Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

The first signs of the Concord Records Indiana Jones Trilogy re-releases courtesy moviemusic.com

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK EXPANDED

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/raide...thelostark-rmst

Tracklisting

1. In the Jungle

2. The Idol Temple

3. Escape from the Temple

4. Flight from Peru

5. Washington Men/Indy's Home

6. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal

7. The Medallion

8. Flight to Cairo

9. The Basket Game

10 Bad Dates

11. The Map Room/Dawn

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well

13. The Well of the Souls

14. Indy Rides the Statue

15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing

16. Desert Chase

17. Marion's Theme/The Crate

18. The German Sub

19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout

20. Indy Follows the Ark

21. The Miracle of the Ark

22. Washington Ending & Raiders March

Due: October 14, 2008

Oooooooooooh, baby!

-Erik-

PS - I'm sorry of this has been mentioned elsewhere.

So, new tracks:

10. Bad Dates

The German sub cue has been aparently been divided in two tracks (19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout) and I would assume the Discovery of the Ark (or Well of the Souls part 2) will remain unreleased in cd format.

This is really interesting. Raiders is, however, too long to fit on one CD, so we'll see what's missing... And if this is for real, I hope they've corrected the tuning problems and the mix issues.

Also notice the shortened version of the Raiders March that appeared on on both albums has been removed, more than likely to free up space for the additional music.

Now will TOD and LC be two disc sets?

Peter Kelly says the label has sent out this paragraph:

Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtracks Collection

For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set! Included are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and exclusive to this set: Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. This set also includes the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack plus a bonus interview CD with composer John Williams on the making of this historic music. Housed in a handsome embossed slip case and presented with a full color booklet, this set reintroduces the iconic original Indiana Jones film scores by Oscar-winning composer John Williams - out of print since 1995! A must for fans and collectors alike, all will rejoice in having all these soundtracks presented together expanded with previously unreleased music - along with this summer's blockbuster Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull available together for the very first time. Relive the musical adventure today!

And the box set release is set for Nov 11...

So, new tracks:

10. Bad Dates

The German sub cue has been aparently been divided in two tracks (19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout) and I would assume the Discovery of the Ark (or Well of the Souls part 2) will remain unreleased in cd format.

"Well of the Souls" is half new since it will HOPEFULLY contain the latter half of the cue which was only available on the DCC LP.

-Erik-

If this turns out to be the complete scores for the first three films and someone complains about not getting the complete KOTCS, so help me god I will hunt you down.......

If there's a bonus interview CD then this set must be at least five discs, not the previously reported four. That means there could be six, seven...

Who knows? :sadwavey: I'm even excited at the prospect of single-disc expanded releases for the three, but if we get more I'll be in hog heaven. I'm not so worried about KOTCS. Yes, I want it complete, but it's new, and hopefully this is a sign that Paramount is becoming more open to expanded/complete releases. We'll see what happens, but man, it looks like I'm gonna have some more CDs to get!

:sadwavey:

AWESOME news! (There are probably some hats to be eaten around here, but I haven't been keeping tabs. :o)

So, probably a single disc, eh? Well, singles for the other two could still mean another hour of music—and that's pretty exciting!

EDIT: I hadn't seen the box set announcement when I first replied. I think I need to post another one of these now:

;)

Now is it

Indiana Jones The Complete Soundtracks Collection

or is it....

Indiana Jones The Complete Soundtracks Collection?? maybe there are two sets, the one described above and one box with the "Complete Soundtrack" ;) I highly doubt it.. anyway

:o :o :sadwavey::joy: :joy:

Finally the Bridge confrontation!! Trek to the palace, stealing th stones weheeeeeeee!!

It looks like Raiders will get it's own release in October and then be added to the limited box set.

The limted set may be a good sign that LC & TOD are more than 1 disc each.

Honestly, I'm happy with the Raiders disc I already own since it has plenty on it including all the best bits. I will download the Washington Men cue though.

Quint - Waiting patiently for The Last Crusade release.

If Raiders is relegated to 1 CD it cannot be the entire score.

Neil

What are you guys talking about? well the 1995 version has 73:35 minutes

this one omitts the Raiders March (2:50) ... so we have about 9 Minutes space.. can't CDs be longer than 74 mins and have a max of 80???

70:45 minutes

+ Washington Men 1:08

+Bad Dates (Poisioning+bad dates) 1:15

+ Indy rides the Statue (IF Discovery of the ARK) 6:01 OHHHH MY BAD SORRY!

Raiders ReIssue: 79:09 mins

where is the problem?

If it only can hold 75 mins or so I guess we won't get the discovery of the ark. .

Thanks for the information, Erik & tjguitar!

I really hesitated buying IJatKotCS back then, fearing this set would not have any more music-- and I doubt this one will be expanded as well. Ah well... I'll play it tomorrow.

So IJatToD and IJaTLC will be exclusive to this set? They won't get any separate releases? That's odd.

I'll get this set anyway.

obndy0001.gif

If Raiders is relegated to 1 CD it cannot be the entire score.

Neil

What are you guys talking about? well the 1995 version has 73:35 minutes

this one omitts the Raiders March (2:50) ... so we have about 9 Minutes space.. can't CDs be longer than 74 mins and have a max of 80???

70:45 minutes

+ Washington Men 1:08

+Bad Dates (Poisioning+bad dates) 1:15

+ Indy rides the Statue (IF Discovery of the ARK) 6:01 OHHHH MY BAD SORRY!

Raiders ReIssue: 79:09 mins

where is the problem?

If it only can hold 75 mins or so I guess we won't get the discovery of the ark. .

I think there are a couple more Well of the Souls cues (one of them an alternate?) based on the "action" motif from "In the Idol's Temple." The shortened "Raiders March," by the way, is simply an edit of the full "End Credits" Raiders March, same recording and all - however, there is a quiet, additional coda. It may have been written specifically for the album to ease the transition into "South America: 1936." So I hope that is still somehow included.

Well the thought of perhaps having to re-buy LC and KOTCS just to get a legit TOD is annoying, but still:

That rendition of the Ark Theme in Washington's Men/Indy's Home would be worth the price of the cd alone.

Indeed. That alone is worth saying what the board's filter won't permit me to say...

Well the thought of perhaps having to re-buy LC and KOTCS just to get a legit TOD is annoying, but still:
That rendition of the Ark Theme in Washington's Men/Indy's Home would be worth the price of the cd alone.

Indeed. That alone is worth saying what the board's filter won't permit me to say...

?? well I think it clearly says they will be expanded too!

Well the thought of perhaps having to re-buy LC and KOTCS just to get a legit TOD is annoying

The text gave me the impression that LC will also be expanded. I mean, the original album is only 67 minutes, if I remember correctly.

78 mins used to be the official limit for pressed CDs. Dunno if they can be longer these days...

But besides this great news.. I think some of the new TitleNames really suck..

A Thought for Marion

Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well

Indy Rides the Statue

Washington Men?

Washington Ending??

nah could be worse but they do sound a little uninspired