciation of Watchmen is key. Unlike you promo savages and suckers I'll be going in fresh as a daisy and probably come out smelling of roses!

/Donner Superman fan

He did in Watchmen, although many of the choices were already in the book. But some of his own aportations and placements were cool.

I don't recall a single cue or note in the whole movie, and I love the movie. I guess that means the music worked well enough. Snyder hasn't yet had the experience with a truly masterful composer, so he probably just accepted what he heard from Zimmer.

No SS doesn't just accept Williams music. It's more than just that.

I'm sorry Quint if I have to do some more "random trolling", but this looks just dreary.

This looks miles apart from the Superman I would like to see. "Good natured" and "fun"? Eh, no, I don't see it.

You had the same neurotic reaction to SKYFALL. It's just another movie come and gone.

It's a huckster trick either way - fun or solemn, it's only designed to cram as many overlong action sequences as possible into its bloated running time. No Nolan or Snyder could ever change this basic fact.

Doesn't Spielberg do the same with Williams. Just accept it?

We knw they kind of work together deciding where the music goes (although my impression is that JW takes the lead himself).

My question is, does Snyder genuinely like this music and putting it in his film? I know it's not only up to him, but that's why I ask.

I guess they are trying to appeal to everyone because I'll see a somewhat thoughtful preview for this film on TV one day that will interest me and then I'll see one, like this morning, that looks dumb and brings my misgivings about this film to light.

We knw they kind of work together deciding where the music goes (although my impression is that JW takes the lead himself).

My question is, does Snyder genuinely like this music and putting it in his film? I know it's not only up to him, but that's why I ask.

When it comes to choosing a composer, the producer(s) often call the shots. If it was up to Snyder, he would've picked Tyler.

I would have liked to hear what Tyler might have done.

Joe, who still thinks Tyler's Darkness Falls is one of the best Horror scores of this young century.

When it comes to choosing a composer, the producer(s) often call the shots. If it was up to Snyder, he would've picked Tyler.

Well according to Zimmer Snyder is the one that chose him. He simply called up to apologize for all the rumors that he was going to score the film and he suggested they meet up to talk about it.

Maybe Snyder forgot to mention to Zimmer that he was kindly advised to him by Nolan and WB.

that's what I believe too.

Warner Brothers is fast-tracking the Man of Steel sequel, with Goyer returning to write and Snyder directing.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/its-official-man-of-steel-sequel-being-fast-tracked-at-warner-bros

Goyer had been working on the script for several months, and Snyder is already starting prep work.

Don't forget, this was supposed to be released in December 2012 originally. Its likely that they've known they've had a good/great movie on their hands for a while.

And that's why you came up with "Your opinion. It doesn't mean you're right or you're wrong about it"? THAT is irritating!

I saw the film yesterday and it was so loud and obnoxious i still feel shaken.

Spoiler-free review:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DarkKnightNews/news/?a=81311

And IGN calls it the best Snyder movie to date. Read the review:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/man-of-steel-review

And William Bibbiani calls it:

"Awe-inspiring and, by far, the best Superman movie ever made, Man of Steel may not present a new standard for epic filmmaking. But it certainly evokes a grandeur rarely attempted on the big screen anymore, and achieves on a level greater than most other cinematic epics. It’s the Superman we wanted, the Superman we need, and – thankfully – the Superman we actually got this time."

http://www.craveonline.com/film/reviews/516491-review-man-of-steel-2

Drew McWeeny sums up the essence of Snyder (IMO):

"Emotional, beautiful, and filled with brutal battles, this is a winner top to bottom."

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/review-zack-snyders-man-of-steel-delivers-a-whole-new-level-of-superhero-thrills/2

As we know from the thread's history, pub's views on the finished film can be casually disregarded.

At the same time I wouldn't trust IGN as far as I could throw them, either.

So-called 'Top critic' Alonso Duralde says "The grimmer Superman might not soar, but it flies. Then again, he called Watchmen a misfire.

Another critic called it "The Superman film I wanted to see all my life!"

Well, i've warned you. It's a soulless and mechanical movie without much charm but plenty of frantic cutting, overloud effects and overlong action sequences, plastered with a score that is as relentlessly loud. Some of the actors are good enough, but they there's only so much they can do.

This isn't a movie that desperately wanted to be to be made - just a blockbuster cash-in on WB's only remaining comic property.

So-called 'Top critic' Alonso Duralde says "The grimmer Superman might not soar, but it flies. Then again, he called Watchmen a misfire.

Another critic called it "The Superman film I wanted to see all my life!"

I'm interested to see what Emanuel Levy and Kim Newman reckon.