Man Of Steel (2013 Superman reboot directed by Zack Snyder)

Luke Skywalker

That's actually a SUPERB idea. He's a really good composer, and can pretty much do it all. He's got the technical skills and the ability to work with modern elements. I'm game. I don't expect Snyder or Nolan to think of him, though, sadly.

I'd be perfectly happy with Elfman.

Michael Giacchino would be a great choice.

I guess the next composer suggested will be Alexandre Desplat :rolleyes:

Who would you suggest then?

I think the fact those names are named so often shows how few options there are nowadays.

I would go for Woijiech Kilar, Ilan Eshkeri, Edward Shearmur or Brian Tyler. Or Randy Newman.

This is a joke, right?

This just in:

In a staggering move of stupidity, Amy Adams has been cast as Lois Lane.

WTF? Don't they want to do sequels in the future? She already has more wrinkles than Margot Kidder did in '78.

I didn't think it could get worse than Kate Bosworth.

Unfortunately I allowed myself to start viewing a few but wisely turned them off before I did any more damage to my brain.

So you're critiquing a director's entire repertoire by seeing a portions of a portion of his films. I see.

Crap is crap. And it's my prerogative to do so. I've been watching movies since I was 5, I know what I like and I know what doesn't work for me. And it's not like I watch 5 minutes of a film and turn it off. I at least give it 30-40 minutes before I pull the plug.

If one continues to produce/ direct the same ole junk, then what hope does one have that they will eventually figure it out? Has Michael Bay changed? No.

It's really weird how people perceive a Snyder movie. A lot of the fans of 300 don't like Watchmen (and vice versa, of course) and then there's the group who only like Dawn Of The Dead. I even read several comments of people who say that Sucker Punch is Snyder's first decent film.

As for knowing whether a movie is for you or not, I agree with Olivarez, I only needed 10 seconds to know that Watchmen is my kind of movie and that films like Jurassic Park, The Goonies, Inception, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Harry Potter, The Temple Of Doom, and so on, were going to be pretty tough for me to sit through.

I get the impression Snyder could do a film of him brushing his teeth and you would hail it as a masterpiece.

Maybe, I know that I gave Dawn Of The Dead a 7/10.

:lol:

Synder is currently my most hated director. I have yet to sit through an entire film of his. Actually I saw Dawn Of The Dead in theaters, what a crapfest. I tried 300, couldn't last 30 minutes. Tried Watchmen, same thing.

I had read the graphic novel to Watchmen before the movie was even made. Some material is best left to the pages of books and comics.

I had read the graphic novel to Watchmen before the movie was even made. Some material is best left to the pages of books and comics.

True. I have to thank the first trailer of the film for introducing me to Alan Moore, though.

As for knowing whether a movie is for you or not, I agree with Olivarez, I only needed 10 seconds to know that Watchmen is my kind of movie and that films like Jurassic Park, The Goonies, Inception, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Harry Potter, The Temple Of Doom, and so on, were going to be pretty tough for me to sit through.

Interesting. I really fail to see why some of these films would be tough to sit through. Some of them are actually quite different from each other. If anything I could say that they try to wake up the sense of adventure and wonder in the kids. Maybe it's that.

Funny thing, it seems that I can sit happily through all my kind of films and yours, while you only seem that interested in a portion of these.

• 2 weeks later...

But it's Zod. I was praying for Brainiac or Darkseid to be in this reboot.

Oh well. If there's anyone who can provide his own take on Zod, it's Shannon. :yes:

I'd rather they go with Zod than using Lex Luthor again. Not that he's a bad character, he's just been used so many times before.

I tell ya, the way this cast is shaping up it almost gives me hope for this film.

I'd rather they go with Zod than using Lex Luthor again. Not that he's a bad character, he's just been used so many times before.

I tell ya, the way this cast is shaping up it almost gives me hope for this film.

Zod is more interesting because then it's god vs. god.

The cast gives you hope? Never heard of Ishtar?

Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about that. I've seen well assembled casts fall flat before.

There was also this little remake called All The Kings Men...

I like the cast. They could do absolutely everything right in every department, but at the end of the day Snyder is still at the helm, so it will be shit.

the prequels made natalie portman the awarded actress she is now!

not even the mighty OT could do that with harrison ford... :P

I'd say Harrison Ford isn't losing any sleep over his success. He's done quite well.

Natalie Portman appearing in three Star Wars movies has absolutely nothing to do with her winning an Oscar six years later. She does not owe the prequels for being her big break.

Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about that. I've seen well assembled casts fall flat before.

That actually would make it worse if you think about it. A great cast put together under a poor director, misusing the talent at his disposal. Hopefully the script will be good, but at the end of the day, yeah, Zach Snyder is the director. :(

Darkseid all the way.

Natalie Portman appearing in three Star Wars movies has absolutely nothing to do with her winning an Oscar six years later. She does not owe the prequels for being her big break.

Hmmmm... I'm not sure about that. What would you say her "big break" was, then? Without the prequels putting her name out there big-time, she might still be doing indie films left right and center, maybe with Oscar-type success, maybe not. I'd agree that she probably didn't make too many critics sit up and take notice with her performance in the prequels, but it made her a name, at least on a much higher level than she was before.

Her big break was Leon.

Debatable. The films she was in after that, before TPM, were minor roles in not-super-successful films. After TPM, she was headlining, or at least co-headlining, major films.