Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

So there seems to be still many unanswered questions, apart from what will go on the CDs!

Like:

1. To how many sets will the box set be limited (if it's limited at all)?

2. How much will the box set cost?

3. Will it be a new John Williams interview?

4. How many CDs will the box set have? 5, as in 1 for Raiders, 1 for Temple, 1 for Crusade, 1 for Crystal, and 1 Interview? Or will it have 8 CDs? Two for each of the original Indy scorses plus Crystal and Interview?

5. What kind of new info will the booklet contain?

These are some questions that are on my mind... can anyone answer them?

That seems like just too much logic for this thread to take all at once.

Party crasher :)

Great news ... glad to see Concorde has put some thought and effort into Raiders (aside from the sometimes awkward track titles). This bodes well for ToD and LC. Although I`d love complete releases of these, at this point I`d settle for single disc versions of each as long as they`re packed solid and carefully assembled. Individual tracks could also be sweated down without losing anything significant (eg. the first 2:49 of Deal for The Diamond).

I understand that the digital masters for ToD are very difficult to work with, so I would imagine that they re-digitized every cue while they were at it. This means a full release is more likely to happen some day, in some form.

ToD is such a stunning score and so poorly represented on CD that frankly anything they can do with it at this point is an improvement.

The interview disc seems like a waste to me: I`d rather have it printed in the booklet, if at all. As much as I like Williams, I think his music speaks for itself. I`d rather have a bonus disc of music with alternate versions, etc.

Well if this is a extra CD with a 10 minute interview filled with vague platitudes then yes.

If it were a lengtrhy, well-conducted interview with Williams sharing some in depth information about the music, then I'm all for it.

John Williams on the process of writing the "Raider's March": So, after drinking a Coca-Cola, that is where I began to work. Uh... I have never written a... march, before, so it very, uhm, exciting, to do that for the first time, so to speak.

Don't forget that Williams takes 10 minutes to say what others can express in one. :)

Yes he does have a tendency to waste time in waving his hands and speaking eloquently. I think it is as much as the interviewer's fault as Williams' that his interviews are as they are. Some people have gotten a wealth of info out of him by asking the right questions and Williams can be to the point when he wants to. For example the USC Thornton School of Music interview is excellent. Williams is precise and very articulate about his craft and career. It is like the best prepared lecture.

John Williams on the process of writing the "Raider's March": So, after drinking a Coca-Cola, that is where I began to work. Uh... I have never written a... march, before, so it very, uhm, exciting, to do that for the first time, so to speak.

In one of the KotCS interview, Williams speculated that the Raiders theme had gradually turned into a march as the film went on. Funnily enough, he was right.

You know what I'm hoping for - the FILM version of the raiders end credits . The one that plays over the warehouse shot. I've ALWAYS loved that edit. I want that one!!!

Two versions of "Da-da-da-daaaa" on brass then - KABLOOM! The entire orchestra bursts into it.

Me Want!

You know what I'm hoping for - the FILM version of the raiders end credits . The one that plays over the warehouse shot. I've ALWAYS loved that edit. I want that one!!!

Two versions of "Da-da-da-daaaa" on brass then - KABLOOM! The entire orchestra bursts into it.

Me Want!

I used to like that edit, but if you listen closely, it really sounds pretty bad.

We're obviously not going to get any more information until it gets closer to the release date for either A: the individual scores or B: the box set. All this speculation is a bit pointless and tiresome.

Can we keep this thread to discussing the upcoming Indy box set?

I agree. According to the complete Raiders cue list posted on the FSM board (and quoted here by someone else), I've done some maths and I think it's very likely we'll get the complete "Well of the Souls" track as heard only on the DCC double LP so far. If my calculations are right, with the new unreleased tracks we'd have a CD totaling 79:45. The only cues that would still be missing are "The Poisoning" and "The Mummy Cave".

So the track list with times should be something like this:

01. In the Jungle (04:10)

02. The Idol Temple (3:56)

03. Escape from the Temple (1:34)

04. Flight from Peru (2:20)

05. Washington Men/Indy's Home (1:08)

06. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal (2:11)

07. The Medallion (2:54)

08. Flight to Cairo (1:30)

09. The Basket Game (5:04)

10. Bad Dates (0:25)

11. The Map Room/Dawn (3:52)

12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well (4:11)

13. The Well of the Souls (11:29)

14. Indy Rides the Statue (1:06)

15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing (4:37)

16. Desert Chase (8:17)

17. Marion's Theme/The Crate (2:08)

18. The German Sub (1:14)

19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout (3:18)

20. Indy Follows the Ark (1:33)

21. The Miracle of the Ark (6:05)

22. Washington Ending & Raiders March (6:17)

Total Time: 79:45

There are also a few smaller timesavers to consider, though. "Washington Ending" and "Raiders March" are combined, which should save around five seconds. If the silence between tracks is shortened, in general, that should save another fifteen or twenty seconds. I think it's likely "The Poisoning" is rolled into "Bad Dates," as it's a longer and more notable cue.

you know what this place is right? It's a John Williams message board. If it bothers you why don't you go read something else .It is very tiresome that you call out people for speculating on possibly the most significant JW release of the last decade.

No I am not.. certainly not in that extreme way

There's nothing wrong with speculation, if you don't like it don't read the thread.

Any breaking news will be posted on the main page.

only a nerd would say something like that :lol:

Stefan and Mark are right, Trent. You're too young to understand! :lol:

No I understand completely. It's just someone like KM is showing signs of severe obsession about something like this it is very scary. The constant same speculation too is also annoying.

Stefan and Mark are right, Trent. You're too young to understand! :lol:

Aren't you like 20?

I'm halfway between 20 and 30.

But it's not the years, honey, it's...ehm, I mean...I've been a fan of Indy since I was a child, that means I was born in the '80s AND I'm a fan of Indy since the '80s.

I can only judge based on my life experiences and I think that there hardly is one thing more unnecessary than speculation.

It makes you suffer from your own mind, because in your mind you see things you don't want to be true and you have to live with these neg. thoughts in your head.

70% of the pain in your life comes from yourself, its justyour own fault.

Facts are the only things to rely on

Mark this: These are my thougts I don't say they are right or wrong, they are just right for me!

I can only judge based on my life experiences and I think that there hardly is one thing more unnecessary than speculation.

It makes you suffer from your own mind, because in your mind you see things you don't want to be true and you have to live with these neg. thoughts in your head.

Mark this: These are my thougts I don't say they are right or wrong, they are just right for me!

Nice post I agree.

I agree wholeheartadly and that's a good attitude in life. But since we're not talking about very serious or important things here, I find there's nothing wrong in doing a simple game of speculation. I agree maybe some people take this things too damn seriously, but if we succeed in keeping this into the frame of a sort of playful thing, I'm all for it. If anybody don't like these kind of games, well, he/she could always stay out and forget about it. It's always very presumptuos to say to people how they have to behave.

Are you shy about your age?

No, I've already answered to that.

I said I'm halfway between 20 and 30, which, if you can count, means I'm 25. :lol:

(it's also on my profile page!)

Nice post I agree.

Yes, with one exception: JWFan would not survive a time without new Williams scores without heavy speculation. :lol:

In terms of physical possessions , an expanded/complete Indy Box Set is on the short list of things I need to own and listen to before I can die in peace. In that sense,yes, it's THAT important.

My vintage action figures are already in a box ready to be auctionned off to ebay,if I wasn't so lazy to do it

I'm actually trying to be a "reductionnist" and "optimizer" in terms of stuff I own now .I only buy things I really want or need and I'm trying not fill my space with clutter. I also get rid of any object that has no use or sentimental value.

My vintage action figures are already in a box ready to be auctionned off to ebay,if I wasn't so lazy to do it

I'm actually trying to be a "reductionnist" and "optimizer" in terms of stuff I own now .I only buy things I really want or need and I'm trying not fill my space with clutter. I also get rid of any object that has no use or sentimental value.

If you ever want to get rid of one of those SFX sabers, i'll let you give me one. :lol: