Force 10 from Navarone title march

Wojo

Question about "Force 10 from Navarone:"

This

plays the entire intro of that movie, which summarizes the events of "The Guns of Navarone" before leading into the actual main titles of its sequel. At 2:26 in, Robert Shaw fades out and the main title march begins.

My question is, I know I've heard that march before. I haven't watched "Force 10" for over five years, but I do own "Guns" and have seen it about three times in the past few years, but I don't remember this music as being from that. Was the intro march of "Force 10" written by Ron Goodwin, is it used in another recent movie that I might have seen, or is it an actual WWII march that I would have heard somewhere else? I want to say I heard it in Goonies, but I'm not sure.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of it is rather similar indeed to that music in The Goonies, but that was borrowed from another film, from a Max Steiner score if I'm not mistaken?

It's indeed quite similar to Steiner's Don Juan - I never noticed that before. There's a brilliant suite from the Steiner score on Gerhardt's Errol Flynn album, though the original score has been released as well (I should get that, it's among the few Steiner pieces I heard that really impress me).