Man Of Steel (2013 Superman reboot directed by Zack Snyder)

Luke Skywalker

Wouldn't it be funny if the whole Superman score was entirely based on that rhythm from Williams' march? Enhanced by some appropriate RC goodness, of course.

Karol

Maybe with some chanting accompaniment with a virtual choir we can all contribute to? ;)

Yeah! We need more Moussaka!

Krypton Rises Chant!

I mean, they already wear Mediaval-inspired armours so it wouldn't be that far-fetched.

Karol

MUST. RESIST. GOING. TO. CINEMA. WATCHING. MAN. OF. STEEL

It's almost painfully funny how much being a nerd is like being a heroin addict.

We haven't seen a scrap of footage from the movie. Well... what if Nolan's influence actually makes the film good? We won't know until the film comes out.

Wouldn't it be funny if the whole Superman score was entirely based on that rhythm from Williams' march? Enhanced by some appropriate RC goodness, of course.

Karol

Maybe with some chanting accompaniment with a virtual choir we can all contribute to? ;)

Yeah! We need more Moussaka!

Krypton Rises Chant!

Bakla, Bakla, Bakla, Baklavas!

ROTFLMAO

Wait, here's a brilliant game-changing idea. Superman starts with the letter S, so maybe the chant should be full of S words!! I know, I'm brilliant :D

How about that: Zimmer is the first composer in history to have scored two of DC Comics most iconic superheroes in their respective major theatrical films.

Which proves why I think Zimmer's overrated. He didn't do that good of a job on the recent Batman scores, imo. There's plenty of other more capable composers like Don Davis ,for example, who could've hit this out of the park. Oh well I had little hope in this film when Snyder got hired anyway.

Guess that goes without saying Alan Silvestri is overrated too.

Zimmer himself implied he wouldnt use it. In the first runour of his hiring, he was all like "reriting Williams theme is like rewriting Beethoven's ninth"

It might not be totally up to Zimmer. If at one point Snyder (who is a fan of the Donner film) says, this is a good moment to bring back the spirit of Williams' theme, then Zimmer has no choice. When that moment arrives during the first showing, the traditionalists will throw their hats into the air and cheer. The strange colors of the suits will be forgiven.

It might not be totally up to Zimmer. If at one point Snyder (who is a fan of the Donner film) says, this is a good moment to bring back the spirit of Williams' theme, then Zimmer has no choice. When that moment arrives during the first showing, the traditionalists will throw their hats into the air and cheer. The strange colors of the suits will be forgiven.

What if the traditionalists don't have hats? What will happen then?

Wait, here's a brilliant game-changing idea. Superman starts with the letter S, so maybe the chant should be full of S words!! I know, I'm brilliant :D

Nah. Sausa, sausa, sausa, sausages! don't sound nowhere near as good as the other one.

In these modern rebooting times, the traditionalists expect nothing, zero, zilch, and so Snyder's sudden reference will come across as a testimony to their beloved film and hero.

Zimmer couldn't write a big grand unforgettable theme even if his life depeneded on it. Soundscape is exactly what we will get.

I think soundscape is how lesser composers chicken out of writing themes. They say they are writing soundscapes because that is the only thing they are capable of writing. I wonder if it even takes much effort to "write" such "music". Nothing is synched to the screen, its just general ambience composed and applied to a movie. Highlighting inidividual moments is too much effort for today's composers and they couldn't be bothered it seems.

Are you simply ignoring Rain Man, The Lion King, Gladiator, and Pirates Of The Caribbean for your argument's sake? Zimmer has only been writing "soundscapes" for the past few years anyway. Stop talking out of your ass.

In these modern rebooting times, the traditionalists expect nothing, zero, zilch, and so Snyder's sudden reference will come across as a testimony to their beloved film and hero.

If Williams' theme is used, fans will bitch and moan about how Zimmer ruined it. If it isn't used, they'll bitch and moan about how it wasn't used.

If Williams' theme is used, fans will bitch and moan about how Zimmer ruined it. If it isn't used, they'll bitch and moan about how it wasn't used.

Truest thing Koray said since he is Koray.

Actually he prefers Kora.

Why is this news? Didn't we all know months ago that Zimmer was going to score it? Or were you all still clutching to the hope that it was rumor and that he would not? One less soundtrack album to buy, you save $20, one less movie ticket to buy, you save $10, and you save the gas of both trips. Win, win, win.

But what if the movie is really good?

You mean The Dark Knight-good but with Hans Zimmer? Don't divide their soundtrack fanboism by zero like that.

Why is this news? Didn't we all know months ago that Zimmer was going to score it? Or were you all still clutching to the hope that it was rumor and that he would not? One less soundtrack album to buy, you save $20, one less movie ticket to buy, you save $10, and you save the gas of both trips. Win, win, win.

But Zimmer himself confirmed it himself that he would not be scoring the film last year.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72037

With this news of Hans Zimmer scoring the film, I think I'm going to just boycott both the film and the score.

Has it been mentioned before that you tend to overreact to stuff? :P

How do we know Zimmer isn't having a phone call right now with Snyder, reacting to the news that he wants a swashbuckling masterpiece? It's all about what the director wants.

Unless I hear he's gone back to Tyler Bates (from whom I've never heard a note of interesting music), I'm interested.

With this news of Hans Zimmer scoring the film, I think I'm going to just boycott both the film and the score.

Has it been mentioned before that you tend to overreact to stuff? :P

Let us not squelch the man's passion.

First time actually lasted awhile, second time I was just annoyed. Between the two times I barely posted anyway.

Are you really getting irritated that easily?

Karol

I just... PRAY that Zimmer actually gives it a score. No "textural" sound-design nonsense, no one-note power anthems, no bizarre interviews where he claims what he's doing is groundbreaking and how silly-jolly the Williams material is.

People like to rip on Thor's music, but I'd LOVE music of that quality in Man of Steel.

It seems most here don't give a rats ass about my postings any more. Well in that case I'm not going to post any more. Since it seems lately I'm being the target of what ever is suited for most. I know some will say "You say that but you'll be back". In honesty I have a lot more other things to do than waste my time on this damn bored.

People like to rip on Thor's music, but I'd LOVE music of that quality in Man of Steel.

Thor's music is growing on me. It'd be nice to see something like that for MOS... if Zimmer got the boot and Doyle stepped in.

I know Zimmer CAN do a decent film score (at least he has) so I hope he does. Based on his recent works though, I am not all that optimistic. I also hope that Nolan captures the essence of Superman like he did for Batman...but that Man of Steel is absolutely nothing like either of his Batman films because Superman is nothing like Batman. Superman is not dark, brooding and introspective and I really hope they don't try to fit he character into that mold.

I can imagine something along the Amazing Spidey lines. Modern sound, but with some honest orchestra underneath. Remember that most of Pirates 3 has no synths according to Zimmer himself and that's world's apart from TDK.

It seems most here don't give a rats ass about my postings any more. Well in that case I'm not going to post any more. Since it seems lately I'm being the target of what ever is suited for most. I know some will say "You say that but you'll be back". In honesty I have a lot more other things to do than waste my time on this damn bored.

Where the hell did that come from?

Honestly, take things a little less seriously Trent. Talking about boycotting something that we know next to nothing about seems a bit of an overreaction to me, that's all I was saying. I don't know why that gives you the impression we don't give a 'rat's ass' about your postings.

I know Zimmer CAN do a decent film score (at least he has) so I hope he does. Based on his recent works though, I am not all that optimistic. I also hope that Nolan captures the essence of Superman like he did for Batman...but that Man of Steel is absolutely nothing like either of his Batman films because Superman is nothing like Batman. Superman is not dark, brooding and introspective and I really hope they don't try to fit he character into that mold.

Zimmer's capable of giving us a decent film score, but I don't think he will with this film. Nolan brings out the worst in Zimmer, and as shown in the last few scores, Zimmer's worst is no pretty sight.

Nolan may do, but there's nothing to suggest Syder will. He got a huge symphonic score from Hirschfelder for Legend of the Guardians.

The only thing that makes me a bit nervous is the possibility that he asked Zimmer after hearing what he's come up with for TDKR.

First time actually lasted awhile, second time I was just annoyed. Between the two times I barely posted anyway.

Are you really getting irritated that easily?

Karol

If there's one thing anyone should know about me (and I say this to my friends who still have slight trouble grasping it), I'm never serious unless I specifically say so. I'm a walking Joss Whedon script.

I've also specified in the past that I'd leave via unanimous vote in a Josh500 poll.

Nolan brings out the worst in Zimmer, and as shown in the last few scores, Zimmer's worst is no pretty sight.

Didn't you say Inception was his last great score?

Nolan brings out the worst in Zimmer, and as shown in the last few scores, Zimmer's worst is no pretty sight.

Didn't you say Inception was his last great score?

No, I said everything since Inception has sucked, which includes Inception under that ranking. His last great score was probably Sherlock Holmes. Everything else either sucked or he only had a small role in scoring it.

Zimmer is better than Tyler Bates, but he's still wrong for Superman. He's actually much better suited for Batman.

At this point this movie has a lot riding against it, yet I'm still eager to see what comes of it. At least it still has Michael Shannon as Zod and Russell Crowe as Jor-El.

Why is this news? Didn't we all know months ago that Zimmer was going to score it?

To be honest, I thought Snyder would veto Zimmer but after Watchmen and Sucker Punch I guess he's no longer in a position to do that. In the end, Tyler Bates or Zimmer, does it really matter?

"At least it still has...Zod?"

No, it shouldn't even have Zod!

Why not? It's certainly a better choice than the overused Lex Luthor.

I agree, the film should have used a villain that hasn't been seen on the big screen before