Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

I'm puzzled by this sentence:

=The reissues of the three original soundtracks will only be available in the box set and will not be sold individually until later this year or early next.

The way it is typed here makes it seem like the original releases (NOT expanded ones) will be in the box set.

Well who says it need 5 CDs for an Interview? maybe it is on the last crusade album 56mins + 4 Power of the Holy Grail 4mins + 15mins interview

You said the official announcement was badly written.. maybe the williams interview isn't on a single CD :)

plus an exclusive audio interview CD with John Williams.

Pay attention now!

well maybe the Last Crusadeis represented through 3 unreleased tracks..

Portoguese Coast 2:30

Inscription on the Rock 1:00

End Credits extended 12:30

John Williams Interview 53:45

so that "The Last Crusade" CD isn't worth calling last crusade anymore.. it is now a John Williams interview bonus CD :)

I hope the bonus disc also has source music and other stuff in addition to the interview clips as I'm sure John Williams didn't spend 70 minutes talking about the Indy scores. I'd really like to see "The Temple of Doom" removed from the ToD disc to make room for more unreleased score since it is technically source music. I'd also like to see the End Credits from Last Crusade gutted, take out the lengthy repeats of the Scherzo and Grail Theme. That would make room for more unreleased stuff.

I'd really like to see "The Temple of Doom" removed from the ToD disc to make room for more unreleased score since it is technically source music. I'd also like to see the End Credits from Last Crusade gutted, take out the lengthy repeats of the Scherzo and Grail Theme. That would make room for more unreleased stuff.

I certainly hope none of this will happen.

In fact I am certain it won't.

we can only dream that they took off anything goes.

I don't. It's a very enjoyable song, with a great opening from Williams.

I hope the bonus disc also has source music and other stuff in addition to the interview clips as I'm sure John Williams didn't spend 70 minutes talking about the Indy scores. I'd really like to see "The Temple of Doom" removed from the ToD disc to make room for more unreleased score since it is technically source music.

Isn't "The Temple of Doom" on the original album a concert piece? It's longer than what's heard in the film at any one point. The chant is integrated into several score cues.

I'm puzzled by this sentence:

=The reissues of the three original soundtracks will only be available in the box set and will not be sold individually until later this year or early next.

The way it is typed here makes it seem like the original releases (NOT expanded ones) will be in the box set.

Concord still needs better writers. And the expanded/complete distinction is giving me a little worry too. Why go to the trouble if you're not going to do the complete score? Still, I'm not complaining, this is great news to get confirmation.

So, is it wrong that I consider this almost as big news as the promotion I got at work today? ...Nah.

Concord still needs better writers. And the expanded/complete distinction is giving me a little worry too. Why go to the trouble if you're not going to do the complete score?

It depends on your point of view. Remember Concord is not a Soundtrack label like Varese, Intrada, FSM etc... Also Williams himself id not particulary interested expanded/complete releases.

So, is it wrong that I consider this almost as big news as the promotion I got at work today? ...Nah.

In my life, that is of no importance what-so-ever. ;)

I just hope that no one starts complaining that these are "only" expanded...

This is JWFan, of course people are going to wank about them not be complete. And, if we find out they're complete, people will wank about the lack of alternate versions. And if it turns out the set contains that, people will wank about the lack of an extensive booklet (a la the Superman Blue Box set) or annotated score analysis that came with the LOTR complete recordings. And if the set came with something like that, people would wank about the lack of replica fedora and whip.

To sum up, some people are just wankers. And if you are, then by all means, please commence with the wanking.

And, yes, there are many of us who will be reading your comments and judging you on them, so make them spicy!

Ok so what I now about concord:

acoording to an answer they gave, the Box is to be released on Oct. 14th

but the press release says Nov 11th

also it features The expanded exlusiv to this versions of TOD and LC

but they are not exclusive anymore.. because they are going to be released early next year maybe

so the version has to be excllusive.. what now?? WIL the box TOD and LC be expanded and the individual releases not?

what's so exclusive about them if theywill be released anyway??

and the Raiders expanded on Oct 14th

??

damn, they don't have much experience ..

so if I just take these announcements wordly:

14th Oct Raiders XPANDED

Nov 11th Set incl Raiders EXP., TOD EXP, LC EXP., IJ4 Ost and a Bonus Audio Interview

and sometimes later plain unexpanded re-issues of Raiders, Tod, TLC individually?

????????

Just give us a tracklist Concord and then don't say a single word again about these releases!

Because once the studios release the complete scores, they kill the cash cow. If they keep diving into the vaults and finding a little more music, then a little more, and maybe someday release the complete score, they make the most money because they know that people will buy it. Not just us the die-hards, but also thousands of new film score fans just finding the stuff for the first time.

That's why the 1993 Star Wars Anthology, a nice expensive package with more music than seen up to that point, was still incomplete, so they could go back to the well for the 1997 Special Edition releases. Granted, the LOTR CR's are as complete as we'll see with respect to the music from the movies, but alternates, concert arrangements, Shore's symphonies, and the thick pending book could all take us back to that well.

Which is why I wager these Indy score releases won't be complete, but they'll be close. I won't lose sleep waiting for these, but I will buy them first chance I have to get expanded ToD and LC, not to mention just to actually *own* ToD.

I just hope that no one starts complaining that these are "only" expanded...

This is JWFan, of course people are going to wank about them not be complete. And, if we find out they're complete, people will wank about the lack of alternate versions. And if it turns out the set contains that, people will wank about the lack of an extensive booklet (a la the Superman Blue Box set) or annotated score analysis that came with the LOTR complete recordings. And if the set came with something like that, people would wank about the lack of replica fedora and whip.

To sum up, some people are just wankers. And if you are, then by all means, please commence with the wanking.

And, yes, there are many of us who will be reading your comments and judging you on them, so make them spicy!

And if it came with all of that, people would complain about the LucASS typical high-price! ;)

????????

The CDs will be released individually in an exclusive box set in their original versions with expanded material and exclusively as well, on 4 discs along with the original exclusive release of KOTCS and a 5th disc containing an exclusive interview with John Williams at cockrow on the 13th day after Halloween in December, except for the exclusive box set which will be available 5 days earlier in January.

????????

The CDs will be released individually in an exclusive box set in their original versions with expanded material and exclusively as well, on 4 discs along with the original exclusive release of KOTCS and a 5th disc containing an exclusive interview with John Williams at cockrow on the 13th day after Halloween in December, except for the exclusive box set which will be available 5 days earlier in January.

;)

The reissues of the three original soundtracks will only be available in the box set and will not be sold individually until later this year or early next.

still think this sentence doesn't make much sense

Concord still needs better writers. And the expanded/complete distinction is giving me a little worry too. Why go to the trouble if you're not going to do the complete score?

It depends on your point of view. Remember Concord is not a Soundtrack label like Varese, Intrada, FSM etc... Also Williams himself id not particulary interested expanded/complete releases.

True, this isn't exactly their cup of tea.

In my life, that is of no importance what-so-ever. ;)

;)

;)

And I agree, the OST for Last Crusade is well selected, about as good as you could get for a single disc release.

I doubt that. Raiders of the Lost Ark already had a respectable album representation, whereas Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade did not.

EDIT: I am responding to Stefan Cosman.

The original Raiders was only 40 minutes long.

The original release for TLC is very respectable actually.

Not for some people.

I'm glad we get any new material at all, I didn't expect that; so, I'm pleased.

On the downside of things, this pushes a COMPLETE release into a future far, far away.

The reissues of the three original soundtracks will only be available in the box set and will not be sold individually until later this year or early next.

still think this sentence doesn't make much sense

"I only know two languages: English and Bad English." The good folks at Concord seem to be well versed in Bad English or they are attempting to get into the next edition of Anguished English. If they will only be available in the box set, then they should not be released individually.

Maybe they're trying to sound like Yogi Berra...

Seriously, what's not to understand? The soundtracks will only be available in the box set until they are released separately later on. Where's the misleading part?

well whats not to understand with our posts...? I know how it is meant. BUT this sentece still makes no sense..

why would one say: The OSTs will ONLY be in this boxet!

but only until later this year or the next one!..

if it would have said

The reissues of the three original soundtracks will not be sold individually until later this year or early next.

Thats a sentence that perfectly makes sense

but writing .. will ONLY be available in this box, makes it seem that this BOX is the onlly way to get these soundtracks!

Seriously, what's not to understand? The soundtracks will only be available in the box set until they are released separately later on. Where's the misleading part?

well whats not to understand with our posts...? I know how it is meant. BUT this sentece still makes no sense..

why would one say: The OSTs will ONLY be in this boxet!

but only until later this year or the next one!..

if it would have said

The reissues of the three original soundtracks will not be sold individually until later this year or early next.

Thats a sentence that perfectly makes sense

but writing .. will ONLY be available in this box, makes it seem that this BOX is the onlly way to get these soundtracks!

which is still vague and indefinate, so I'll get the Box set

The original release for TLC is very respectable actually.

Not for some people.

I'm glad we get any new material at all, I didn't expect that; so, I'm pleased.

On the downside of things, this pushes a COMPLETE release into a future far, far away.

Why? The Star Wars Special editions came just 4 years after the Anthology.

Great New BTW, just saw TOD again in ages, and well there are some great choral tracks.

As I read the debated sentence:

They are going to release the box set 1st this year and then the three sepparated scores next.

But then they said they were going to release Raiders alone before the box set...

Whatever they do, what will have better price, the box set or the isolated CDs?

Knowing that they are going to be sepparated i may skipp the box as i dont want to pay for another KOTCS, i would only get the box if the price is the same as if KOTCS was free. It happened with the 2004 re-release of the SW SEs so, who knows...

The only thing that is going to bug me about this box set is that if all goes well, the three movies will have the complete big chase, but KOTCS will not.

Good!

So far everything is good news, many uncertain aspects have turned out to be good, so let's hope our luck continues and we get a real expansion, not just a couple track one.

hell this whole INdy Box thing goes on my nerves.. I am really looking forward to The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films Book by Doug Adams instead.. released with 2 DVDs packed with tons of Alternates and Demos!

LOTR got such an amazing treatment!

why not do the same thing with Star Wars and Indy.. I just don't get it.

They can do a 15 CD Star Wars Ost boxset.. and repackage it from year to year to follow their clver marketing strategy.

You know, the guy you forbid me to put a big red X on his face. ;)

I feel that tomorrow im going to have 5 o 6 new pages to read on this thread.

Goodnight guys and girl(s) ;)

You know, the guy you forbid me to put a big red X on his face. ;)

I feel that tomorrow im going to have 5 o 6 new pages to read on this thread.

Goodnight guys and girl(s) ;)

Lucas does not have anything to do with that.. he doesn't make such decisions