Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

well whats not to understand with our posts...? I know how it is meant. BUT this sentece still makes no sense..

And I thought I was the only Itüpferlreiter 'round here... ;)

Well gnäd'ger Herr, I just wantd to show Mr. Butterfingers that we are not so on the Nudelsuppn dahergschwommen as he thinks we are ;)

While I'd prefer complete releases, if it has to be a single-discer I'd settle for something like this (for ToD):

1 Anything Goes 3.14 (incl. Shanghai, 1935)

2 Deal For The Diamond 4.06 (first 2.14 edited out)

3 The Streets of Shanghai 3.45

4 Over The Himalayas 3.23

5 Slalom on Mt. Humol 2.22

6 The Starving Village 1.28

7 Fortune and Glory 3.42 (incl They Stole The Children)

8 Short Round 2.27

9 The Legend Of Sankara and the trek To Pankot Palace 4.13

10 The Feast 0.51

11 Nocturnal Activities 5.53

12 Bug Tunnel and Death Trap 3.28

13 The Temple of Doom 6.31

14 Children in Chains 2.42

15 The Ceremony 3.06 (first 3.49 edited out)

16 Slave Children's Crusade 3.22

17 Underground Heroics 4.40

18 The Mine Car Chase 3.38

19 Water! and Cliff Confrontation 4.39

20 Battle for the Stones 4.02

21 Finale and End Credits 8.51

Warum können wir die Alben nicht gerade empfangen, wie sie sind?

wow.. to quote Mr Cosman: "Was zagen sie?!" ;)

btw. something Indy related: "Die Amerikaner, die kämpfen wie Weiber!" simply the best quote!!

Warum können wir die Alben nicht gerade empfangen, wie sie sind?

Are you German, or is there something wrong with you?

I am European, to simplify complicated matters.

Dieser Faden ist ein verwirrendes Durcheinander und eine Beleidigung zum Lan guage vom Vaterland. Es macht mich mich fühle krank. Ich brauche lebensraum.

btw. something Indy related: "Die Amerikaner, die kämpfen wie Weiber!" simply the best quote!!

The funniest thing is that (as far as I recall) it's not subtitled in the movie.

To really appreciate LC, you must know German. Then it's one of the most hilarious movies ever. "Fluschein dörhörr!"

The funniest thing is that (as far as I recall) it's not subtitled in the movie.

To really appreciate LC, you must know German. Then it's one of the most hilarious movies ever. "Fluschein dörhörr!"

Is Die Hard not filled with fake or dodgy German?

Could be. I was just annoyed that Hans is renamed Jack. WTF?

About this whole original soundtrack affair - when the expanded ones get released, box set or not, I will buy them, so whether or not they are in the box set, whether or not they only get released at a later point, that passes my buttocks without touching them.

ok here's what I think will happen

***K.M.'s Official Prediction***

The ToD and LC disks will probably be filled to capacity and close to 80 minutes.

If it's the same guys who assembled RotS and KotCS and HPPoA , then expect missing highlight cues , weird source cues or "crawling around in caves " type of underscore instead of action set pieces or fanfares , and micro -edits shaving off the bast parts of certain cues (such as the film opening of the Finale I mentionned earlier)

In fact ,I bet "Underground Chaos" will REMAIN unreleased.

I really gotta get that on DVD someday. So far, I only know the German dub - where the terrorists are not even German. Instead, they're "European", and Hans and Karl are just random names Willis' character comes up with for them.

Jeez, can you get any more pessimistic?

Aren't you normally hunting every bit of music released in a video game, even when it has low quality? Now you're getting two Indy scores expanded to the max, remastered in crisper quality, maybe even cues as they were recorded and not used in the film, and all you do is to mentally strangle a guy you don't even know if he's working on these CDs, about which you automatically assume they will feature the "wrong" cues?

KotCS is a long c.d.

However,having "Scorpions and Secret Doors" and the mariachi source music on the c.d. and a hacked up Jungle Chase and incomplete Warehouse Sequence is unforgiveable

You know, I really hate your avatar.

Whenever we got into arguments I would see that face pointing at me. It drove me insane! SERENITY NOW!!!

Every post just feels like he's shouting at you ala George Costanza's father.

Worst avatar ever!

No, there was enough good music to properly fill one c.d.

Not sure, in the film i did not notice one proper action cue ala Desert Chase, Fast Streets Of Shanghai, Belly Of The Steal Beast, Scherzo for Motorcycle etc...etc...

No, there was enough good music to properly fill one c.d.

Not sure, in the film i did not notice one proper action cue ala Desert Chase, Fast Streets Of Shanghai, Belly Of The Steal Beast, Scherzo for Motorcycle etc...etc...

The full Jungle Chase comes the closest, but it's not on that level.

hell this whole INdy Box thing goes on my nerves.. I am really looking forward to The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films Book by Doug Adams instead.. released with 2 DVDs packed with tons of Alternates and Demos!

Speaking of that . . . . do we have a release date for the book yet?

I think we've now reached the point where this thread has become worthless until there is an actual tracklisting with times made available.

I'm going to agree with whoever said Last Crusade was a well assembled album. It was. There's a highlight or two missing, but what's there is always interesting and fun to listen to. I never listen to the boot. Partially because of the poor sound and partially because so much of it is just killing time until the next set piece.

Neil

The Last Crusade flows wonderfully in its complete form. Even better than TOD, IMHO. It's the one score I would like to see an expanded release. And I'm not even a particular fan of complete and chronoligally assembled albums.

Yes I thought about this. Raiders is getting 3 short extra cues, it could be the same for TOD and TLC.

Damn, that's true. I think that, overall, they just want to see how much this will sell, and in case that this will sell as good as they want/hope, they may be doing further expanded/complete releases again.

Unfortunately, Indy fans aren't lucky ad Star Wars fans, who got so many releases over the years. This, apart the 1995 Raiders (and obviously the 3 OST releases), is the only Indy related release ever (in terms of music, of course).

And that's so bad.

And still no word about screensavers and collectible cover art.

Screensavers?? Who wants/need them nowadays?

Less useless contents, more music!!

How can possibly cost this box-set? I'm thinkin' of an average of 15 euros per disc for the 3 main discs (counting the interview disc as less valuable, and the Indy IV score not expensive because it's available anyways) so I fear this won't cost less than 55-60euros (which are about 80 bucks, for those who use the wrong money).

I think I will do just that!

EDIT: I am responding to Stefan Cosman (it happens to me all the time).

Use the "quote" feature, dude...it works. ROTFLMAO

Dieser Faden ist ein verwirrendes Durcheinander und eine Beleidigung zum Lan guage vom Vaterland. Es macht mich mich fühle krank. Ich brauche lebensraum.

What kinda moonman language is that?

(someone just HAD to say this, at a certain point)

Great news one the expanded releases!

I am listening to the ToD score on youtube right now, and getting more and more excited. For those of us who never even got to have any of the original Indy scores, this is just incredible.

So, is it wrong that I consider this almost as big news as the promotion I got at work today? ...Nah.

Oh cool, you get to pay for dinner this time.